Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's actually in several places now. Apparently, they are going to go after Jackson.

Not the backing off of Hornsby part. I'm asking about the rumor that Hornsby asked Jimbo if he'd hire his QB coach. I remember seeing that rumor awhile back, but can't remember where it originated 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Follow up question:  how long before jimbo gets tired head and throttles way back on effort and coasts until aggy fires him or his contract ends?

8-9 wins per year will keep the natives from getting restless.  They'll focus on the 2-5 recruits they win H2H 'gainst the durn t-sippers and that'll be enough to keep them happy.

1 hour ago, Caddox said:

Uhhhhh did you not see the effort he gave at the end with FSU? Aggy took a big gamble that doesn’t happen again. That program completely rotted from the inside under Jimbo.

FUPM

Just now, Fud said:

Not the backing off of Hornsby part. I'm asking about the rumor that Hornsby asked Jimbo if he'd hire his QB coach. I remember seeing that rumor awhile back, but can't remember where it originated 

Ah, well, I'm evidently not just slow on the uptake, I'm also out of the appropriate loop. I can't think of a single reason why Jimbo would turn down such a proposition if it were real, though. The best evidence that Hornsby never asked is the fact that Jimbo didn't do it.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Ah, well, I'm evidently not just slow on the uptake, I'm also out of the appropriate loop. I can't think of a single reason why Jimbo would turn down such a proposition if it were real, though. The best evidence that Hornsby never asked is the fact that Jimbo didn't do it. 

Well, only one reason is necessary; he'd have to hire him to one of the ten assistant coaching spots who are allowed to go on the road to recruit, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to hire someone close to him 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

A high school teammate of mine use to coach at  Austin high when Hornsby was there. He told me that was Hornsby’s request to Fisher 

Edited by Hornsfan91
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If they are backing off of Hornsby, then IDK who they are targeting because all the other QB offers are committed except some guy from Alabama.  Surprises they haven't offered King.  Any chance they don't even take a QB???

They haven't taken one in 2 years, why start now.

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If they are backing off of Hornsby, then IDK who they are targeting because all the other QB offers are committed except some guy from Alabama.  Surprises they haven't offered King.  Any chance they don't even take a QB???

Supposedly they're looking at one of LSU's commits, TJ Finley. Also I saw that a westcoast qb (not Young or Ukelele) is visiting them soon, but I don't remember the name. 

I kind of want them to take Hornsby, tbh 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Supposedly they're looking at one of LSU's commits, TJ Finley. Also I saw that a westcoast qb (not Young or Ukelele) is visiting them soon, but I don't remember the name. 

Between hiring an OL coach who knows the difference between a guard and a tackle and swerving away from the combustible redflagapalooza that is the Hornsby recruitment, I'm worried the aggy I know and love tolerate is changing

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fud said:

Now that you mention it, I think that guy may have just visited them ( the LSU commit ).

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

Calzada's a spare, but Foster was actually a highly-touted recruit.

I see the portal coming,

It's coming round the bend,

aggy won't see no sunshine,

And Foster will be gone then....

You know they had it coming,

The bottom's where they'll stay.

Jimbo'll take his money,

And get the hell away..

• Like 9

Damon Sayles: A&M CB target Jalen Kimber talks A&M, recruiting and The Opening

Arlington, Texas, cornerback Jalen Kimber recently was upgraded from a 3-star to a 4-star prospect. The Mansfield Timberview High School standout might have improved his stock even more after Sunday's performance at The Opening Dallas regional. Kimber posted the highest football rating of the day -- a 125.85 -- after running the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds, finishing the shuttle run in four seconds flat, vertical jumping 40.8 inches and throwing the power ball 37 feet. He then competed in the "Fastest Man" 40-yard dash competition and won with a time of 4.43 seconds.

His motivation? Credit everything to those ranked above him. Kimber once was an athlete who didn't care much about rankings and stars, but once he started competing against athletes with higher ratings -- and those he felt he was better than -- he used that as his muse. "I've seen the past rankings and everybody ranked above me. I used that to motivate me," Kimber said. "I've got a list in my room who were ranked above me. After the new rankings came out, I past a lot of those people. That's what I've seen every day, the list on that wall and how many people I jumped. It really does something to me."

