2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

We have a fairly easy first two rounds. The West Finals will be fun, especially if we get Utah.

2-1 series lead and already giving yourselves the WCSF. 

Nuggets are salty and will have HCA against you if they win. Actually - everyone remaining will have HCA against you. 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Hey now, Vogel's probably top 1-2 defense coach in the league. 

Like most Laker fans I thought he was a curious choice. He got my respect with how he transformed the Lakers into a cohesive defensive unit that became elite on that end of the floor. Obviously having Davis plays a big role in the transformation, but the guys seem to really like him. 

2 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Putting a qualifier on what would make the conference finals fun might be the most Lakers/Lebron fan shit ever.

I am a Lakers fan, not a LeBron fan. Wanting to play Utah goes back to series played as far back for me as the late 80’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, threesheets said:

Fair enough, and good for you @UpperWestside There are a lot of "I'm not a Lakers fan, I'ma wherever he at fan" motherfuckers out there. 

Mind sharing how you came to be a Lakers fan? I'm in my 40s and only know one that actually grew up in SoCal.

Sure why not. I did not have cable or satellite TV as a kid due to living in the country in a small town in Texas. I saw Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers in 1987 and was hooked. To add humor to it CBS used to put the graphic up when they showed the score and it said LA LAKERS. I was so young and the only reference to the LA abbreviation I knew was Louisiana...LOL. I still have my Magic jersey from the 3rd grade and attended both of the victory parades in 2009 and 2010. I drove from Texas to there both times. I tried living in SoCal briefly. Beaches were awesome, but I need seasons so NYC it is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2-1 series lead and already giving yourselves the WCSF. 
Nuggets are salty and will have HCA against you if they win. Actually - everyone remaining will have HCA against you. 

No. The Lakers will dispatch Denver with impunity. Portland is a way worse matchup

10 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Sure why not. I did not have cable or satellite TV as a kid due to living in the country in a small town in Texas. I saw Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers in 1987 and was hooked. To add humor to it CBS used to put the graphic up when they showed the score and it said LA LAKERS. I was so young and the only reference to the LA abbreviation I knew was Louisiana...LOL. I still have my Magic jersey from the 3rd grade and attended both of the victory parades in 2009 and 2010. I drove from Texas to there both times. I tried living in SoCal briefly. Beaches were awesome, but I need seasons so NYC it is.

You motherfucker.  

I've been a rabid Mavs fan since they came into existence, but during the showtime years I was a big Lakers fan/Celtics hater because my dad was a gambler and always bet on LA. Things were better when they won. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

No. The Lakers will dispatch Denver with impunity. Portland is a way worse matchup

Lol. Have you actually watched any of this series? Denver is well coached, disciplined and has the league MVP. Trust me when I tell you you would much rather play the Blazers. 

Don't get me wrong - I'd absolutely favor you against Denver. But there is no chance in fuck this shitty annual-choke-job Portland team takes you past 5 games. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

You motherfucker.  

I've been a rabid Mavs fan since they came into existence, but during the showtime years I was a big Lakers fan/Celtics hater because my dad was a gambler and always bet on LA. Things were better when they won. 

I have a friend in Dallas who is a HS basketball coach and lifelong Knicks fan (He goes back to Bernard King with them). He used to sneak into Reunion to watch games when he was a teenager in the 80’s. He told me before the playoffs started that the Mavs will be in the West Finals. He was pretty adamant about that prediction.

I still remember the 88 series against Dallas. That was a wild series. We were that close to not getting back-to-back titles. That was probably the best Mavs team I saw until the one that won it in 2011.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol. Have you actually watched any of this series? Denver is well coached, disciplined and has the league MVP. Trust me when I tell you you would much rather play the Blazers. 

We thrashed a better Denver team with Murray and Grant.  This Denver team is not as good as last year’s.  And the Lakers are just now starting to hit their stride.  I would rather play Denver than any remaining team in the West.  The Lakers struggle with elite guards.  Dame has lit them the fuck up.  And I am going out on a limb by saying I’ve seen more Lakers games, and more Lakers v Portland games, than you.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

We thrashed a better Denver team with Murray and Grant.  This Denver team is not as good as last year’s.  And the Lakers are just now starting to hit their stride.  I would rather play Denver than any remaining team in the West.  The Lakers struggle with elite guards.  Dame has lit them the fuck up.  And I am going out on a limb by saying I’ve seen more Lakers games, and more Lakers v Portland games, than you.

I'm not debating this because there isn't a debate to be had. If Denver doesn't worry you more than Portland I don't know what you tell you. I'm hitting spreads like clockwork right now - I know what I'm talking about. 

That said - I wouldn't be that concerned about either of them if I'm a Lakers fan so it's a somewhat moot discussion. 

"The Lakers struggle with elite guards" - aren't you checking Devin Booker just fine right now? 

Edited by ztejas

10 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

i have been following the Heat because I like Duncan Robinson, but jesus they are getting destroyed.

Jrue Holiday was +41 in 34 minutes.  That is crazy.

I had to look.  The all-time record for a game is held by ----drumroll

Luc Mbah a Moute

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=highest+plus+minus+of+all-time+in+a+single+game

+57 is 26 minutes, Rockets vs Nuggets in 2017

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Like most Laker fans I thought he was a curious choice. He got my respect with how he transformed the Lakers into a cohesive defensive unit that became elite on that end of the floor. Obviously having Davis plays a big role in the transformation, but the guys seem to really like him. 

#1 defense in the league even with lots of time missed by AD. Probably one of the best out there as far as making adjustments.

I know he's working with world class talent, but damn, Vogel has really impressed me.

7 hours ago, Llogg said:

Denver will absolutely take the Lakers in 7 game series barring injuries.

Hell they're only going to beat Phoenix because of Chris Paul's annual playoff injury.

Was this post written before the Murray injury? I don’t see it at all. If you need an Austin Rivers heat check against Portland, you can’t take the Lakers to 7 unless LeBron is severely bored or injured. Hope to be wrong though.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

BUCKS looking good after Nets looked amazing. 
2 best teams in the NBA in my opinion. Winner of that series wins the title. 

LBJ is a lucky bastard.  Those 2 will go to war w eachother then the west team gets an easier path...because of course that’s how it would work out.  

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

We thrashed a better Denver team with Murray and Grant.  This Denver team is not as good as last year’s.  
...And I am going out on a limb by saying I’ve seen more Lakers games, and more Lakers v Portland games, than you.

Yeah, but you also drink a lot more.  Call it even?

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LBJ is a lucky bastard.  Those 2 will go to war w eachother then the west team gets an easier path...because of course that’s how it would work out.  

The 1 seed in the East wound up being more important than Brooklyn was hoping for probably. But if they are the real deal then it won't matter. KD and Harden are extremely well rested and weren't rushed back the way LeBron and/or AD were. 

LeBron might be "lucky" if the Bucks or Sixers can take Brooklyn out but if BKN makes the Finals I don't think they're going to need more than 5 against anyone. 

Plus - this Boston team is a joke. Phoenix might go down in 5 but dispatching them is going to take more from the Lakers than would playing one of the bottom East teams. 

Edited by ztejas