2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Everybody ready for tonight's card??

The top four fights are a pair of chick fights, a Ghost of Clay Guida fight, and a +800 underdog fight.

I'm not sure free is a good enough deal for this.  I might need twenty bucks to turn it on.

Edited by TexArcher

Heavyweight is starting to take shape again, with a summer London event likely headlining Aspinal and a summer Paris event likely headlining Gane both rumored, and Jones vs Miocic potentially happening in September

Aspinal seems likely to fight Blaydes, and Gane seems likely to fight Tuivasa

They could potentially do London in July, France in August, and then Jones/Stipe in September to get this division back moving

Also, some interesting fights on the schedule, with in general the first fighter mentioned in being the reason I'm excited

4/30- Alexandr Romanov vs Chase Sherman

5/7- Khaos Williams vs Randy Brown

5/21- Michel Pereira vs Santiago Ponzinibbio
5/21- Chidi Njokuani vs Dusko Todorovic

6/11- Jiri Prochazka vs Glover Texeira
6/11- Brendan Allen vs Jacob Malkoun

6/18- Guram Kutateladze vs Damir Ismagulav

6/25- Shavkat Rakmonov vs Neil Magny

7/9- Said Nurmagomedov vs D Silva de Andade
7/9- Caio Borralho vs Armen Petrosyan

7/16- Askar Askarov vs Alex Perez
7/16- Da Un Jung vs Dustin Jacoby

7/23- Muhammad Mokaev vs Charles Johnson

7/30- Alex Pereira vs Sean Strickland

Austin is getting a fight night this summer, presumably with Black Beast vs Sergei Pavlovich

3 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

Gane vs. Tuivasa seems shitty. Taller/longer "striker" vs. shorter/shorter "puncher". Will play into Gane's hands. 

None of the guys at the very top are great matchups for Tui. Most would just wrestlefuck him, and Gane will just snipe him 

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So, one judge had it 30-27 for Collier and the other two judges had it 29-28 for Arlovski.

I mean, sure.

Sal Dimato or whatever it's always a thing. Even in Vegas with the most experienced MMA judges in the world lol it's always a fucking problem going to the judges.

48 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Meanwhile Vera looks like he just got back from the spa. 

It's the microdosing

Gets you to another level

Plus all those punches from Font he was rolling with or partially blocking with the guard. Chin down, taking em on the top of the head. Meanwhile delivering front kicks to the chin and cheek of Font. Sweet fight. 

I love when MMA is about a mix of two stand up styles and neither is really looking to wrestlefuck.

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

9-10 font

10-9 Cheeto

10-9 Cheeto

10-8 Cheeto

10-9 Cheeto

Jesus I can't tell if that's extreme ignorance or extreme racism

It's Chito. Common Latin American nickname. He's didn't take on the name of a fucking American snack you dummy. 

11 hours ago, Zeus said:

I love when MMA is about a mix of two stand up styles and neither is really looking to wrestlefuck.

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Jesus I can't tell if that's extreme ignorance or extreme racism

It's Chito. Common Latin American nickname. He's didn't take on the name of a fucking American snack you dummy. 

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Take your meds

I really like Ferguson and I really don't like Chandler (I won't miss his fights, but he seems like a real doucher).  So, I hope Tony rips his arm off and beats him with his own arm.

I like both guys in the main event and I'd like to watch them do a best of 7.  Everybody seems to think it's Oliveria by sub or Justin by KO, but I think the most likely outcome might be Oliveira by decision.  But we'll see.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1