BYU @ Coastal Carolina ESPNU

WBT

5 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Pretty sure the Storming Mormons would bend eggy over, and would take Florida. I'll reserve my view on CC after I have actually seen them play for more than a half.

Dude. 9-0 against southwestern Baptist state and the school of the deaf does not equate to beating Florida or aggy. And fuck aggy. 

Just now, pops said:

Dude. 9-0 against southwestern Baptist state and the school of the deaf does not equate to beating Florida or aggy. And fuck aggy. 

well they had a lot harder schedule it is not their fault how things went

they throttled UH though (that probably sucks with coach energy drink + vodka) and they really throttled Boise and Troy is not great this year, but they beat them and UTSA is playing OK and they beat them too (it was close though)

so it is not like they just gave up on their year after their really good schedule dell apart and scheduled all D1-AA teams just to play

I hope they can still add a PAC 12 game and win it too

they still have SDSU left to play and that is also a pretty good team lately

6 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

well they had a lot harder schedule it is not their fault how things went

they throttled UH though (that probably sucks with coach energy drink + vodka) and they really throttled Boise and Troy is not great this year, but they beat them and UTSA is playing OK and they beat them too (it was close though)

so it is not like they just gave up on their year after their really good schedule dell apart and scheduled all D1-AA teams just to play

I hope they can still add a PAC 12 game and win it too

they still have SDSU left to play and that is also a pretty good team lately

And now they are losing. Fuck this overrated team. 

Since I hate the 4-team CFPlayoff oligarchy beauty contest, I was all in for a BYU undefeated season this year...

...until a few weeks ago when they ducked a chance to play Washington, the one chance to actually prove themselves.  Cowardly phonies. Screw them.

Plus they've always been mouthy cheap shot Taiwan Little League scheme punks.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 1

They may still win,  but byu is the biggest paper tiger ever. They are not good. And now that they are playing someone with a plan and a modicum of talent they are exposed. The playoff committee didn't underrate them,  they overrated them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, pops said:

They may still win,  but byu is the biggest paper tiger ever. They are not good. And now that they are playing someone with a plan and a modicum of talent they are exposed. The playoff committee didn't underrate them,  they overrated them. 

I fully support your byu hatred 

While I have no liking for BYU they did manage to create a schedule out of thin air. As I posted earlier I also respect the Chanticleers for taking this game. It could have been a blowout for them with everyone saying, "See this is why we don't allow non P5 schools in the playoffs." These Mullets are feisty.

31 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

What’s the deal with South Carolina and rooster mascots?   

CC was once part of the USCe system and when they decided to get into sports they wanted to pay homage to the Gamecocks so they came up with their mascot but one upped the Cocks by naming themselves after a fancier chicken.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mininghorn88 said:

CC was once part of the USCe system and when they decided to get into sports they wanted to pay homage to the Gamecocks so they came up with their mascot but one upped the Cocks by naming themselves after a fancier chicken.

And here I thought dog fighting was the leading animal combat sport, not in Carolina...

Honestly there's no reason not to put the winner of this game in the CFP. Aggy already showed that despite being a solid team they're not gonna hang with the big boys. Ohio State has played four games.

Put em in. Chaos year. If 2020 ain't the year then when will it ever be?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Honestly there's no reason not to put the winner of this game in the CFP. Aggy already showed that despite being a solid team they're not gonna hang with the big boys. Ohio State has played four games.

Put em in. Chaos year. If 2020 ain't the year then when will it ever be?

Agree with the idea but I’d rather have Cincinnati in. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

It's actually UofSC. See they can't be USC or SC, because that's Southern Cal. They can't be Carolina because that's UNC. They're the aggy of the southeast.