Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Pretending he did enact that in his mandate…how would that play out?

obviously tons of legislators (most of whom are probably vaxxed on the down low) would “refuse to get vaxxed”…then what? Can’t come to work? That would get ugly.

well, 100% of congressional dems are vaxed so it could go pretty awesomely

• Like 1

Deaths are also up by 2X the amount from last year. Worthless metric? That’s despite having a 3 vaccine rollout, better treatments and more people naturally infected

My policy? Back to normal. No masks on anything. No vaccine passport or mandates. If numbers are rising on all 3 metrics(hospitalizations, deaths and cases), to keep doing what we’re doing knowing the results is the definition of insanity. Fucking forcing people to take the vaccine isn’t the way. They know the risks.

WTF exactly have we been doing? Here in TX we are doing jack shit.

Someone ping babydaddy to see if he knows about this poll or did the liberal media try to hide it?

I’ve been traveling. Did you read the poll and how it was conducted? Online and over a month. I am surprised cnn rolled out a new poling method that miraculously showed President Biden at over 52% and John Harwood pushing it out. Totally amazed and impressed and surprised.

Which branch of government do all the companies with 100 or more employees work for? Must have missed that lesson in civics.  

If the federal government is going to start in with vax mandates, they should lead by example. Pretty sure that the two components of the legislative branch each have more than 100 employees. 

Edited by Anastasis
preempting pedantry.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Which branch of government do all the companies with 100 or more employees work for? Must have missed that lesson in civics.  

If the federal government is going to start in with vax mandates, they should lead by example. Pretty sure that the two components of the legislative branch each have more than 100 employees. 

I wish Congress would pass a vaccine mandate. I don’t think Biden has the authority to mandate Congress get vaccinated. Is there any authority that could make congress get vaccines? Seriously asking, I have no idea, 

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I wish Congress would pass a vaccine mandate. I don’t think Biden has the authority to mandate Congress get vaccinated. Is there any authority that could make congress get vaccines? Seriously asking, I have no idea, 

Let's get real.  The authority he is using is tenuous and will get challenged in court. The number of staffers employed by congress is like 10k.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I can confirm the legislative branch has more than 100 employees and would appreciate someone shedding light on why he couldn’t mandate vaccines for members of Congress and their staffs…?

On 9/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, Js1 said:

So now all those deaths are real? I thought it was a liberal hoax perpetuated by greedy hospitals claiming everything was a COVID death to get more money and the whole thing would disappear after the election? 

Chiropractor chick I met at the bar last night told me this very thing. Was ok looking but too old and no I don’t have any pics. At least she was pro vaccine. 

Chiros can be pretty dumb sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Let's get real.  The authority he is using is tenuous and will get challenged in court. The number of staffers employed by congress is like 10k.

I never mentioned the OSHA stuff. I was asking who has the authority to make Congress get vaccines. 

So do the 40% (allegedly, Fauci lie ratio has to be considered) of the employees who work under Fauci who haven't been vaccinated, have to get vaccinated?  Always found it strange how the folks who worked on the vaccines and had first dibs to take them didn't....odd.

Edited by mulletpelini
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

So do the 40% (allegedly, Fauci lie ratio has to be considered) of the employees who work under Fauci who haven't been vaccinated, have to get vaccinated?  Always found it strange how the folks who worked on the vaccines and had first dibs to take them didn't....odd.

Someone likes fake news.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/05/30/fact-check-fauci-didnt-say-cdc-fda-staff-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/7474372002/

Also, Fauci doesn't run CDC, he runs a part of it that's responsible for infectious diseases.  Apparently, the vax rate there runs about the same as nationally.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

For Ana, who thinks the President is the boss of the government but also hates that Congress has ceded its powers to the executive branch. Can’t have it both ways

Employer with thousands of employees exempt from vaccine requirement cause imaginary exemptions for government is some hilarious nonsense. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

9 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Employees of congress should be subject to the same vaccine requirements that thr government is requiring the private sector to implement. 

“You support a dictator” - totally normal lawyer brains

Good luck getting that through the senate with guys like Cancun Cruz and the poodle lap dog. 

The executive branch can’t tell the legislative branch what to do unless they first storm the capitol looking to lynch and or kill the president of the senate and the leader of the house and take it over.

Then they can tell them to do whatever they want. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Employees of congress should be subject to the same vaccine requirements that thr government is requiring the private sector to implement. 

“You support a dictator” - totally normal lawyer brains

Do you really need someone to explain the whole three branches of government thing?

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

He won’t listen when we do. I mean, the executive has literally zero constitutional authority of that sort of thing in the legislative branch, but Ana’s gonna stay the course.

When it comes to war powers: SEPARATION OF POWERS STOP GIVING THE EXECUTIVE MORE POWER

When it comes to vaccine mandate: why doesn’t Joe Biden just tell Congress what to do with his ultimate authority? 

Patiently waiting for Joe Biden to kill the filibuster since Ana thinks he has the power to dictate Congressional rules. Hey I bet he could overrule the Parliamentarian too to slip in a rule that GOP gets no votes or staff or office budgets anymore too!

Edited by Js1

Arkansas really broke y'all's brains and sense of humor. 

But if we are really going to try have a serious conversation, why do we continue to beg the question wrt Biden's legal powers to implement a broad vaccine mandate through private sector employers based on some arbitrary number of employees? That shit is novel and is going to keep a bunch of lawyers fat and happy for a while. The other components of Biden's orders, federal workers/contractors and entities with ties to CMS funding, seem more clear cut.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Arkansas really broke y'all's brains and sense of humor. 
But if we are really going to try have a serious conversation, why do we continue to beg the question wrt Biden's legal powers to implement a broad vaccine mandate through private sector employers based on some arbitrary number of employees? That shit is novel and is going to keep a bunch of lawyers fat and happy for a while. The other components of Biden's orders, federal workers/contractors and entities with ties to CMS funding, seem more clear cut.  

Except you’re not trying to have a serious conversation. Shove your intellectual dishonesty up both sides of your ass.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Except you’re not trying to have a serious conversation. Shove your intellectual dishonesty up both sides of your ass.

On 9/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, Anastasis said:

The authority he is using is tenuous and will get challenged in court.

All the lawyers jump up real quick when someone jokes about making congress subject to the government vaccine mandate, but not much to say when it's pointed out that the legal basis for the broad mandate will get challenged in court.  Put aside your political bias for a moment, do you think that the OSHA rule broadly targeting businesses with 100 or more employees (whenever it actually gets written of course) will stand up to the challenges?  My gut tells me no.