2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

Jesus. So far I've gotten Hasheem Thabeet and Tacko Fall as comparisons. Eaton was way more talented than both of those bums.

Would he be a 2x DPOY today? No. But he would make a roster easily and probably get 20 mins a game somewhere.ย 

Idk. I get sensitive when people completely disrespect what guys did in previous eras.ย 

Nvm - few years off.ย 

Edited by ztejas

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, ztejas said:

I was really pissed about this game and still will be moving forward (I may have put more than I should on a BKN sweep prop) and I was half watching it in the 2nd half while following the Texas game, but here are my takeaways:

- BKN started too hot too fast. They got up 15 and thought that was ball game and started dicking around and not running their offense or bringing intensity on D and let Boston take the lead and hold onto it at half. By that time the rhythm was out of sorts and they were forcing shit and chasing.ย 

- Nash was terrible in this game. Jeff Green going out is not an excuse to fuck up every rotation and not figure out how to keep Tatum from isoing on 6'1" Kyrie 12 times down the stretch. Durant is the only one besides Green that can guard him apparently - so you need to either fight through screens better or double him and dare him to beat you with his (mediocre) passing passing to mediocre shooters (that - to be fair - wereย hitting a lot of good looks tonight). Tatum going for 50 is literally the only way they are taking games in this series and BKN just watched while it happened. That is 100% a coaching failure. They need to adjust for game 4 because he is capable of doing it again.ย 

- Durant was poor on defense. I didn't think the effort was there on ball or on the glass. He was still easily their best defender. (See: Boston scores 125)

- Harden was phenomenal. They wasted a good Harden game.ย 

- Kyrie was poor on both ends of the floor.ย 

- Even all of that considered - BKN should have still won this game. That's how large the disparity between these teams is. It was absolutely absurd how easily they scored in the 4th quarter - they just couldn't get stops. I literally think if a few rebounds or putbacks or fouls go the other direction BKN wins. Like change the outcome of four 50/50 plays and they're up 3-0.ย 

- Boston still has no chance in this series but going through MIL and PHI is going to be brutal. I'd actually take the Lakers as title favorites right now because I'm stumped on which 3 of these teams comes out of the East. I'm not sure how much DiVincenzo going out will hurt MIL. Then again, beating BKN 4 times still seems statistically pretty unlikely for any team in the league. Durant had 39 on 13/24 with 9 boards and 4 steals and I didn't think he was that great. Their talent level is insane.ย  To add to that - they are also far more experienced than any other team in the East. KD has probably played moreย playoff games than anyone on the Hawks or Knicks combined. Shit - Kyrie and Harden probably have, too.ย 

ย 

Who on BKN is going to guard Giannis?ย  Tatum is fantastic, but he is noย Giannis.ย  Like you said, Nash really didn't make adjustments besides switching small guys on the Tatum.ย  That is going to be easy money for MIL.

5 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Slight edge to Duncan (extremely slight).ย  Duncan could keep his teammates a bit more involved and play high low a bit better.ย  By a "bit" I mean .01%

My .01 goes to dream. He was a savant passing out of a double team. He actually had some handles and could play a bit of point forward. ย Seems a slightly better fit in the modern game. (Assuming we are selecting them in their prime but for todayโ€™s game)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Duncanโ€™s winning percentage is stupid high and won 5 titles *pokes hornets nest* meanwhile dream won 2 because MJ took a break.

Duncan

Dream did it sans even an allstar, let alone HOF teammates. His block record is still unchallenged. Kobe-like offensive game from the paint...

ย 

Hornets nest...Swap players. Houston doesnโ€™t win back to back titles. Spurs still win 5, maybe more. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Dream did it sans even an allstar, let alone HOF teammates. His block record is still unchallenged. Kobe-like offensive game from the paint...

