Celtics vs 76ers

Machinator

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

They are the Celtics. And yes, I have them beating the Cavs. Don’t you? The C’s have been the East’s best team in these playoffs by far. The Pacers outscored the Cavs by 40 points in round one. I’ll take Brad Stevens and his crew vs T Lue and his crew.

I have the Cavs getting to the Finals until I see some team beat Lebron. He's been there every year since 2011. Seemingly every year lately, we hear this will be the year someone knocks them off. And they continue to prove people wrong. They went into Toronto and took 2 from them. Is that team better than the Sixers? I'd say so.

Right now, I'd pick the Cavs in 6 over the Celtics. Milwaukee and Philly do not have anyone close to Lebron. 

The mental mistakes in the final 1-2 minutes of both the 4th and OT were just inexcusable. As I said the other day, I guess this is what "It's just the playoffs" means. Whole series is like a well coached 12 seed schooling an undeservedly cocky 5 seed. One of those deals where in hindsight they're obviously better but can't blame Vegas etc for favoring the Sixers at first.

19 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Dickhead Ainge deserves a ton of credit for building a pretty damn good roster.

If they get to the Finals, I wonder if he rethinks continuing to spend all that money on Irving and Heyward. Rozier, Brown and Tatum are a great nucleus.

They aren’t a title contender with Rozier, Brown, and Tatum. They are a title contender with Irving and Heyward

22 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

They aren’t a title contender with Rozier, Brown, and Tatum. They are a title contender with Irving and Heyward

no but they can use any combo of those guys to get an even better player

32 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wow. I thought Philly would roll Boston

Listening to Simmons’ playoff preview podcast with Ryen Russillo and they both agreed that Philly just had too much talent for this depleted Boston team. “At some point talent just wins out and I think that Philly just has too much talent.” In fact both agreed that Philly should roll Boston. Again, absolutely nobody saw this coming. Boston has just turned it on, down to a man, and it’s super impressive to watch.

On 4/30/2018 at 3:53 AM, BigOrange1 said:

the sixers aren't milwaukee.  i can't see this depleted celtics team beating them.

On 5/1/2018 at 2:24 PM, aggie08 said:

So they should go ahead and call the series right now?

How bout now?

Why wait for offseason, it will be fascinating to see how the Celtics respond in the next series (or two). It's staggering how easy they are dispatching the Sixers, but LeBron and/or Warriors are a far different measuring stick. Really wonder if coaching and effort can keep carrying them.

11 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why? Heyward and Irving are both all stars and you would have to give up too much to get anyone that’s a real upgrade imo.

If you can get Anthony Davis you do it w/out hesitation.  Not saying they have to trade either of them but they should at least explore what they can get for them.  

Gordon Heyward is a pretty badass all around player who should only uplift the C’s even more. The Jazz added some crucial pieces and got injured players back healthy again. They thrived this year as a defensive-minded, well-coached team. Nothing about losing Heyward made either of those teams better, other than the added experience and play time for their young guys, particularly Tatum.

I think we can all rest assured that there is no way Brad Stevens is going to let his boy Heyward be traded. He is going to fit right in and be awesome.

Are we sure this isn't a championship caliber team next year:
Kyrie Irving
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Heyward
Jason Tatum
Al Horford

Plus whatever else they can get for Smart, Rozier, etc?

Heck, I'm not ready to count them out THIS year.

2 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I think we can all rest assured that there is no way Brad Stevens is going to let his boy Heyward be traded. He is going to fit right in and be awesome.

Are we sure this isn't a championship caliber team next year:
Kyrie Irving
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Heyward
Jason Tatum
Al Horford

Plus whatever else they can get for Smart, Rozier, etc?

Heck, I'm not ready to count them out THIS year.

In the East without Lebron, that's your Eastern Conference Champion if all the other teams stay static..... but they won't.  Philly will add someone.  Raptors probably tweak or may blow it up.  Bucks will shift around some deck chairs.  Can Indy add another piece?  I'm working under the assumption Lebron leaves Cleveland.  The East sucks.... it has for the vast majority of 20 years so it should be the Boston's or Philly's for the taking if Lebron goes west..... Of course, KI's knee condition is worrisome.

7 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe Lebron hates Kyrie and out of spite goes to Boston in a sign and trade that sends Kyrie back to Cleveland?  

hahahahahaahaha, this thought crossed my mind for a minute.   That would be hilarious

Has Philly been favored in every game this series? They're -6.5 tonight after being -9 on Saturday. Just devastating. I know it's easy to think "Eh, they're young, they'll be back" but this is going to be a tough one to absorb.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Has Philly been favored in every game this series? They're -6.5 tonight after being -9 on Saturday. Just devastating. I know it's easy to think "Eh, they're young, they'll be back" but this is going to be a tough one to absorb.

Yes, and Philly was favored before Game 3 not only by -9, but to win the series as well.

43 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This fire should would have been great a week ago, Philly.

If Ben Simmons doesn’t put up that idiotic shot with 18 seconds to go in game three and instead finds Redick or Belinelli then we’re almoat surely tied 2-2. Razor thin margins.

20 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Philly seems kind of soft and with Boston's main guys locked in for the next 3 years, it's easy to see them and GS dominate their conferences - barring injury of course. 

Philly beat Boston to hell inside tonight.  They were very physical and were 53-43 on the boards including a 10 OReb advantage.  44 and 21 from Embiid and Saric and Embiid didn't shoot well.  Phllly has figured out how to attack Boston but it's probably too late.

The joy of the nba is watching a team like philly grow before your eyes and to be excited about watching them next season when they will be on the doorstep of the conference championship and the following year when they could be the favorite (as long as lebron isn’t in the east).

Thats a shitty view from an okc fan’s standpoint. Okc is going the exact opposite direction and there isn’t a damn thing that is going to change the 4 year slide into complete irrelevance (we’ll at least make the playoffs for 3-4 years). Then we’ll be stuck with a “past his prime” Russ who will either ring chase and put okc out of their misery or he will ask for the same loyalty that he gave to okc and he will prolong the death by another 4-5 years. 

Edited by Jhawk