Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

Brian Perroni: 4-star Myles Slusher spends birthday at A&M, has Aggies in top group

Broken Arrow, Okla., four-star defensive back Myles Slusher is one of the top players in his state. However, the 6-foot, 181-pound junior is looking at a number of programs outside his home state as well. On Friday, Slusher spent his 17th birthday making the drive from his Tulsa-area home down to College Station for an unofficial visit to Texas A&M. "We had discussed it. I had talked to the coaches multiple times," Slusher said of his visit to Aggieland. "We have a good relationship and I had just discussed me coming down on my birthday yesterday. I came down there in the morning and then went back home after. I've been talking to coach Mo and coach Elko both."

The nation's No. 196 overall prospect per the 247Sports composite and the No. 58 player in the 247Sports rankings, Slusher was very impressed by what he saw at A&M. "I went over everything, pretty much," he said. "I got a tour of the campus, talked to the assistant director of education. I really just saw the whole school, honestly. I talked to the coaches. Talked to all of the coaches - we have a good relationship down there. I love it down there. I love it. That was my first time there. It was actually way better than I expected it to be, honestly."

Slusher is ranked as a safety but plays cornerback in high school as well. He says the Aggies, and others, are looking at him potentially for either of those spots. "They've just said DB, to honest," he said. "It's wherever I can come in and make the biggest impact." Slusher has several other unofficial visits coming up in the near future as well. "I'm going to Alabama in April," he said. "I should be at Oregon sometime at the end of March. That's not for sure yet, but Alabama is. I'm going to Missouri Apr. 13 and then I should be at LSU either in April or later on."

Though he can begin taking his official visits later this spring, Slusher plans to wait a bit to use them. "I haven't set up any officials yet," he said. "I'll take those during the season or after the season. I haven't really decided on where to yet. I'm trying to take all my unofficials and then figure out where I want to officially visit." Slusher says it is too early to name a top group but says the Aggies are in it. "Definitely Texas A&M is one of my top schools," he said. "The others, I mean, I have some top schools but nobody's really just in front of anybody right now. It's really just pretty even right now."

11 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Stupid sip, just wait till jimbo trots out his five guard offensive line. Advantage as always...……..fightin farmers.

Tragically, Henson seems to understand that tackles and guards are, in fact, different things. Luckily we still have their blind spot around safeties and corners to make fun of.

29 minutes ago, texifornia said:

D0vyHU3WkAIr7CO.jpg

Predicting kids 40 times to a thousandth of a second and saying a guy needs to be in the 4.7s to be a safety, but then also saying that same guy is just a linebacker all the way. 

Fucking lulz. This guys is absolutely ready to be a 9.95er.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

Damon Sayles: 4-star DT Branard Wright keeping A&M high on his list

Dallas 4-star defensive tackle Branard Wright participated in the Under Armour Dallas camp last Sunday. This Sunday, he'll get a chance to perform in front of the Nike reps, as he's expected to participate in The Opening Dallas regional at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. It's all a part of an offseason he said is one of the most important he's been a part of as a football player. He's focused on being better on and off the field not only for himself but for his teammates at Carter High School. "Right now, I'm just in offseason mode with my team, trying to get everyone back together," he said. "We lost 15 seniors. We're just trying to get our team stronger."

When discussing recruiting, Wright has nearly 30 offers. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound tackle was offered by Texas A&M more than a year ago, and he was one of the recruits in attendance for the Aggies' Super Bowl get-together last month. Texas A&M is a program Wright has kept relatively high in his recruiting process -- so much that he is planning on taking an official visit to College Station.

Much of his interest stems from his relationship with defensive tackles coach Elijah Robinson. "I had fun. Me and Buddy Johnson are real tight," Wright said of the Super Bowl event. "That's like my family. The Super Bowl party was fun, and we were just chilling. I went to [Johnson's] place after. I hadn't visited [A&M] in some months, so it was very important that I went." Wright said he's looking to narrow down his list of schools sometime later this spring, possibly some time next month. He said schools like Florida, Texas, Alabama, Florida State, LSU and Arkansas keep in touch with him on a daily basis.

