Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Current Class of 2022 Texas Longhorns Commits    (22 Commits)

• Brenen Thompson Spearman (Spearman, TX)       WR
  • Bryan Allen Jr. Aledo (Aledo, TX)                              S
  • Jamarion Miller Tyler Legacy (Tyler, TX)                 RB
  • Justice Finkley Hewitt-Trussville (Trussville, AL)    DL
  • Maalik Murphy Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA)         QB
  • Jaydon Blue Klein Cain (Houston, TX)                      RB
  • Jaray Bledsoe Marlin (Marlin, TX)                             DL
  • J'mond Tapp AscensionCath (Donaldsonville, LA)  DE
  • Armani Winfield Lewisville (Lewisville, TX)              WR
  • Austin Jordan Ryan (Denton, TX)                               S
  • Kristopher Ross North Shore (Houston, TX)            DL
  • Derrick Brown Texas High (Texarkana, TX)  .           DE
  • Aaron Bryant Southaven (Southaven, MS)               DL
  • Cole Hutson  Frisco (Frisco, TX)                               OL
  • Zac Swanson Brophy Coll Prep (Phoenix, AZ)         DL
  • Trevell Johnson Martin (Arlington, TX)                     LB
  • Connor Robertson Westlake (Austin, TX)                OL
  • Anthony Jones Liberty (Henderson, NV)               ATH
  • Eoghan Kerry Mater Dei (Santa Ana, CA)                LB
  • Ronald Lewis Warren Easton (New Orleans, LA)    CB
  • Will Stone  Regents School (Austin, TX)                   K
  • Lance St. Louis Williams Field (Gilbert, AZ)            LS

1. How many spots will be saved for transfers in ??
  2. Any really "tough guys" in this group?? 
  3. Surprised no TE's yet
  4. Obviously OL numbers will need go up
  5. Really hope LB numbers go up too

Edited by LTtxfan

43 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Take it for what it’s worth but the word coming from a source on the team side is that the two nights of parties that Arch attended were a lot more material towards a successful visit on this with him than anything football related.  

Now for the bad news-Evans is out on Texas regardless of what the $9.95’s are saying.  

Any reason regarding Evans?

Just now, Tex-19 said:

@Barbacoa care to weigh in? May be a game of telephone but someone on 247 is claiming the same thing

Also weird that he's visiting aggy all of a sudden

I’m sure he’s impressed with Demas’ one catch per game and would thrive with the same usage by the time he’s a sophomore. 

IT Scoop (2022)

Spoiler

Big recruiting weekend. Details, notes, and quotes from a busy Saturday in Austin, plus more on an out-of-state signal-caller.

AROUND THE HORN

WR Evan Stewart, Liberty (Frisco, TX) - 2022: The prized receiver from the 2022 cycle was in Austin for the game this weekend. The polarizing five-star is always a hot topic on message boards. When you run a 10.58 100m and 21.08 200m, people pay attention.

On3’s No. 4 overall prospect enjoyed his stay in Austin, including staying after the game and bonding with UT freshman Xavier Worthy. The two see similarities in each other's game and have some relatable traits that easily translate in Steve Sarkisian's offense.

Sarkisian is selling Stewart on the Worthy role in this offense, and Stewart is listening. With schools like Alabama, Florida, and Texas A&M in the mix, Texas continues to look solid in this pursuit. He'll be in College Station soon for a visit as the Aggies have re-entered the conversation. This is something to monitor.

His recruitment is the essence of a roller-coaster ride and should be treated as such. With him opting out of the remainder of his senior year, Stewart looks to continue training hard and preparing for life at the next level.

DL Quency Wiggins, Madison Prep (Baton Rouge, La.) - 2022:

The 6-foot-6, 270-pounder with an 85-inch wingspan had a terrific visit to Florida on October 9th. In briefly speaking with a source, the Longhorns met the level of Florida two weeks ago. Texas combination of academics, campus life, and opportunity on the field have an appeal. Alabama and LSU have been considered the top two, long term, and now many prospects in Louisiana will wait to see who the next head coach is for the Tigers.

QB Devin Brown, Corner Canyon (Queen Creek, Az.) - 2022:

The USC verbal is locking in an official visit to Texas on November 13th for the Kansas game. UT is scheduled to be at Corner Canyon this week to watch Brown throw. The Longhorns have yet to officially offer, so that is something to monitor later this week. Should Texas offer, they will certainly be in the mix due to Steve Sarkisian’s offensive scheme, and opportunity to compete early and often. Ole Miss received an OV on October 9th, and Ohio State is expected to in November after the Buckeyes recently offered. UCLA is also in play. Texas A&M has reached out in recent days.

TE Jaleel Skinner, IMG Academy (Greer, S.C.) - 2022:

IT believes Alabama is safe here, but Texas tight ends coach Jeff Banks will continue to chip away. He has a very good relationship with Skinner’s father.

