Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

I know I’m in the minority here based off last years thread, but I like Mike McCarthy. I want to give him this year to see how he coaches and how the team responds to him. I have listened to his pressers this off season, and from watching him and his interactions with the team and coaches on hard knocks, I like his style and coaching. I’m rooting for him, but let’s see.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:29 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

As I said when training camp began, Dallas has one of the worst, if not the worst, backup QB situations in the league and with a QB1 who's coming off a serious ankle and now with a shoulder injury, it's just terrible planning to have such a shit show behind Dak.  We need to be scouring the waiver wire after next weekend.

Last year they had maybe the best backup QB situation and what did it get them?

7 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

So then why does Atlanta's only say "NFC Championship"? Whoever made that is definitely regarded.

Yeah it's dumb.  Plus the cowboys have had two 13-3 seasons, not that their lack of success isn't pathetic.  And was the Minnesota miracle a wild card game?  Either way they didn't win the NFC that year so dressing it up as anything other than a playoff win is dumb.  

Yeah it's dumb.  Plus the cowboys have had two 13-3 seasons, not that their lack of success isn't pathetic.  And was the Minnesota miracle a wild card game?  Either way they didn't win the NFC that year so dressing it up as anything other than a playoff win is dumb.  
Nope the Minnesota game was a divisional round game. Against the Saints. Then they got butt fucked by the Eagles in the NFC championship game.

So then why does Atlanta's only say "NFC Championship"? Whoever made that is definitely regarded.
I have no clue. Maybe because they blew it so bad they don't want to remember it? They dominated GB in the NFC championship game. I always wonder how Dallas would have fared against Atlanta in the NFC championship game at home.

1 hour ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah they are clearly purposely throwing shade at Shanahan's choke job.

Still surprising that only 4 teams have not won the NFC in the last 20.

Id imagine the AFC rendition would have auch larger loser contingent.

AFC the last 20 years has been Brady, Ben R and Manning. I think last year was the first in that span that one of those 3 did not make the AFC championship game. Plenty of times that game was between 2 of those 3. You'd think Dallas could have dicked their way to the NFC title game at least once. Hell the Cardinals have made it twice and a Super Bowl in that span. The fucking Cardinals lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Last year they had maybe the best backup QB situation and what did it get them?

Into the last week with a shot at the playoffs???  Dalton was 45% winning percentage along with coming from behind in the game Dak went down so basically .500.  Unless you're developing a QB who was highly picked, this is about all you can ask from your backup playing for 10 games.  Cooper Rush gonna get you 2-8 probably in those 10.  Having a, let's say, solid backup situation is simply supposed to get you around .400 for a 4-5 game stretch.  Having Dak go down for the season again, then what's our plan?  We're not developing anyone.  We don't have any who can win games at even a 33% clip, so it's just a dead and wasted season.  If you're going to with jags then maybe draft a QB in the later rounds trying to develop him (to trade like the Pats)..... DiNucci ain't that guy.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

AFC the last 20 years has been Brady, Ben R and Manning. I think last year was the first in that span that one of those 3 did not make the AFC championship game. Plenty of times that game was between 2 of those 3. You'd think Dallas could have dicked their way to the NFC title game at least once. Hell the Cardinals have made it twice and a Super Bowl in that span. The fucking Cardinals lol

From 2001-2018 the only year that didn't feature one of those 3 was 2002 which was Rich Gannon vs Steve McNair.

If you include Patrick Mahomes in the list the trend holds true through 2020 but both 2019 and 2020 didn't feature Brady as in 2020 he was in the NFC and in 2019 the Patriots got eliminated by the Titans in the wildcard ending their run of 8 straight AFC games.

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2021 at 9:18 AM, Landomatic said:

They're both right. He's not 100% and won't be until he gets surgery, which he won't get until next offseason. So, they'll protect him the best they can while limping him through this season.

dak is going to very predictably suck horribly on the field and the cowboys are drumming up this shoulder bullshit to have a built-in excuse for the huge embarrassing failure of their massive, foolish investment. 

Flacco too.somehow
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

dak is going to very predictably suck horribly on the field and the cowboys are drumming up this shoulder bullshit to have a built-in excuse for the huge embarrassing failure of their massive, foolish investment. 

dak ain't gonna play dude.  better get the fisting oil ready.

