Formula 1 2021

wood

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Qualifying should be interesting. Assuming the leaders will qualify on mediums again, but the daring hard tire start (looking at you Bottas) could Add some fun. 

Looking like a lost year for Ricciardo. Just no improvement weekend to weekend.  At least not on one lap pace. 

Danny Ric has to show improvement in testing in the off-season.  Especially if Norris finishes strong

• Hook 'Em 1

Surprise, surprise. Vettel refuses to accept any responsibility. 

Fernando Alonso lamented that his Austrian Grand Prix weekend was over after an unintentional block by Sebastian Vettel saw him forced out of qualifying in 14th place. In response, the Aston Martin driver said there was little he could have done to avoid the situation, instead pointing the finger at other drivers who overtook him and slowed down where they shouldn’t have. 

Edited by TonyTexas

15 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Alonso pissed at Vettel. I reckon he has the right

Yeah. This situation is bullshit every time it happens, and the penalties the FIA lays out never fit the crime. If they want this shit to stop, the penalties for it need to be much more severe than getting to advance to the next session with a 3-place grid penalty while the guy your team screwed is out of Q2 and stuck back on row 7 on the grid when he was on pace for a top 3-4 lap. Get draconian and the teams and drivers will do what it takes to stay out of the way of people on hot laps.

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Surprise, surprise. Vettel refuses to accept any responsibility. 

Fernando Alonso lamented that his Austrian Grand Prix weekend was over after an unintentional block by Sebastian Vettel saw him forced out of qualifying in 14th place. In response, the Aston Martin driver said there was little he could have done to avoid the situation, instead pointing the finger at other drivers who overtook him and slowed down where they shouldn’t have. 

That was also my take initially, but the radio backs up Vettel's claim that the team didn't warn him about Alonso coming up behind him. Alonso acknowledged that, too, and said it's on the team & not Vettel. 

JFC, in about a year that team has gone from one of favorite teams in Force India to probably my least favorite team as AM. Fuck every motherfucker in that abortion of a team.

And boy, Nando is really starting to stretch his legs on Ocon. I think Esteban is in for a world of shit ... and Lando, fuck yeah. Merc might be going after the wrong Brit. I like George a lot, but Lando has been on it all season.

• Hook 'Em 1