Markets still falling like whoa

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Get ready for when the music stops with TSLA. They are playing some fuck fuck games with their accounting 

So is the FED and other departments.  But I’ve told people for years TSLA will go bankrupt, or bankrupt portfolios.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Obviously I don't know shit, as the markets are up. That's why I pay a financial advisor and stay in my lane. Lol

Lulz. I had the "nailed it" gif locked and loaded for later today.

In related news, GOOGL joins the $2T market cap club, hitting a new all-time high this morning.

20 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I don’t agree with this oft used argument.

Value is value.

I don't know how to break the news - but nothing only goes up, buy the rumor/sell the news, so up 25% YTD, 113% 1 year, 147% 3 years and you are worried about the negative reaction to an earnings report.
This stuff happens all the time, and eventually to most companies, is your concern that it is more than a blip on the path forward? If so sell some, or buy puts (as a hedge), or sell some OTM calls to generate some premiums from your holdings.

note - my comments are based on interpreting your comments as if they relate to Facebook specifically and not the broader market (like S&P 500); I get that it is easy to get nervous. If you want more safety, you can still get 5%+ on cd's and there is no harm in that. 

I don't know how to break the news - but nothing only goes up, buy the rumor/sell the news, so up 25% YTD, 113% 1 year, 147% 3 years and you are worried about the negative reaction to an earnings report.
This stuff happens all the time, and eventually to most companies, is your concern that it is more than a blip on the path forward? If so sell some, or buy puts (as a hedge), or sell some OTM calls to generate some premiums from your holdings.

note - my comments are based on interpreting your comments as if they relate to Facebook specifically and not the broader market (like S&P 500); I get that it is easy to get nervous. If you want more safety, you can still get 5%+ on cd's and there is no harm in that. 

I appreciate your post and agree with all of it. But I don’t think your response had anything to do with my post you quoted.

I was just making the point that value is value whether converted to cash or not.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Well that was an odd day.  What caused the Fed comment rally to collapse?

Was listening to Powell yammer headed to a meeting and didn’t hear anything controversial.  

There was a big ding in healthcare because of Medicare Advantage, CVS was down 17% on the day.  Not sure what kind of impact that had on the overall market.

• Hook 'Em 1