Texas Tech @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ardoin has been decent (with poor luck with balls in play), but this team really needed Todd to stay healthy and another player to emerge. And for Kennedy not to shrivel up at the plate.

Kennedy has been the biggest let down. He has the one tool that only some are blessed with and it can’t be utilized because he can’t get on.

Edited by davi34
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, davi34 said:

Every game this season that has been televised or streamed. The offense has not been reliable this year at all outside of Melendez and Daly, everyone else has had massive highs and lows. Hodo has been good filling in since the injury to Todd but let’s not kid ourselves this team has gone as the starting pitching has.

As opposed to those teams with shitty pitching who cruise to victory?

Anyway you are right that we are hot and cold. Just have to hope we either break out of it or we start winning 2-0 from here on.

1 minute ago, davi34 said:

Every game this season that has been televised or streamed. The offense has not been reliable this year at all outside of Melendez and Daly, everyone else has had massive highs and lows. Hodo has been good filling in since the injury to Todd but let’s not kid ourselves this team has gone as the starting pitching has.

The same could be said for Texas Tech, only difference is they have gotten the big hit all weekend Texas hasn't gotten one all weekend. Tech has two more hits than Texas this weekend and has struck out 20 times to Texas' 16... They just take advantage of 2 HBPs and a walk, we don't.

Sounds like Williams needs to sit some.

And we need to go after first pitch strikes right down the middle. When you’re struggling to score and we have for 10 days or more now, you can’t waste easy strikes and allow the pitcher a free, get ahead pitch.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ardoin has been decent (with poor luck with balls in play), but this team really needed Todd to stay healthy and another player to emerge. And for Kennedy not to shrivel up at the plate.

Might have worked out if Todd had just stayed healthy. But that's assuming Pierce would have replaced Kennedy with Hodo based on performance.

All is not lost, it has been a rough weekend so far for the starters but there is still a game to be played and two big series left. Get things right, take care of business the next couple of weeks especially in Fort Worth and this weekend will hopefully be just a blip on the schedule.

3 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Ball game coming up right here. Ivan up with the bases loaded one out, Tech up 5-1

Hard to ask for one man to keep delivering but that is what will be asked of Ivan

shit if I were Tadlock I'd walk him.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

shit if I were Tadlock I'd walk him.

I would to, and that is what happens although I doubt by design.

Petrinsky is a double play machine though, hopefully he can come through

Edited by chase25

So far this weekend Tech has had 21 base runners to Texas 22.

Texas Tech has struck out 20 times to Texas 17. 

Biggest difference has been Tech has scored 8 of their 11 runs in the series in the span of 2 innings. 

Other notable difference between the two teams on the season is Tech came into today SLGing .501 as a team, Texas a mere .445... Both teams hitting .280 on the year. Hard to score when you are trying to string together 3 singles.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Same with a football. No excuses, make it happen

Oh so the pitcher should start running the ball then? How stupid are you man? 

Anyway yes baseball is lame as fuck when nobody can throw the ball. I am sorry if physics offends your machismo.

Anyway we'll get this game in.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

Biggest difference has been Tech has scored 8 of their 11 runs in the series in the span of 2 innings. 

Other notable difference between the two teams on the season is Tech came into today SLGing .501 as a team, Texas a mere .445... Both teams hitting .280 on the year. Hard to score when you are trying to string together 3 singles.

Yeah that is the big difference between this series and Oklahoma State. We had power in that series, in this one we don't.

Good news for Texas is Tech's bullpen is ass as has been on display this inning. 

Bad news for Texas is momentum just got halted for rain which will mean Tadlock will be forced to take out the erratic Wells. Will be really interesting to see what Tadlock does. 

13 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Don't know for sure, because I haven't watched Tech much this year, but their park might have something to do with their slugging %.  Much easier to hit bombs there. At least that's the conventional wisdom.  Or they could just have better hitters. Or both...

had Hodo gotten on I think we would have won this for sure.  Need Ardoin to get one run in at least to really pressure the pitcher in the 9th.

in general the comeback here makes me feel a bit better about tomorrow.  this team needs to be mentally tough.

Just now, zlavydra said:

Don't know for sure, because I haven't watched Tech much this year, but their park might have something to do with their slugging %.  Much easier to hit bombs there. At least that's the conventional wisdom.  Or they could just have better hitters. Or both...

That definitely plays a factor, Tech has also played to the level of their competition all year long. If they hold on to win today the will be 6-2 against TCU/OSU/TEX on the season and 4-5 against WVU/BU/KSU.