Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I really can’t tell if you are truly this unbelievably stupid and sad or if you are simply trying to be provocative. surely you don’t believe this.

12.thumb.png.60197630e864b47fe6c448b708c162a4.png

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I really can’t tell if you are truly this unbelievably stupid and sad or if you are simply trying to be provocative. surely you don’t believe this.

You let a troll do this to you? Why did you let a troll do this to you? I don’t get it 

54 minutes ago, futureman said:

gotta think jaylon is gone after June 1st

Extending him after a fluke season before making him prove it again was so silly. He still had one year left on his rookie deal. They would have saw how much he regressed and how bad he really was and could have already moved on.

To the safety we just signed, I know he played for Quinn in Atlanta. No idea how good he is.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Extending him after a fluke season before making him prove it again was so silly. He still had one year left on his rookie deal. They would have saw how much he regressed and how bad he really was and could have already moved on.

To the safety we just signed, I know he played for Quinn in Atlanta. No idea how good he is.

There weren’t very many people mad about extending him at the time. That’s the thing. It’s easy to say all of this in hindsight, but at the time it was a team friendly deal for what you thought he was trending towards. People around the league were talking about how it was a really smart deal for the cowboys. Hard to envision that he would regress that badly. 

making judgements on LVE is difficult. the neck and the collarbone really fucked shit up the last couple years but he was better as a rookie than jaylon ever was. fucking all-pro as a rookie. if he is feeling good he can be an elite player at his position. who knows if he ever feels good again though. 

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

making judgements on LVE is difficult. the neck and the collarbone really fucked shit up the last couple years but he was better as a rookie than jaylon ever was. fucking all-pro as a rookie. if he is feeling good he can be an elite player at his position. who knows if he ever feels good again though. 

I agree and it’s why I’d see if we can sign him for dirt cheap. I think a healthy, motivated LVE is still a pro bowl caliber LB in the right system. 

The whole "fits our scheme" our front office loves to throw around is hilarious. Talented players fit any scheme. Make a scheme around that talent. Assemble the best talent you can. Fuck the rest. This was their reasoning picking Taco over TJ Watt. That Watt did not fit their system.

6 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

CB from VT had back surgery today.  Nothing major but that bit of uncertainty may be enough to make Surtain the #1 corner on a lot of boards.

He was number 1 for me even before the injury to Farley and the pro day. Today solidified him as number one defensive prospect in the draft IMO

46 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Surtain is definitely the #1 CB prospect.

Slater the OT is the only other guy that interests me at 10.

Pretty much this, although I wouldn’t hate the idea of drafting Kyle Pitts. I kinda just hope someone besides Philly takes him before we pick so we don’t have to be tempted though. 

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

They need to take a defensive player, so I'm sure it will be an OL or WR.

The dream scenario would’ve been Surtain in the first and Cosmi in the 2nd, but Cosmi probably worked his way into the first round after his pro day numbers. We definitely need a tackle, so nobody should be mad if Slater is the pick in the first round. 

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They don't sign good free agents or use early draft picks on defense.  The defense is never going to get better with that approach.  A unit full of jags is always going to under perform.

I don’t disagree with you necessarily, but before his pro day it was pretty unanimous that slater was a better overall prospect than Surtain. If you were taking BPA approach at a position of need, slater would be the better prospect. Not sure if that holds up after surtain’s pro day though. He’s a better athlete than most people thought 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The dream scenario would’ve been Surtain in the first and Cosmi in the 2nd, but Cosmi probably worked his way into the first round after his pro day numbers. We definitely need a tackle, so nobody should be mad if Slater is the pick in the first round. 

I am still holding out hope for Ossai in the second..would definitely buy that jersey

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

trade down into the second half of the 1st for an extra 2 and then grab ossai or cosmi with your 1. 

you’re welcome.