ย 

Hornets nest...Swap players. Houston doesnโ€™t win back to back titles. Spurs still win 5, maybe more. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Clyde would disagreeย 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

New developments have come to light. Lol
ย 

Think they would have won more had Clyde played on Houston his whole career with Dream.ย 

MJ was pretty tough. But I think they would have made a few more finals runs.ย 

• Hook 'Em 1

My .01 goes to dream. He was a savant passing out of a double team. He actually had some handles and could play a bit of point forward. ย Seems a slightly better fit in the modern game. (Assuming we are selecting them in their prime but for todayโ€™s game)
Dream in today's game would be deadlier than he was in his prime. If that is even possible.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The Knicks might find it easier to contain Trae Young on offense if they made him do anything on defense other than babysit Reggie Bullock in the corner. Watch how little energy he expends. Why aren't they using Bullock to set a pick and let Derrick Rose attack him? Could they at least make him fight through a pick? It's pathetic. The guy isn't a good defender. Why won't they attack him?ย 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i knew trae young was good, but i didn't realize he was already "best player in a playoffย series" good.

This Knicks team is really untalented. I think this might be the only team he could have played in either league where he could say that (except maybe Memphis).ย 
just going through it in my mind players that are better (stopping at 1) in other series:

Giannis & butler

tatum & pick whoeverย 

Embiid & Beal

Mitchel and Ja

Lebron & Booker

Joker & Dame

Luka & Leonard.ย 
ย 

yeah- Maybe you could argue Beal & Morant. So if he was matched against the Grizz or Wiz.ย 
but heโ€™s definitely outplayed Randle.ย 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This Knicks team is really untalented. I think this might be the only team he could have played in either league where he could say that (except maybe Memphis).ย 
just going through it in my mind players that are better (stopping at 1) in other series:

Giannis & butler

tatum & pick whoeverย 

Embiid & Beal

Mitchel and Ja

Lebron & Booker

Joker & Dame

Luka & Leonard.ย 
ย 

yeah- Maybe you could argue Beal & Morant. So if he was matched against the Grizz or Wiz.ย 
but heโ€™s definitely outplayed Randle.ย 

i'm excited to see him go against philly next round.ย  it will likely always be indefensible that the hawks made the trade with the mavs rather than just taking luka, but trae has made it less indefensibleย than i thought at the time.ย  (to a smaller extent, ayton is doing the same for phoenix).

• Hook 'Em 1

Obviously, if AD is out for the series, the Lakers are in serious trouble, but even if he's able to come back, what will his productivity be like?ย  How much will he be able to move and groin injuries are notorious for being reinjured without proper rest.ย  The LA teams could, not are, but could be done in the first round.ย  Wow.ย  And with Denver struggling, the West is wide open..... Nobody is scared of Utah.ย  They had a great season but with no real superstar (Mitchell is a star and a heck of a talent), but without a top 10 player, this is a crazy West.ย  For the long time in awhile, the East is a tad deeper.

ย 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Obviously, if AD is out for the series, the Lakers are in serious trouble, but even if he's able to come back, what will his productivity be like?ย  How much will he be able to move and groin injuries are notorious for being reinjured without proper rest.ย  The LA teams could, not are, but could be done in the first round.ย  Wow.ย  And with Denver struggling, the West is wide open..... Nobody is scared of Utah.ย  They had a great season but with no real superstar (Mitchell is a star and a heck of a talent), but without a top 10 player, this is a crazy West.ย 

It's also finally happened - Lebron is starting, just starting, to slow down.ย  It was going to happen eventually but he cannot carry a team of jags to the Finals by himself anymore.ย  Without AD the Lakers are toast.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For the long time in awhile, the East is a tad deeper.

Go home, you're drunk.

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It's also finally happened - Lebron is starting, just starting, to slow down.ย  It was going to happen eventually but he cannot carry a team of jags to the Finals by himself anymore.ย  Without AD the Lakers are toast.

Go home, you're drunk.

For the first time in awhile????ย  ย lol.ย  Wish I was drunk.ย  Need these IPA's to kick in.