It seems like Kimber's needle is preparing for a major uptick, as he now has 21 reported offers with the potential of adding others during the spring. Texas A&M is still a school that's high on his list, but it will have to fight off a few other programs -- including Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama and Arkansas. Kimber visited Texas on Saturday and spoke positively about the trip. He said he plans on visiting Notre Dame, Alabama and Arkansas sometime during the spring.

The good news is that Texas A&M has kept Kimber's interest, as he's being recruited by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist and running backs coach Jay Graham. The Aggies offered Kimber on July 31, and he was in attendance for the Super Bowl party last month. "It's the way they've talked to me. I've seen their depth chart, too," Kimber said of Texas A&M. "The way they coach -- I've been to some of their games, and the way they've laid the foundation and what they've been installing in the players is something that seems like it fits me."

Kimber is ranked the nation's No. 12 cornerback and No. 182 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. He is ranked the No. 30 player from the state of Texas.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: A&M CB target Jalen Kimber talks A&M, recruiting and The Opening

Hide contents

Arlington, Texas, cornerback Jalen Kimber recently was upgraded from a 3-star to a 4-star prospect. The Mansfield Timberview High School standout might have improved his stock even more after Sunday's performance at The Opening Dallas regional. Kimber posted the highest football rating of the day -- a 125.85 -- after running the 40-yard dash in 4.47 seconds, finishing the shuttle run in four seconds flat, vertical jumping 40.8 inches and throwing the power ball 37 feet. He then competed in the "Fastest Man" 40-yard dash competition and won with a time of 4.43 seconds.

His motivation? Credit everything to those ranked above him. Kimber once was an athlete who didn't care much about rankings and stars, but once he started competing against athletes with higher ratings -- and those he felt he was better than -- he used that as his muse. "I've seen the past rankings and everybody ranked above me. I used that to motivate me," Kimber said. "I've got a list in my room who were ranked above me. After the new rankings came out, I past a lot of those people. That's what I've seen every day, the list on that wall and how many people I jumped. It really does something to me."

It seems like Kimber's needle is preparing for a major uptick, as he now has 21 reported offers with the potential of adding others during the spring. Texas A&M is still a school that's high on his list, but it will have to fight off a few other programs -- including Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama and Arkansas. Kimber visited Texas on Saturday and spoke positively about the trip. He said he plans on visiting Notre Dame, Alabama and Arkansas sometime during the spring.

The good news is that Texas A&M has kept Kimber's interest, as he's being recruited by cornerbacks coach Maurice Linguist and running backs coach Jay Graham. The Aggies offered Kimber on July 31, and he was in attendance for the Super Bowl party last month. "It's the way they've talked to me. I've seen their depth chart, too," Kimber said of Texas A&M. "The way they coach -- I've been to some of their games, and the way they've laid the foundation and what they've been installing in the players is something that seems like it fits me."

Kimber is ranked the nation's No. 12 cornerback and No. 182 player overall in the 2020 class, according to 247Sports. He is ranked the No. 30 player from the state of Texas.

Pretty sure Sayles wrote that before Wiltfong came along and got Kimber to admit his top 3 didn't include aggy.

15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Pretty sure Sayles wrote that before Wiltfong came along and got Kimber to admit his top 3 didn't include aggy.

I wouldn't be so sure. He put the top three teams in there, he just failed to mention that they were his top 3. That's close enough and it keeps the flock docile.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Between hiring an OL coach who knows the difference between a guard and a tackle and swerving away from the combustible redflagapalooza that is the Hornsby recruitment, I'm worried the aggy I know and love tolerate is changing

Don't worry. They'll course correct.  Been doing it for 100 years 

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

They might take two according to the ministry. 

4 hours ago, Fud said:

A&M is going to have a small class, maybe in the late teens. That's not usually the type of class where you see two QBs taken, and it would speak to their confident in Foster and Calzone, imo 

Fools are often wrong but never in doubt.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

How much is it going to hurt when aggy is still mediocre in 2021 and 2022?

You could substitute any year, past, present or future into those two numbers and succinctly summarize the entire aggy existence into one hypothetical question.

There inability to adequately self-assess boggles the mind.  Their misguided notion that they are a blue-blood has caused them more pain than kidney stones.