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 3:24 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Into the last week with a shot at the playoffs???  Dalton was 45% winning percentage along with coming from behind in the game Dak went down so basically .500.  Unless you're developing a QB who was highly picked, this is about all you can ask from your backup playing for 10 games.  Cooper Rush gonna get you 2-8 probably in those 10.  Having a, let's say, solid backup situation is simply supposed to get you around .400 for a 4-5 game stretch.  Having Dak go down for the season again, then what's our plan?  We're not developing anyone.  We don't have any who can win games at even a 33% clip, so it's just a dead and wasted season.  If you're going to with jags then maybe draft a QB in the later rounds trying to develop him (to trade like the Pats)..... DiNucci ain't that guy.

Same as it should have last season. Get a top 5 pick in each round and improve the talent on the team. The Nick Foles thing is an anomaly. Pretty much any team gets their starter out for 25+ percent of the season they're not doing jack shit. 75 percent like last year? It's a lost cause no matter who you are. I wouldn't sink money into that backup position because no backup in the league you pay will win you games. Even the best backup can just not lose you a game or two and it's up to the defense to get the win. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Fecals.  Derp Turdstreak. DooDookie. 

I’ve had it man; you’re top 5 worst poster. You, Drew, Greenspoint, and 2 others to be named at a time of my choosing. 

In the meantime, stop being a fucking dork. 

I want to endorse this but also can't stop laughing at derp turdstreak

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Same as it should have last season. Get a top 5 pick in each round and improve the talent on the team. The Nick Foles thing is an anomaly. Pretty much any team gets their starter out for 25+ percent of the season they're not doing jack shit. 75 percent like last year? It's a lost cause no matter who you are. I wouldn't sink money into that backup position because no backup in the league you pay will win you games. Even the best backup can just not lose you a game or two and it's up to the defense to get the win. 

That's the thing..... you don't even have to sink much money to improve this situation.  Our backups suck shit.  They should be selling tires in Tulsa.  Nobody is advocating going out and trading for Nick Foles or Jimmy G.  Simply evaluate the waiver wire or if anyone wants to make a trade because of numbers to improve a poor position on the football team.  You can get guys at or near vet minimums.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:51 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Freaking sick of Aaron Rodgers. He has a lot to do with the cowboys not making it to the NFC title game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Freaking sick of Aaron Rodgers. He has a lot to do with the cowboys not making it to the NFC title game. 

Jason Garrett also had a lot to do with Dallas not getting there. And the front office for the design of this shit defense, which let us down in both those games against Green Bay. Add that game against the Rams as well a few years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jason Garrett also had a lot to do with Dallas not getting there. And the front office for the design of this shit defense, which let us down in both those games against Green Bay. Add that game against the Rams as well a few years ago.

Garrett was terrible. I would’ve canned him in 2014 or earlier, but he was jerrahs hand picked stooge and jerrah stuck with him way too long because he wanted to be “right”.

mr. conservative is never going to win a super bowl because he doesn’t have any balls.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

So beyond the debate around if we should have made this trade which is peanuts in NFL and people bellyaching about the whole impossibility of improving a shitty positional group, there is now a possibility of Nick Mullens getting cut (if he's not traded).  He's nothing special at all, but better than what we got, so maybe that's a way to look.  FWIW, Dak has looked good the past couple of days so hopefully we never have to play our backups except to run the V alignment.

Minshew is 850k this year and under contract for next year too.....

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

great. another quarterback in the division better than dak. what an absolutely dismal future on the horizon for america’s team. 

well yeah.  he has 2 working shoulders...

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Garrett was terrible. I would’ve canned him in 2014 or earlier, but he was jerrahs hand picked stooge and jerrah stuck with him way too long because he wanted to be “right”.

mr. conservative is never going to win a super bowl because he doesn’t have any balls.

I would have fired him after 2013. That was 3 straight years where we underperformed, got to the last week of the season to win the NFC east and lost them all. And so many coaching blunders in those years. But if not then, then for sure after 2015 where we lose Romo and then lose 10 or 11 straight and go into the toilet. They literally ran the same offense Romo ran for the backups. They had zero plan on what to do when Romo went down.