Tortilla Tossers Terrify Timid Travelers...(offseason fodder)

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Any list that does not include Ohio state at the 1 spot  in hostile is shit. 

sounds like we should couch that...

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Attended the 2004 tOSU@Purdue game.  Bought tickets early in the season, as it appeared both would be top-10 by the time of the game. That did not play out.

Anyhow, tickets were in high demand, so we (brother,  brother's wife, father) sat in end-zone.  Turns out it was filled with tOSU fans.  Most acted as adults, but still took everything too damned seriously.  They were jerks when Purdue was kicking their ass in the first half and toned it down as they came back.  

Kyle Orton, who had been held out most of the game due to injury, was inserted for the final 2 drives.  The first was a 3-and-out with Purdue up 17-10.  tOSU tied it on the next drive at 17.  tOSU fans started to bow up and get confident.  Orton came in and proceeded to take Purdue 80 yards down the field - going 6-6 - for the go-ahead TD with 2:25 left.  We Purdue fans were going bananas.  We might have gotten shanked if we were in Columbus.

Anyhow, after the Purdue win, the folks around us were as cordial as they could be.  Which was not very.

As my we walked back to my brother's house (reasonable walking distance from the stadium in West Lafayette), several clusters of tOSU "fans" offered to fight us, etc.  My group took the high road, which was the appropriate choice.  There are more details: foul language, "space" violations, etc.  But I will spare that...

Suffice to say, this was a proper indoctrination for when those assholes visited Austin in 2006.  Those "fortunate" enough to visit Columbus in 2005 had it worse, I gather.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

2005 Columbus vs 2020 Columbus isn't too far off of 1995 Austin vs 2010 Austin except 2020 Columbus is just now a hair beyond 2000 Austin. 1990 Austin to 2005 Austin is a closer comparison.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

KU’s 9 fans must be some mean sons of bitches.

Went to NDSU KU in 2010, Turner Gills debut game. Bison won 6-3. Probably the most in game trash talk about that wasn’t friendly banter. It was weird.

I can see Nebraska, KState and aggy being top20. Had more than friendly experiences with all 3 fan bases

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Went to NDSU KU in 2010, Turner Gills debut game. Bison won 6-3. Probably the most in game trash talk about that wasn’t friendly banter. It was weird.

I can see Nebraska, KState and aggy being top20. Had more than friendly experiences with all 3 fan bases

Like carnal knowledge experiences...with aggy?  LOL.

I know it's not the general opinion on here, but Nebraska fans were freaking great when we went up there in 2009.  Of course, they thought they were gonna win and that helps them be a little more gracious, but even after a 31-10 butt whoopin, that night out in town in Omaha, people were very, very nice.  At the time I commented to the wife, "This atmosphere is what aggy wishes they had, only with some tradition of winning to support the hope."

Went to Tech at Pyle field in 06-08, and '10. They're just weirder than fuck.  Like the shit they think is endearing to other fans is just hokey, circus trick idiocy. I think it was the 08 game, I had my wife and boy boys were about 15 and 10 at the time. We are all decked out in red and black, and as we approached our seats, aggy fan lady asked if we were going to act nice.  I'm sure I did not not hide my WTF? expression very well, as if I had brass knuckles and a switchblade in my pocket.  I eventually learned her son was a walk-on LB for aggy, so they cheered for their team, and we cheered for ours.  No harm done, but that question as we walked up always stuck with me.

Full disclosure:  I prefer Tech road games to homers.  I'm cool with our student section being rowdy as hell.  I get frustrated with some of our fans who should fucking know better.  When you're at road games, our fans tend to be a little more "dedicated" if you will, and not looking to just start shit.

Edited by slorch