IOL, Malik Agbo, Todd Beamer (Federal Way, Wa.) - 2022:

Texas impressed the big-bodied OL from a university standpoint, the total football experience, the possibility to compete early and a positive feeling he received from the linemen in the program. Visits to Auburn and Florida are still on the docket. Arizona State is also in play here, but the thought is Agbo prefers the feeling of big-time football at a Texas, Auburn, or Florida.

RB Jaydon Blue, Cain (Klein, Texas) (TEXAS) - 2022:

IT received a text Saturday evening saying that Texas verbal Jaydon Blue is wavering in his commitment. He has hopes of Texas A&M showing interest if he does reopen his recruitment. Blue’s issue should he back off his verbal, he may not have the options he desires. We're monitoring.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT Scoop (2022)

Hide contents

QB Devin Brown, Corner Canyon (Queen Creek, Az.) - 2022:

The USC verbal is locking in an official visit to Texas on November 13th for the Kansas game. UT is scheduled to be at Corner Canyon this week to watch Brown throw. The Longhorns have yet to officially offer, so that is something to monitor later this week. Should Texas offer, they will certainly be in the mix due to Steve Sarkisian’s offensive scheme, and opportunity to compete early and often. Ole Miss received an OV on October 9th, and Ohio State is expected to in November after the Buckeyes recently offered. UCLA is also in play. Texas A&M has reached out in recent days.

That's a surprising little tidbit. Wonder if Weigman is rethinking the MLB draft

8 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Give him the ball in space and let him run it to the house! 

spacer.png

He's open! Throw it!

Sorry, I've just become so bored with announcers' pat phrases. No reflection on you.

"Settling for a field goal," is another tired phrase. Field goals are actually good. It's not a failure to score. Sometimes, if you really need the TD to stay in the game or whatever, it may be settling. 

A lot of times under Herman I would have happily "settled for a field goal" instead of running a hopeless attempt at the middle of the line on fourth down. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Any reason regarding Evans?

No, though I understand he told the coaches he wasn’t interested in playing at Texas.  Obviously circumstances can change but that’s wildly different than what the Roach and Nahlin/Gerry are saying.  

3 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

No, though I understand he told the coaches he wasn’t interested in playing at Texas.  Obviously circumstances can change but that’s wildly different than what the Roach and Nahlin/Gerry are saying.  

Maybe you're right but it doesn't seem to make sense. Florida mods starting to pick UT, he comes to visit for a whole weekend, but he doesn't actually have interest?

The Aggy interest is just as weird. Their pass game and WR production is shit. As always. I guess it could just be a token visit..

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The rest of 2021 should be solely focused on recruiting and getting Bijan the Heisman. 

While I wish it were different, Bijan ain't winning the Heisman this year behind this O-line.  The argument will be he has disappeared in the 2nd half of some key games (thank you o-line).  And unfortunately we probably drop 1 more along the way.  I think the more realistic goal is to get him to NYC this year, and win it next year.  

20 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

While I wish it were different, Bijan ain't winning the Heisman this year behind this O-line.  The argument will be he has disappeared in the 2nd half of some key games (thank you o-line).  And unfortunately we probably drop 1 more along the way.  I think the more realistic goal is to get him to NYC this year, and win it next year.  

Yeah he won't win the Heisman but an invite to NYC and the Doak Walker award would be cool. Next year is his chance.

I do agree that the rest of this year is about recruiting. But at this point winning is the biggest thing for recruiting anyway. I think we lose 2 more unfortunately - Baylor and ISU will both be tough. 

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

We all know when we played them. If I mistyped, we still know. Look man, don’t follow me around with neg votes and then passive aggressively do weak shit like this. Have a fucking spine and come at me with substance or fuck off.

I'm so glad I passed out in the stands during the 1st quarter of that game to wake up in the 4th quarter and not give a shit about how bad we got our ass kicked. It was a phenomenal tailgating experience though in South Bend. Ended up chugging jack with the Notre Dame soccer team and their "spirit girls" or whatever they called them. 

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

That's a surprising little tidbit. Wonder if Weigman is rethinking the MLB draft

Weigman not entering the draft would be a hilarious move. All it takes is 1 team willing to go over slot for you. He isn't some fringe talent, dude is legit good.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Current Class of 2022 Texas Longhorns Commits    (22 Commits)

1. How many spots will be saved for transfers in ??
  2. Any really "tough guys" in this group?? 
  3. Surprised no TE's yet
  4. Obviously OL numbers will need go up
  5. Really hope LB numbers go up too

We don't need a tight end in this class. 

Blue is going to be a fascinating story. If he leaves Texas (or they move on) guessing we get some interesting stories. Who knows where he lands on the final/year end recruiting lists.

here are his recent twitter follows: https://en.whotwi.com/JaydonBlue/friends

also, opening up your recruitment "hoping" a school jumps in?

bear grylls bad decision GIF by NETFLIX

• Hook 'Em 1

Wasn't X hosting Stewart? How can Stewart just all of the sudden not want to come here when he's been here plenty of times, and especially seeing what he could be capable of producing in this offense? I'm sorry, but I don't buy the message board "he told coaches he's not coming here" since I believe he stayed all weekend. He may not come here, but I doubt he told the coaches that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Blue is going to be a fascinating story. If he leaves Texas (or they move on) guessing we get some interesting stories. Who knows where he lands on the final/year end recruiting lists.