There are those who believe Wright is an LSU lean, and he said that may stem from his close relationship with linebacker Jarell Cherry, who played at Carter. He has eight Crystal Ball predictions; all eight favor LSU. Wright, however, set the record straight and said that he's not leaning toward any school and is entertaining all options. "Cherry's like my big brother, and they think where he goes, I'll go," Wright said. "It's not official where I'm going. I'm not going to a college right now; this [Carter] is where I'm at. I haven't even thought about where I'm committing to."

Wright added: "[Cherry] just told me to take my recruitment slowly, because it can take a toll on you. He just told me to take it slow, chill out and really think about where you want to go. He's going to let me do me. He wants the best for me."

Wright said Texas A&M is a place to consider because of the atmosphere and the relationships he's seen with the coaches and players. He also likes how College Station treats him "like I'm already an Aggie." But if he ultimately chooses Texas A&M, credit Robinson for the big recruiting win. "The best thing about Texas A&M is me and Coach E are tight -- real tight," Wright said. "We always have conversations not even about football, just life. He'll talk to me about being a better person."

Wright is ranked the nation's No. 17 defensive tackle and No. 176 overall player in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 22 player from the state of Texas.

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: 4-star DT Branard Wright keeping A&M high on his list

Hide contents

Dallas 4-star defensive tackle Branard Wright participated in the Under Armour Dallas camp last Sunday. This Sunday, he'll get a chance to perform in front of the Nike reps, as he's expected to participate in The Opening Dallas regional at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. It's all a part of an offseason he said is one of the most important he's been a part of as a football player. He's focused on being better on and off the field not only for himself but for his teammates at Carter High School. "Right now, I'm just in offseason mode with my team, trying to get everyone back together," he said. "We lost 15 seniors. We're just trying to get our team stronger."

When discussing recruiting, Wright has nearly 30 offers. The 6-foot-3, 300-pound tackle was offered by Texas A&M more than a year ago, and he was one of the recruits in attendance for the Aggies' Super Bowl get-together last month. Texas A&M is a program Wright has kept relatively high in his recruiting process -- so much that he is planning on taking an official visit to College Station.

Much of his interest stems from his relationship with defensive tackles coach Elijah Robinson. "I had fun. Me and Buddy Johnson are real tight," Wright said of the Super Bowl event. "That's like my family. The Super Bowl party was fun, and we were just chilling. I went to [Johnson's] place after. I hadn't visited [A&M] in some months, so it was very important that I went." Wright said he's looking to narrow down his list of schools sometime later this spring, possibly some time next month. He said schools like Florida, Texas, Alabama, Florida State, LSU and Arkansas keep in touch with him on a daily basis.

There are those who believe Wright is an LSU lean, and he said that may stem from his close relationship with linebacker Jarell Cherry, who played at Carter. He has eight Crystal Ball predictions; all eight favor LSU. Wright, however, set the record straight and said that he's not leaning toward any school and is entertaining all options. "Cherry's like my big brother, and they think where he goes, I'll go," Wright said. "It's not official where I'm going. I'm not going to a college right now; this [Carter] is where I'm at. I haven't even thought about where I'm committing to."

Wright added: "[Cherry] just told me to take my recruitment slowly, because it can take a toll on you. He just told me to take it slow, chill out and really think about where you want to go. He's going to let me do me. He wants the best for me."

Wright said Texas A&M is a place to consider because of the atmosphere and the relationships he's seen with the coaches and players. He also likes how College Station treats him "like I'm already an Aggie." But if he ultimately chooses Texas A&M, credit Robinson for the big recruiting win. "The best thing about Texas A&M is me and Coach E are tight -- real tight," Wright said. "We always have conversations not even about football, just life. He'll talk to me about being a better person."

Wright is ranked the nation's No. 17 defensive tackle and No. 176 overall player in the 2020 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He is the No. 22 player from the state of Texas.

Isnt Wright the south Dallas DT who made a video of himself while doing drills in his front yard wearing Texas gear?

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

D0vyHU3WkAIr7CO.jpg

I do not know which is better. The completely retarded football logic or the fact that he reads and writes like my 10year old nephew. 

Calling Chris Thompson a linebacker (assuming that’s what that retardese means) is pure Daddy football logic at its finest. 

So is there any danger that A&M message boards are figuring out that the early CB picks their moderators put in on every State of Texas recruit with a pulse mean jack shit and are just intended to let them pump out bullshit stories about how the next class looks like it will be great for them?

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So is there any danger that A&M message boards are figuring out that the early CB picks their moderators put in on every State of Texas recruit with a pulse mean jack shit and are just intended to let them pump out bullshit stories about how the next class looks like it will be great for them?

No. They prefer to be told that stuff. They go crazy if they are told the truth if it is bad. They'll keep believing it every year simply because they don't want to believe that it is not true.

It reminds me of when Will Ferrell is playing with the jack in the boxes in Elf.

tenor.gif?itemid=3577201

Edited by Orange&White
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is there any chance that jimbo is starting to think that recruiting won’t be as easy as he thought and he’ll never live up to the expectations?

To be honest, I don't think there are as many $Aggy$ type of $recruits$ in this cycle as last year. I think there might be more next year. 

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is there any chance that jimbo is starting to think that recruiting won’t be as easy as he thought and he’ll never live up to the expectations?

Baggins came in with one-time advantages that he won't be able to replicate going forward.  He basically tied with LSU and Lincoln Riley and was beaten by Tom Herman.  The blind squirrel NC sales pitch won't look so great now that he has an actual track record at aggy.  The new coach smell has definitely faded and the Sugar Bowl decisively corrected the misconception that aggy was the rising program in the State of Texas.  Now it gets tougher.  Jimbo can still convince certain recruits to come to Collie $tation for $pecific reason$.  But that's not enough to win the recruiting battle with Texas.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Baggins came in with one-time advantages that he won't be able to replicate going forward.  He basically tied with LSU and Lincoln Riley and was beaten by Tom Herman.  The blind squirrel NC sales pitch won't look so great now that he has an actual track record at aggy.  The new coach smell has definitely faded and the Sugar Bowl decisively corrected the misconception that aggy was the rising program in the State of Texas.  Now it gets tougher.  Jimbo can still convince certain recruits to come to Collie $tation for $pecific reason$.  But that's not enough to win the recruiting battle with Texas.

Towards the end of his tenure at FSU, Jimbo had pretty much conceded certain position groups and areas of Florida to Clemson, Georgia and Bama. Hell, even Mark Richt was making life hard on Jimbo. Dabo was knocking his dick in the dirt in the Tampa Bay area. 

Edited by TBGFL

Jimbo's schedule this coming season will do him no favors either. Or the fact that they have nothing in their QB room to speak of moving forward. When aggy drops 5 games this year, and Texas has a strong season, things will get pretty difficult for Jimbo and Co.™ He is a good enough recruiter to get a few bought and paid studs every now and then, but aggy's hopes of being the swinging dick in Texas are definitely not in the cards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Jimbo's schedule this coming season will do him no favors either. Or the fact that they have nothing in their QB room to speak of moving forward. When aggy drops 5 games this year, and Texas has a strong season, things will get pretty difficult for Jimbo and Co.™ He is a good enough recruiter to get a few bought and paid studs every now and then, but aggy's hopes of being the swinging dick in Texas are definitely not in the cards. 

Calzada's a spare, but Foster was actually a highly-touted recruit.

Edited by texifornia

33 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Yeah, but he gets to keep the $75M regardless.

"Don't matter, got jimbo paid."

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Calzada's a spare, but Foster was actually a highly-touted recruit.

Bama and Auburn passed on him and he was an in-state kid, and LSU decided to pass on him. He was a raw high upside QB prospect, like Calzada and Hornsby. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Follow up question:  how long before jimbo gets tired head and throttles way back on effort and coasts until aggy fires him or his contract ends?

I’d imagine after their massive 2020 natty campaign falls flat and he realizes they’re never getting out of the west.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Follow up question:  how long before jimbo gets tired head and throttles way back on effort and coasts until aggy fires him or his contract ends?

Personally, I don't think he will. He's obsessed with emulating Nick Saban but hasn't realized yet that he isn't Nick Saban.

2 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Personally, I don't think he will. He's obsessed with emulating Nick Saban but hasn't realized yet that he isn't Nick Saban.

Uhhhhh did you not see the effort he gave at the end with FSU? Aggy took a big gamble that doesn’t happen again. That program completely rotted from the inside under Jimbo.

16 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Uhhhhh did you not see the effort he gave at the end with FSU? Aggy took a big gamble that doesn’t happen again. That program completely rotted from the inside under Jimbo.

So from the outside you can't smell it.  From the inside you're in denial?