Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

44 minutes ago, Deej said:

That will end now that everyone has to pay their landlords again.

If only the federal government had passed a shit ton of money for rent relief for landlords but red states were refusing to distribute money 

23 hours ago, Js1 said:

If only the federal government had passed a shit ton of money for rent relief for landlords but red states were refusing to distribute money 

To be fair, something like 90 percent of funds have not been distributed. I am not expert but I am going to guess 90 percent of the funds did not go to red states. This is a bipartisan failure and extends across both administrations. And it has the potential to ruin millions of lives.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 5:00 PM, Deej said:

That will end now that everyone has to pay their landlords again.

Stat: 750,000 households in the US could be evicted by the end of 2021, Goldman Sachs wrote after the Supreme Court scrapped the CDC’s eviction moratorium.

Up to 3.5 million households collectively owe landlords as much as $17 billion, Goldman calculated.

good remarks today.

i think once the dust settles, 'ending the 20+ year war in Afghanistan' is going to resonate more with the American public than 'the 2 week withdrawal plan was not great'. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

good remarks today.

i think once the dust settles, 'ending the 20+ year war in Afghanistan' is going to resonate more with the American public than 'the 2 week withdrawal plan was not great'. 

It went better than most expected. 120,000 evacuated, 13 deaths - damn good numbers given the Afghanistan war history. 

His speech today was excellent. Best single decision a president has made in a long, long time. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I agree that his speech came off well. It’s the most pro service-member speech that I’ve heard by a president in a long time. Usually they just use military folks, blow some pretend patriotic smoke, and ultimately dehumanize the people bearing the brunt of the cost of our wars. Acknowledging that cost means something to me.

Fox News’ website is losing its mind over Afghanistan, which tells me that the speech went ok at least.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Mole said:

I agree that his speech came off well. It’s the most pro service-member speech that I’ve heard by a president in a long time. Usually they just use military folks, blow some pretend patriotic smoke, and ultimately dehumanize the people bearing the brunt of the cost of our wars. Acknowledging that cost means something to me.

Fox News’ website is losing its mind over Afghanistan, which tells me that the speech went ok at least.

Biden sent a son to war. He knows the cost. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

good remarks today.

His handling of Afghanistan is polling low and his opponents will not let a crisis go to waste.

Just now, David Dennison said:

The only people who care about that already hate Joe Biden.

This. The "swing voters" or whatever you call them won't care when the next celebrity gossip story arises and most will vote the same when the gqp nominates another idiot zealot who is allergic to facts.

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Unfortunately for his political opponents, the crisis ended 14 months from the next election. That's a whole year for Americans to realize we're not in Afghanistan anymore.

There was a NYT (I think?) article that talked to independent/swing voters in California and the consensus seemed to be "it wasn't done as well as it could have been, but it's time we got out and don't we have enough problems at home?" 

That's the key.  It's been 20 years and it's not longer "close to home" for the average voter - we have enough fucking problems here (COVID resurgence, wage stagnation, rising housing costs, etc.) that very very few people are going to go to the voting booth in November 2022 and be like "well Joe Biden fucked up in Afghanistan in August 2021" 

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

So what the case for me to give any sort of shit about this? 

No case.  We have a few posters here that are waiving away everything or making asinine comments like the only people that care already hate him.  The Dem aligned pollster is telling us that actually, almost his entire change in approval is driven by Dems and Indies.  Not people that already hated him.  

I do agree with Js1 though.  None of this makes a shit for Nov 2022

14 minutes ago, bluto said:

Part of that polling “is Biden doing enough to get US past pandemic” and a ~40% chunk say hes not. I’m curious as to what else he could be doing… National vax mandate? More bailout/relief?

Don't know.  47% of the unvaxxed group think he's not doing enough.  National vax mandate might make their heads explode.  He can't help stupid

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s laughable to see the defense of Biden. I especially love the post that suggested the withdrawal went well with “damn good numbers” with only 13 dead.  But then Ace later wrote Biden’s speech went well (it was terrible) and he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, so he’s trolling. And lulz at Biden’s penchant for always mentioning losing Beau. He did that with all the families of the 13 fallen, and they all mentioned it and how he was insincere and wanted to make the situation about him with Beau. 

The impact on the midterms remains to be seen. The clumsy, terrible withdrawal will be forgotten - IF various operatives out of Afghanistan leave us alone. I’m not convinced we won’t have to go back there because of the way the dismount was botched. 

You live in a different reality than the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s laughable to see the defense of Biden. I especially love the post that suggested the withdrawal went well with “damn good numbers” with only 13 dead.  But then Ace later wrote Biden’s speech went well (it was terrible) and he deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, so he’s trolling. And lulz at Biden’s penchant for always mentioning losing Beau. He did that with all the families of the 13 fallen, and they all mentioned it and how he was insincere and wanted to make the situation about him with Beau. 

The impact on the midterms remains to be seen. The clumsy, terrible withdrawal will be forgotten - IF various operatives out of Afghanistan leave us alone. I’m not convinced we won’t have to go back there because of the way the dismount was botched. 

It was the largest, most effective withdrawal from a war zone in history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Foreign policy doesn’t decide elections 15 months away 

Ben Ghazi

We’re never gonna hear the end of it. I’ve already seen two prayer requests from olds on Facebook about the 13 soldiers who were blown up - not by the Taliban - but by some random terror group that wants to build their brand by grabbing attention.

