Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

12 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Just remember that, no matter how much you like Shaqiri, you will never be more than his No.2 fan.

I love when you google Shaqiri one of the first 'questions also asked' is...

Does Shaqiri have dwarfism?  

Lulz  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I was a bit shocked that hummels actually got to that.... even after a 10 yard lead 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdMteDXM/

He got to it, because Hummels didn't want to be responsible for losing the game . . .

Spoiler

0 Germany 
2 France - FT

PS- Hummels knocked BOTH of Mbappe's feet/legs before he touched the ball, but it was the touching the ball that tripped up Mbappe. 

Edited by Napoleon

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Eriksen will be getting an ICD implanted.  I assume that means his playing career is over?

Pretty sure it ended the moment he had a heart attack.

What a day, huh? One moment, you're captaining your national team in a major international tournament. The next, you're in a hospital bed and your career (and probably what you love doing most) is over.

But he's set financially, revered by all who know him, and ... alive.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Pretty sure it ended the moment he had a heart attack.

Cardiac Arrest =/= Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)

I don't believe anyone has provided an etiology up to this point for what happened on the pitch. It is more likely that Christian had an arrhythmia that lead to Ventricular Tachycardia which required defibrillation. The device that they are implanting (ICD) will monitor his heart rate and if he drops into the non-live sustaining rhythm again, it will try to "shock" him out of it.

I doubt he plays again, but the issue appears to be more electrical than muscular. If so, and they can find the etiology and fix it, he could theoretically play again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoJames said:

Cardiac Arrest =/= Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)

I don't believe anyone has provided an etiology up to this point for what happened on the pitch. It is more likely that Christian had an arrhythmia that lead to Ventricular Tachycardia which required defibrillation. The device that they are implanting (ICD) will monitor his heart rate and if he drops into the non-live sustaining rhythm again, it will try to "shock" him out of it.

I doubt he plays again, but the issue appears to be more electrical than muscular. If so, and they can find the etiology and fix it, he could theoretically play again.

My bad. His heart stopped beating, which is not the same as a heart attack.

Even with the ICD implant to keep any arrhythmia in check, and even if he wanted to play, I doubt any side would risk it. At least, any side in Europe, the U.S., etc.