Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

11 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Not happening today. Pensive and not engaged. Try and get the next two I guess. 

I missed Madden's implosion, but I'm curious if he was trying too hard, particularly as he faded, as in aiming pitches and the like.

Williams certainly trying too hard.

For most of these kids' sentient lives, TTU has been the better team, so some form of intimidation/overextension.

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I missed Madden's implosion, but I'm curious if he was trying too hard, particularly as he faded, as in aiming pitches and the like.

Williams certainly trying too hard.

For most of these kids' sentient lives, TTU has been the better team, so some form of intimidation/overextension.

He was all fuckin' caddywampus on the mound.  Kept falling off all cockeyed.  Not sure what was going on.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

He was all fuckin' caddywampus on the mound.  Kept falling off all cockeyed.  Not sure what was going on.

In the early innings, he was putting up insane velo (fuck Lowell) numbers even for him.  I'm wondering if he tired and turned into aimastrike.  Missed a lot of it, but from a distance sounds like overpitching.

Between Madden being a bit off, and tech making some great plays on some hard hit balls by our guys, it just wasn’t our day. Good test for us. We haven’t had our backs against the wall like this at all this season. I’m expecting us to respond and take the next 2 cause that’s just the way this team is. Just a team of fighters 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo
32 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Should we have saved him for Sunday then to let it heal more? 

^

what I thought, too.  Plus him sitting around during the rain delay just fucking with it probably didn't help.  

25 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Should we have saved him for Sunday then to let it heal more? 

Good point !

Re:  122 pitch outing against OKSt last Sat.    Ty's pitch count was 80 entering the 6th where he threw 42 pitches.   Not good.   Should have been relieved instead of completing the 6th especially after the doubles.   We led 4-0 entering the 6th and OKSt rallied for 3 runs from Ty.   Have to protect your arms at this point in the season.    Pierce has to trust the bullpen.   Can't let your ace throw 42 pitches in 1 inning.

Capture.PNG.a0a0ed76884964e616b7454756081f50.PNG

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Damnit. We should steal Tadlock too! 

One game and Madden was off all night and we hit the ball on the screws a few times, tech just made some great plays. And I kinda think they shot their wad. It felt like they were playing for their super bowl while we were playing tech on a Friday night. They used a fuckton of arms last night too. Looking forward to seeing how the team responds after losing the opening game of a weekend set 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

One game and Madden was off all night and we hit the ball on the screws a few times, tech just made some great plays. And I kinda think they shot their wad. It felt like they were playing for their super bowl while we were playing tech on a Friday night. They used a fuckton of arms last night too. Looking forward to seeing how the team responds after losing the opening game of a weekend set 

Me too, however, with the weather being what it is we really needed to win the first game. Not sure they’ll get two more in.