Meanwhile, we went 20 years with thousands of US troops dying, 19 years after conventional combat was concluded, barely hear a peep about what’s happening there because mainstream media no longer covered it.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Biden finally got us out of Afghanistan. 

Trump repeatedly promised to do so but was too much off a huge pussy to do it and kicked the can down the road to let the adults handle things. 

The voters know who got us out. 

Prove me wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m aware. I think it’s humorous how incredulous and sensitive people here are acting about any criticism toward his obvious multiple fuckups - just because the guy isn’t Trump. The rest of the country does not see your reality. The media is crucifying Biden for his past two weeks. You live in fantasy land. 

Oh so now “the media” has credibility all of a sudden? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

If only your boy Trump had kept his promise to get the troops out then everything would be great, right? 

“Promises made. Promises kept.” 

I guess he forgot the Afghan troop one. 

“I accept no responsibility at all.” - trump the promise maker 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m aware. I think it’s humorous how incredulous and sensitive people here are acting about any criticism toward his obvious multiple fuckups - just because the guy isn’t Trump. The rest of the country does not see your reality. The media is crucifying Biden for his past two weeks. You live in fantasy land. 

The media that people like you have been telling us is lying for 5 years? Something about your positions seems incongruous. 

No one said you can’t criticize but to act like the pullout of Afghanistan was anything but a massive success is simply untrue. 

15 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Dunkirk?

Dunkirk wasn’t the ending of a war, just moving troops out of immediate death (didn’t like 80,000 still die there? Thank god the Germans took a 3 day vacay … . Plus something something all the military equipment left behind for the Germans to mow down the French.

30 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I agree with some of this, but do you really live in a world where all 13 of the fallen soldiers' families were interviewed, and all 13 mentioned how off-putting and insincere it was when the President brought up the death of his own son to share in their grief? 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I agree with some of this, but do you really live in a world where all 13 of the fallen soldiers' families were interviewed, and all 13 mentioned how off-putting and insincere it was when the President brought up the death of his own son to share in their grief? 

He should have called them losers and suckers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I didn’t say the media is lying. About what?

Massive success?  Fantasyland. 

Oh so you believed all of the media reporting about Donald then? You seem to have a newfound respect for our media.

Name every military withdraw from a warzone that was more successful. Name one even.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s completely despicable for you and the right wing hate machine to use those families grief over the death of their children for political purposes. Absolutely disgusting. Unforgivable. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Hyperbole on my part. Many mentioned it, and it bugs me when he mentions it. It’s a total bitch move. A total crutch. 

How dare he comfort grieving parts by sharing his own experiences as a grieving parent. What a piece of shit complaint.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Massive success?  Fantasyland. 

There’s a 129,000 folks who disagree.

What Rs expect the President to do is shut up and not say word one about the failed war. You know, do like Ford did, clam up and act like it never happened.

Edited by Willfully Horn
More

Ben Ghazi

We’re never gonna hear the end of it. I’ve already seen two prayer requests from olds on Facebook about the 13 soldiers who were blown up - not by the Taliban - but by some random terror group that wants to build their brand by grabbing attention.

Meanwhile, we went 20 years with thousands of US troops dying, 19 years after conventional combat was concluded, barely hear a peep about what’s happening there because mainstream media no longer covered it.

Benghazi didn’t move a single persuadable voter.

Plus, negatives don’t stick to Biden like they do Hillary. Yadda yadda sexism.

Fucking Jim “Too Tall” Comey did more to sink Hillary Clinton than fucking Benghazi.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

He made it about him. Beau died at 46 of brain cancer (a separate tragedy; my mom died of brain cancer at 47). It is not comparable to a 21 yo getting blown to bits by an ISIS suicider.  Parents don’t want to hear Biden equate the two. 

I can agree with this. But those parents will want to hear about their children saving 10,000 lives apiece.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Nope. You assuming I’m a Trump fan (didn’t vote for him either time) because I have the gall to be critical of Biden is a bitch move. 

I never paid attention to media reports on Trump. I tried to tune that 4-year period out. I didn’t care. Trump was and is a clown. 

Huh?  I’m doing no such thing. I’m also not a part of the RWHM, at least I don’t think so. 

He made it about him. Beau died at 46 of brain cancer (a separate tragedy; my mom died of brain cancer at 47). It is not comparable to a 21 yo getting blown to bits by an ISIS suicider.  Parents don’t want to hear Biden equate the two. 

Yeah, we know. Joe mentions it at every opportunity. Trying to use his dead son for political advantage. How dare he, @JimmyJames

Have you ever lost a child? If not then you have no idea what the parents do or don’t want to hear. This is frankly disgusting criticism. You’re a grotesque example of a person if this is how you think.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

I can agree with this. But those parents will want to hear about their children saving 10,000 lives apiece.

Yes Beau died of brain cancer. Joe is the first POTUS in a long while who had voted to send his kid to war.  And that’s not counting whatever the fuck GWB pretended to do.

You think he can’t talk to a grieving parent about their child paying the ultimate price?  There was no guarantee Beau was coming back from Iraq.  He understands.

BTW - the only family members I’ve seen go loud and proud against Biden were: the lady who called into a conservative radio show and the other whose entire Facebook is anti-vax/anti-Dem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3