West Virginia @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

38 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

That Friday loss may go down as one of the worst in recent longhorn baseball history

WTF? It wasn’t even a bad loss. It was just one of those games that didn’t work out which happens in baseball all the fucking time.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If Kennedy hits like this we are almost unbeatable. 

But I'm assuming WVU's 3rd day pitching staff sucks monkey nuts.

I mean probably. But hey something like Kennedy being the postseason hero is the kind of thing that needs to happen if we are going to be champions.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

WTF? It wasn’t even a bad loss. It was just one of those games that didn’t work out which happens in baseball all the fucking time.

Yeah. WVU played a great game that night. Some super clutch hitting and their starter gave em just enough. And Ty had a really bad outing. 

And if Cam really was safe then it's also kind of a bullshit loss that you can't even blame Texas for all that much. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This team’s potential is the highest in a long, long time.

Speed. Some pop. Good defense. Good pitching with some very live arms. No automatic outs in spite of how some feel about Kennedy.

The complaints are Kennedy and Kubichek as a #3.

As a fan, I’d like to see more use out of the bench. Those guys are solid even though we never see them. Dj, Murphy, Ford. Bullpen is pretty deep too.

Dj plays quite a bit for a bench player. 

Guest Lobo

Ballgame in Manhattan.  We just won the Big XII.  

Walkoff HR, B9.  

Light the tower Orange!  Also, for that whole graduation thingy going on right now.  Good day to be a Longhorn!  Go Lady's Tennis! 

Edited by Lobo

Just now, XOVERX said:

Big 12 Baseball Champs. Been awhile. Good.

Now let’s win the B12 tournament and place well.

Feels great.

I'm pretty indifferent to the tournament as long as we don't need wins for seeding, which I don't believe we do.

Win 2 or 3, save some arms.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Just unreal that was a thing a couple months ago. We’ve got some fans that um well don’t know much about baseball around here

To be fair, I don't expect Pierce will ever have the Zen master thing that Augie had, where he could intuit who to play in the most absurd do or die situations.

That said, there is no Augie out there as a replacement.  I've seen nothing that tells me David Pierce can't build a super program.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Just unreal that was a thing a couple months ago. We’ve got some fans that um well don’t know much about baseball around here

@Cajun let’s enjoy the ride buddy 

Some skepticism was warranted and fair.  I'm definitely liking the looks of the guys they're bringing in.

I hope Tulo isn't the secret sauce.  Or that we can keep him for a while.

Edited by TwiceHorn

12 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

WE WIN B12 BITCHES!!!!

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas' 9th Big XII regular season Championship.  Our 78th conference championship in 122 seasons of baseball.  

SUCK IT FROGS!

7 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

Big 12 Baseball Champs. Been awhile. Good.

Now let’s win the B12 tournament and place well.

Feels great.

Not yet