Cowboys @ Ravens 7pm CT FOX

LTtxfan

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if dez tested positive how did they not have to quarantine or contact trace everyone else who was in direct contact with him the past few hours?

FIFY. I saw a headline saying he was seen on the field (prior to getting pulled) handshaking and hugging Cowboys players

Edited by SurlyBDR

5 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

FIFY. I saw a headline saying he was seen on the field (prior to getting pulled) handshaking and hugging Cowboys players

Yeah I can’t understand this either.  They definitely showed him on the field during warmups.  How is it not damn near the whole damn team (or both if he was handshaking and hugging players)?  Doesn’t add up.

16 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if dez tested positive how did they not have to quarantine or contact trace everyone else who was in direct contact with him the past few days?

because they aren't really that concerned about tracing or quarantining.  they want the season to keep moving

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Um, no. The ball was in the air. It was a blatant PI. Right in front of the ref. Lamb had no chance to get it and I was responding to whomever said he should’ve kept hustling to catch the ball. My point was it was such a bad PI that he he no chance. Lamb did nothing wrong. That ref was watching the play and it was one of the worst non-calls I’ve ever seen. Wouldn’t have mattered with our D. 

I find it funny some here are critical of the O at all. Dalton played fine. Zeke ran with more zip than he had all year. His stats are fucked with 3 goal line stuffs.  That’s on the line. Otherwise he averaged over 5 ypc. Was going to get over 100 yards before the game got out of hand. I can’t think of one redeemable player on the entire D. Terrible. 

um no, the ball wasn't in the air at the point he grabbed him.  it was uncatchable so PI wouldn't have been called. 

Right now he’s a Luka fan first and foremost. 

Yes!!!! My 11 year old is 5'3" and good at basketball. We actually went out to the Memphis game that (I think) was the last pre covid cancelation of the season. KP went off and Luka had a bad day but damn...that was the best father/son day ever!

He has a giant luka mural on his wall in his bedroom.

He’s on a couple of hoops teams and is a stud. We won our Fall league and this winter we are only playing in tourneys in the hood against boys that...don’t look like him. Which is good. 
Nice! We play local schools, my kid is nowhere in the vicinity of travel teams but he loves playing and is decent to above average for a tall white boy.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I can’t help you if you’re unable to extrapolate information. First, the ball was likely either over the Ravens’ 40, or between midfield and the 40, when the penalty occurred. Second, if you believe it was uncatachable, you don’t know NFL receivers and didn’t watch CDL against the Vikings. Just because a ball lands out of bounds does not mean it’s unmatchable. That was textbook PI. 

I can't help if you don't have a angle that shows it.  when the defender contacts Lamb Dalton still as the ball.  the ball lands 10 yards beyond Lamb and at least 3 feet beyond the white line.  Its uncatchable.

I'm actually arguing for a penalty that would actually be called regardless if the ball is catchable.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You have an angle that shows Dalton still has the ball?  Easy extrapolation would be for ball to be hovering over at least midfield when the transgression occur, based on Lamb’s reaction and the replay that shows he didn’t flop all the way down the field. I’m serious, the ball was in the air. 

The ball LANDED a few feet out of bounds. It was not out of bounds at the point Lamb would have made a play on it. That it landed 6 yards (not 10) is exactly why PI should’ve been called. He definitely would have made a play on the ball. I doubt it would’ve been a TD, but it could have been with his athleticism. He definitely would have made a play - likely a catch, toe tap, out of bounds. 

correct.  neither of us has an angle of Dalton and the defender. the ball landed probably 10 feet out of bounds and 10 yards from where Lamb was.  the white stripe is 6 feet wide.

Edited by dcar00

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I understand that, but the ball WAS in the air and the ball WAS catchable. I understand what you’re saying, just think you’re wrong, and my call would’ve been a spot foul, not a 10 yarder. That’s about an 18-yard difference. 

the ball was not close to catchable. it was 10 feet out of bounds because...Andy Dalton.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It LANDED two feet to the left out of bounds. Have you ever stood on a field in the white area?  The white area itself isn’t 10 feet.

When he would’ve made a play on the ball, had he not been fouled, it was definitely in bounds. Because it would’ve been 3 yards upfield.  Unless Dalton is throwing a ball like I hit a golf ball, with a slight fade. I mean, are you serious right now?  It was definitely catchable. 

the white area is 6 feet and it landed 4 feet beyond that.  10 feet.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

christ dude you need glasses.  it lands in the green beyond the white and 10 yards past CDL. LOL.

Christ dudes the Cowboys lost by 17 and have been worthless for 25 years who gives a shit about one call. I use to love the Boyz and someday when a good owner brings them back I will love them again. For now just enjoy that Jerry finally seems to hate losing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Dez's Twitter rant was pretty good, nice to wake up and read that. Did they randomly pick him to be tested, or was it known he was in contact with a positive case? 

According to someone on NFLNetwork, his regular Gameday test came back inconclusive somehow.   He did a rapid test right before going out onto the field for warmups and by the time that test came back he was already out there.   Then they pulled him off.  

Edited by Trey3216

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

When my football consciousness came to life it was the mid 80s. Cowboys and Horns were coming off of dominating the 60s (Horns) and 70s (Cowboys) and were still dwindling in that in the mid 80s. Akers and Landry kept them competitive and then the bottom fell out for both. I used to get pissed as a 10 year old but my 10 year old son just kinda shrugs his shoulders, plays Fortnite, and scores TDs and buckets for his teams. He doesn’t give a fuck. He wants a Randy Moss jersey for Christmas because he “Moss’s” other kids. Doesn’t fucking care. Things will change (?). Right now he’s a Luka fan first and foremost. 

Just about describes my own situation, though my boy is 13.  I will add that there'd be no way in hell he'd wear anything other than TX, TN, or Cowboys by his choice (not mine).

14 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

if dez tested positive how did they not have to quarantine or contact trace everyone else who was in direct contact with him the past few days?

Who said anything about logically consistent processes and policies?

37 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

As a kid growing up as an Oilers fan if you would have told me someday I might actually start to feel bad for Cowboy fans I never would have believed it.  Getting close though.

Meh. It’s not as if the fire is confined to one room and the structure can be saved at this point...

47 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

As a kid growing up as an Oilers fan if you would have told me someday I might actually start to feel bad for Cowboy fans I never would have believed it.  Getting close though.

As a Cowboy fan with a son named Emmitt (partially as a family name; partially after the player), I would have never believed I would become so apathetic to the team.  I watched all of about 5 mins before I put on Jersey Shore reruns.