Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I guess we’re at that point in the draft, Dallas picks Fehoko and the NFL Network couldn’t give a fuck, threw to commercial. Well, couldn’t give a fuck about Dallas, LeRoy Butler is on announcing GB picks every five seconds.

They talked about Fehoko on ABC -- big WR, ran a fast 40 recently, high yds/catch stat in 2020 season.  Too many drops, needs route running work, and not a quick guy so speed shows up on longer routes.  Probably a weapon in the red zone because of size and appears to handle physical DBs well due to strength.

Fehoko.  Big and fast.  Pretty damn good athlete for this stage of the draft.  Inconsistent Hands has been the criticism.  Will drop the easy ones....

To get at top 10% athlete in the 5th over the last 15 years is pretty good.  Major program guy from P5 conference.

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The homer in me is dying for the Cowboys to take Ehlinger in the 7th

Can he play defense and special teams??

Do laundry and clean cleats??

Do video editing and cut-ups??

Mow the practice fields??

If so, might consider drafting Sam... 😋

With Cowboys late 6th and early 7th Rd picks, hopefully they can find some more defensive help.

Maybe a safety, and possibly additional DL help -- wouldn't mind another pass rusher either

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

With Cowboys late 6th and early 7th Rd picks, hopefully they can find some help more defensive help.

Maybe a safety, and possibly additional DL help -- wouldn't mind another pass rusher either

Just take someone that could make a roster and contribute.  At this stage, you see a lot of backup OL, RBs, secondary, and TEs who can make a roster, provide depth, and play ST. How about the kid out of Kansas?  3rd down scatback and maybe return guy.  We actually need to develop a RB as we can hope this is Elliott's last year on the roster (probably penultimate).

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

I mean honestly what about him has anything to do with poona. seriously. they are both black defensive tackles. beyond that, no similarity. 

i'm not worried about what color he is.  thick, run stuffer, good teammate, team captain, long arms,  good motor, just a lot taller. but whatever.  I'm still not sure why you care.

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

i'm not worried about what color he is.  thick, run stuffer, good teammate, team captain, long arms,  good motor, just a lot taller. but whatever.  I'm still not sure why you care.

why does anyone care about anything anyone posts? I thought it was an odd comment. they are about as far apart as players as any two DTs can be. 

Edited by futureman

Quinton Bohanna had a feeling the Cowboys would draft him. Every time Dallas came up on the television, he hoped that was the time. He was finally right in the sixth round. "They were the first team I talked to the owner," he said. "I talked to Mr. Jerry Jones and when he knew me and knew who I was and telling me my name I was shocked. I knew they just had a lot of interest. The best conversation I had in the draft process was with Coach McCarthy, Coach Quinn and Coach Jerry

Hilarious...wonder what Coach Stephen had to say.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

why does anyone care about anything anyone posts? I thought it was an odd comment. they are about as far apart as players as any two DTs can be. 

I agree.  you commenting on who the Cowboys are drafting and what other people are saying about who they are drafting is odd as well...since there is no way they can win regardless of who they draft.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Just take someone that could make a roster and contribute.  At this stage, you see a lot of backup OL, RBs, secondary, and TEs who can make a roster, provide depth, and play ST. How about the kid out of Kansas?  3rd down scatback and maybe return guy.  We actually need to develop a RB as we can hope this is Elliott's last year on the roster (probably penultimate).

Agree that hopefully they select players that makes a roster spot, or end up on practice squad to provide depth.

So you're right about prioritizing that with these final two Cowboy draft picks

Round 4 projection...  Hopefully healthy now

Israel Mukuamu (pronounced moo-KWAW-moo) moved from South Carolina to Louisiana before his senior year of high school. He was at Parkway High School for only one semester, though, before enrolling at South Carolina in January 2018. Mukuamu was rated among the top safeties nationally, but coaches put him at cornerback to take advantage of his length and athleticism. He started two of 13 games played as a true freshman (17 tackles, two for loss, one interception). Mukuamu made national headlines with his performance against Georgia in 2019, posting 11 tackles and intercepting three passes in the Gamecocks' upset win over the Bulldogs. He led the team with four interceptions on the year, also posting 59 stops, two for loss, and nine pass breakups in 12 starts (one at safety). Mukuamu joined fellow secondary member Jaycee Horn in opting out of the remainder of the 2020 season shortly after head coach Will Muschamp was fired in November. He struggled with a groin injury throughout the year but started five of six games played (10 tackles, two interceptions) at cornerback and safety. -- by Chad Reuter

Edited by LTtxfan

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Selected Matt Farniok.  Played OT at Nebraska but considered better at guard at this level.  As you can see, he's an extremely good athlete for the position but needs technique work.  Developmental guard with major athleticism.  Meh.  Cool.  I have no idea about this guy.

connor better look out

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Selected Matt Farniok.  Played OT at Nebraska but considered better at guard at this level.  As you can see, he's an extremely good athlete for the position but needs technique work.  Developmental guard with major athleticism.  Meh.  Cool.  I have no idea about this guy.

Ok 7th Rd pick with position flexibility -- but may not make roster.  Maybe practice squad guy???

NFL.com Draft Projection -- Priority free agent

MATT FARNIOK    NEBRASKA    GUARD

Player Bio  The Farniok brothers are following in the footsteps of their father, Brad, who suited up at St. Cloud State. Matt's older brothers, Derek (Oklahoma) and Tom (Iowa State) played football in the Big 12. His younger brother, Will, joined him in Lincoln a couple of years ago. Matt was a Parade All-American and South Dakota's Gatorade Player of the Year in 2015. As a redshirt freshman two years later, he started four of seven contests played, two at right guard and two at right tackle. He was the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year in 2019 after starting all 12 games at right tackle for the second straight season. Matt was named honorable mention All-Big Ten by league coaches in 2020, starting all eight games -- one at center and seven at right guard. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview  Farniok has three-position flexibility but will likely play guard or center as a pro. He has a long frame with decent proportions and can fit gap and zone schemes. There's room for continued growth as a run blocker but his pass protection is below average. He has a shot to earn a role as a backup interior offensive lineman.

Strengths

• Two-time team captain.
  • Has experience at tackle, guard and center.
  • Impressive short-area quickness testing.
  • Adequate wingspan and strength.
  • Patient not to rush the fit into double teams.
  • Runs feet through contact.
  • Has enough quickness to get to his second-level target.
  • Can drop a quick pass anchor.

Weaknesses

• Lands high on double teams, allowing defender to slip through.
  • Needs better hip-to-hip action with his teammate.
  • Lands with some pop but doesn't sustain with hand control.
  • Defenders play under his pads.
  • Straight-line mover who misses moving targets.
  • Mirror fails him.
  • Slightly below-average body control in pass sets.
  • Allows too much heat to get to his edge.