Kind of surprised since Blue has been pumping up Drayton and Texas forever. 

1 minute ago, NoName said:

Looks like some smoke on the Aggy follows/likes. Pretty sudden considering Friday he was still all UT. Guess that loss really got to him

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wasn't X hosting Stewart? How can Stewart just all of the sudden not want to come here when he's been here plenty of times, and especially seeing what he could be capable of producing in this offense? I'm sorry, but I don't buy the message board "he told coaches he's not coming here" since I believe he stayed all weekend. He may not come here, but I doubt he told the coaches that. 

It doesn't seem to make sense. Clearly he liked something when he committed here and came to our games the last two weeks in a row. And do recruits ever actually say something like that to coaches in the middle of a visit? Like, "Hey thanks for hosting me this weekend but I'm not actually interested. Just wasting your time because I wanted to have some fun. Bye!"

Random poster on 247 said the same thing yesterday though. Roach's response was that he hadn't asked that question but didn't believe it was true.

Speaking of which, I don't have it but Roach just posted an update if someone else does- https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/fivestar-wr-evan-stewart-recaps-texas-visit-173379563/?page=1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

It doesn't seem to make sense. Clearly he liked something when he committed here and came to our games the last two weeks in a row. And do recruits ever actually say something like that to coaches in the middle of a visit? Like, "Hey thanks for hosting me this weekend but I'm not actually interested. Just wasting your time because I wanted to have some fun. Bye!"

Random poster on 247 said the same thing yesterday though. Roach's response was that he hadn't asked that question but didn't believe it was true.

Speaking of which, I don't have it but Roach just posted an update if someone else does- https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/fivestar-wr-evan-stewart-recaps-texas-visit-173379563/?page=1

Yeah, it just sounds like bs all around. I find it highly unlikely that a recruit in the middle of a visit who stayed all weekend would reach out and say that. More message board idiocy trying to stir shit up. He may not come here, but he didn't say anything, either. 

1 minute ago, Jester said:

Something doesn't add up with the Stewart 'news'.  Until proven otherwise or @barbacoa chimes in, I choose to believe it's a good old fashioned mole hunt.

Scroll up. He doesn't believe it. We've got a internet "insider" source-off.

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yeah, it just sounds like bs all around. I find it highly unlikely that a recruit in the middle of a visit who stayed all weekend would reach out and say that. More message board idiocy trying to stir shit up. He may not come here, but he didn't say anything, either. 

Just weird that someone on 247 and here is claiming it and neither seems like an obvious troll (I'm not on IT). 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gerry - Nugs

IT caught up with 2022 safety Larry Turner-Gooden (Mission Hills, Calif./Bishop Alemany). The 5-foot-10.5, 180-pounder with long arms reports that his overall visit was a lot o fun. He was hosted by Chris Adimora. Sark's message was a simple one, opportunity to compete right away. He reports that he left Texas having the vision of being a student athlete at Texas. With that said, more visits remain scheduled. Arizona State in November is likely. Colorado and Maryland are also pushing for visits. He already made a stop at Penn State. A late USC push could have an impact.

On300 No. 55 Quency Wiggins (Baton Rouge, La./Madison Prep) and circle gave the Texas visit very high marks. In fact, the entire trip eclipsed the Florida trip. With that said, the 6-foot-6, 270-pounder is a little closer to the Gators current players. The city, university, facilities, opportunity to compete early and class act of Steve Sarkisian were very positive for the Longhorns. Wiggins will visit Alabama unofficially November 6 for the LSU game. The Wiggins family will not make a decision until the early signing period barring a major change. That will provide the new LSU head coach time to get the local product on campus in December.

On300 OT Aliou Bah (Bradenton, Fla./IMG Academy) placed Texas in his final three with Georgia and Florida. A decision could come today, or later this week. IT would be very surprised if the pick was Texas. While he did speak with Longhorns assistant Kyle Flood Sunday, he hasn't been to campus in months. He was at Florida two weeks ago, and has been to Georgia two or three times since June 1. If the Bulldogs accept his commitment, the 6-foot-5, 325-pounder is likely headed to Athens.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry - Nugs     IT caught up with 2022 safety Larry Turner-Gooden (Mission Hills, Calif./Bishop Alemany). The 5-foot-10.5, 180-pounder with long arms reports that his overall visit was a lot o fun. He was hosted by Chris Adimora. Sark's message was a simple one, opportunity to compete right away. He reports that he left Texas having the vision of being a student athlete at Texas. 

Wonder how positive Adimora is as a recruiting host with his limited playing time... 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Wonder where Denver Harris stands now. That LSU coaching shakeup probably factors in a lot bc he's all about Corey Raymond who's future just got a little cloudy. Probably doesn't matter but Bama just got another corner today.

Didn't SARK talk to Corey Raymond about coming to Texas ??  

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting