2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

18 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

10 runs on 16 hits and not a single one went over the fence. Not something you see out of the Astros too often.

You’re not wrong but not completely surprising giving we’re average in HRs (11th in the majors), but lead the majors in BA, OBP and strike out the fewest

12 hours ago, Bregs said:

I hear you, but I'm pulling for A's and Mariners for the WC and Red Sox/Yankee/Toronto collapse.  Tonight helped.

Same, although I wouldn't mind Toronto making it.  But I've been dreaming of a Yankee/Sawks free playoffs for decades.

I think it's pretty safe to say the Astros won't make history with *four consecutive 100+ win seasons, unless they finish 18-4 over their last 22 games.

None of you will be surprised to learn this but the Astros are five games under their pythag ex-W/L record of 87-53. The league's "luckiest" team according to ex-W/L is Seattle at +12 and an expected 65-76 record. 

The Dodgers look like baseball's best team right now and are 4th worst in BRef Luck category at -6 and an ex-W/L of 95-47. It would be such a shame if they get knocked out in a one-game wild card playoff.....

Edited by Gourmand

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i agree, they're hands down the best team in the wild card race. one game playoff games are screwy man. 

The Giants have been playing out of their minds as well. 21-9 over their last 30, 43-32 vs +.500 teams, and only +3 in the "luck" category. One of those two teams is going to be in a one-game playoff scenario and hopefully it's the Dodgers and they get their asses beat.