Worst Christmas Song

NWBuck

OK, as a counterpoint to the other thread... What's your least favorite song of the season?

This could be one that is OK and has been played to death, one that is musically terrible, or one that you just absolutely hate. It could be a song that you enjoy otherwise, but a particular version just grates on your last freaking nerve.  These could be "standards", hymns/carols, or even "novelty" tunes.

Here's the start of my list:

• Hymns- We Three Kings (such a freaking dirge), O Little Town of Bethlehem (just atrocious, musically)
  • Standards- 12 Days of Christmas (seriously, we get it. You like birds), Frosty the Snowman (saccharine bullshit)
  • Pop- All I Want For  Christmas Is You (perfectly fine, beat to death), Last Christmas (terrible when it was written, and now part of too many "ironic" holiday gatherings), Wonderful Christmastime (serious earworm, no thank you)
  • Novelty tunes- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (my grandmother was killed in a car wreck on Christmas day, so... yeah), Christmas Shoes (Patton Oswalt's take pretty much summarizes my thinking on this POS), The Chipmunk Song (I didn't mind this until Patton ruined it for me as well)

OK, Surly Scrooges... What have you?

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, NWBuck said:

OK, as a counterpoint to the other thread... What's your least favorite song of the season?

This could be one that is OK and has been played to death, one that is musically terrible, or one that you just absolutely hate. It could be a song that you enjoy otherwise, but a particular version just grates on your last freaking nerve.  These could be "standards", hymns/carols, or even "novelty" tunes.

Here's the start of my list:

• Hymns- We Three Kings (such a freaking dirge), O Little Town of Bethlehem (just atrocious, musically)
  • Standards- 12 Days of Christmas (seriously, we get it. You like birds), Frosty the Snowman (saccharine bullshit)
  • Pop- All I Want For  Christmas Is You (perfectly fine, beat to death), Last Christmas (terrible when it was written, and now part of too many "ironic" holiday gatherings), Wonderful Christmastime (serious earworm, no thank you)
  • Novelty tunes- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (my grandmother was killed in a car wreck on Christmas day, so... yeah), Christmas Shoes (Patton Oswalt's take pretty much summarizes my thinking on this POS), The Chipmunk Song (I didn't mind this until Patton ruined it for me as well)

OK, Surly Scrooges... What have you?

This sent me down a two hour Patton Oswalt rabbit hole. Pos rep. 

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Hook 'Em 1

If you fucks are going to rage about Wham! then at least have the common decency to post the original music video where George and the boys are desperately trying not to fuck each other by playing grab-ass with their "girlfriends" in a Swiss Alps chalet. NTTAWWT: