Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m not the one willing to bet his life savings on the cowboys winning the division. you and drew should be committed. 

I really can’t tell if you are truly this unbelievably stupid and sad or if you are simply trying to be provocative. surely you don’t believe this.

2 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Probably Troy Aikman because I’m relatively young (32) and he’s constantly broadcasting 

It would be Troy, Emmitt or Irvin for me. I am 36 so the triplets is what I grew up with. A little young to fully appreciate how hard it is to win a Super Bowl.

18 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I certainly wasn't impressed enough with him to think he could still start in this league.  

He could start on a terrible team but that is about it. Good to have as a backup but will be expensive. I did not see a difference in Garrett Gilbert and Dalton. They are one in the same. Dalton had everything in front of him to win a shit ass division where a 7-9 team won it and he folded. I always thought he only signed in Dallas in the hopes of just staying here one year and then trying to get a starting gig for the 2021 season. Not sure how GM's viewed his play this past season, which was an audition to try and become a starter. He didn't do terrible but his good win (Vikings) were cancelled out by other bad losses.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I certainly wasn't impressed enough with him to think he could still start in this league.  

Bridge QB for a rookie draftee.  He could get one last payday.  Maybe something like Cam got or 2/25 which is more like a 1 year/10m.  Someone is going to lose the QB musical chair game and be forced to get a Fitz, Dalton or the like while they draft a Mac Jones or Kyle Trask.  Is that going to be Washington?  Chicago?  Cincy if Burrow isn't all the way back?  Then again, maybe he loses that game too and comes back on a reasonable deal.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

He could start on a terrible team but that is about it. Good to have as a backup but will be expensive. I did not see a difference in Garrett Gilbert and Dalton. They are one in the same. Dalton had everything in front of him to win a shit ass division where a 7-9 team won it and he folded. I always thought he only signed in Dallas in the hopes of just staying here one year and then trying to get a starting gig for the 2021 season. Not sure how GM's viewed his play this past season, which was an audition to try and become a starter. He didn't do terrible but his good win (Vikings) were cancelled out by other bad losses.

I'd like to have seen more Gilbert after that PIT start, but yeah I would probably roll with him instead of an expensive backup like Dalton.  Neither Dalton or Gilbert would save the season if Dak were out an extended period of time.

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I tend to agree with y’all and I think you’re going to get your wish

if he still wants to play, I’d be looking pretty hard at Alex smith or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Both are the perfect backups IMO. 

48 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fitzpatrick signs a 1 year deal with Washington.

Are they ever going to find a long term QB??

I read rumblings that Dalton could be headed to Chicago.

I bet they trade up and draft a guy even with fitz and heinike. They made this move because they know they’ve entered a winning window where they can’t wait around for a qb to learn on the job. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On 3/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Lance Rentzel.  He always gave Dallas the most exposure.

That guy was so messed up. Married to Joey Heatherton and exposing himself to kids. 

spacer.png

I read the book he wrote, and aside from his crimes, the creepiest part was the hazing he talked about at Oklahoma. 

The freshmen had to get naked and bear crawl across a gym with grapes in their butts. Anyone who dropped their grape had to eat it, and the last person had to eat all the grapes. This was under "legendary" Oklahoma coach Bud Wilkinson. That was the post WWII era, and it was expected that you would follow orders from your coach/boss/DI without question. That was one of the reasons I never was much of a joiner. There were too many people that expected you to degrade yourself to be part of the club. Some of the stuff that went on during that era would land people in jail today (Junction Boys, for example.)

Rentzel went nuttier than most, but he was a super high achiever that cracked up and blew a gasket. There are serious hazards to following authority without questioning it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Cowboys have signed a long snapper and a guy that thinks he's Patrick Mahomes.

Seems like a Super Bowl to me

Zeke, Jaylon Smith, LVE, Dlaw, Dak. Jerry is the king of roster building.

Insightful commentary.   Should be post of the year, nay, the decade.   Would read again.  

11 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I know the score when it comes to FA with Jerry but man I'm disappointed we didn't sign Dalvin Tomlinson for that price.  

I'd expect we still aren't going to be able to stop the run

They’re gonna say some bullshit like they don’t want to stunt the growth of Trysten Hill and Galimore, when the reality is you should have more of those guys to rotate.

I love this strategy. Let all the talented players get snatched up and we wait for the dumpster diving to begin. This appeases them and the fans who think every single player in history is overpriced and don't you dare spend any money in free agency. It would be one thing if we drafted well (mainly on defense) but we don't. Free agency can fill voids quick and you don't have to wait some years for them to develop. They are ready now. But hey, this front office knows exactly what they are doing.....