2021 Texas Softball

Machinator

1 minute ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Dude just said it’s the last team that won. Which would be Oregon. 

Just saw it’s H2H if a game 7 can’t play. We better play. Losing a home regional by not getting in a game 7 would be bullshit 

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Guess they should just forfeit 

Didn't say that but if they find a way to beat Oregon they are just going to get beat by Oklahoma State. Sure it is better to lose in a super than a regional but this team just doesn't have any "it" factor whatsoever. 

For starters I think they would be better off seeing if a fan wants to play RF for game 7 because it would probably be an upgrade. 

Edited by chase25

6 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Didn't say that but if they find a way to beat Oregon they are just going to get beat by Oklahoma State. Sure it is better to lose in a super than a regional but this team just doesn't have any "it" factor whatsoever. 

For starters I think they would be better off seeing if a fan wants to play RF for game 7 because it would probably be an upgrade. 

The "it" this team had opted not to play this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

The "it" this team had opted not to play this year. 

Yeah you'd think that would be something to rally around, not go 1-9 against teams that hosted this year. Is it reasonable to expect them to get better after losing Miranda? No, but to look as apathetic as they have looked down the stretch is pretty pitiful.

I'll be here watching hoping they pull it out but when they have been in these situations this year against the best in softball this year they seem to falter. 

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Yeah you'd think that would be something to rally around, not go 1-9 against teams that hosted this year. Is it reasonable to expect them to get better after losing Miranda? No, but to look as apathetic as they have looked down the stretch is pretty pitiful.

I'll be here watching hoping they pull it out but when they have been in these situations this year against the best in softball this year they seem to falter. 

Maybe she was the "glue" that kept the UO and "native" players together.  I haven't seen any allusions to problems there, but there were bound to be.

Just now, chase25 said:

Problems are more than not having Miranda. 

Really disappointed in how poorly this team approaches their AB's against better teams.  Base running has been terrible in several games.  Fielding is horrible.  Not sure what type of players White wants on his roster, but this team is slow and not very athletic.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Speaking of which, upthread there's a tweet mentioning her as a "grad."  Also Ari Adams.  Did they finish school?

I checked her Twitter & Insta after that post, not a single mention of UT anywhere. If she finished remotely or something, she sure didn't boast about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I checked her Twitter & Insta after that post, not a single mention of UT anywhere. If she finished remotely or something, she sure didn't boast about it. 

She liked the Texas tweet mentioning the grads and that was it. Hardly any mention of anything about Texas this year on any socials which leads me to believe that the breakup may not have been so cordial. Which to my point above you'd think we'd be something for these girls to rally around.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Although I'm annoyed that she left the team, ditching the free education part is really the worst of it.  Although I guess it's possible she's already graduated.  Female athletes seem to play school pretty well, but the transfer probably goobered that up some.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Although I'm annoyed that she left the team, ditching the free education part is really the worst of it.  Although I guess it's possible she's already graduated.  Female athletes seem to play school pretty well, but the transfer probably goobered that up some.