EPL 2021-22

maninblack

58 minutes ago, sidis said:

dang, aresnal is +225 to win today.  that seems like decent odds for what i see as a 50/50 game.  son and spurs defense looked really good against liverpool last weekend but still see it as 50/50 given arsenal's form.  maybe i'm missing something but gonna jump on that.

Good call!

• Haha 2

absolute sham. i'm not watching tottenham beat arsenal, i'm watching arsenal being blasted in the ass incompetent officiating. the game starts off like it's bulls vs pistons in the late 80's, and then out of nowhere the home team starts getting the softest/most bullshit-ass favorable calls left and right, and the game is completely changed. absolute fucking horse shit. ive watched this arsenal teams lose a lot of games that they straight up deserved to lose. this has not been one of them. infuriating. 

My Arsenal friends are blowing up the group chat complaining about Harry Kane fouling Gabriel and I mean, I get it, it's a big game, but I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

But I read on this message board that it's Liverpool fans who complain incessantly about the refs.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

My Arsenal friends are blowing up the group chat complaining about Harry Kane fouling Gabriel and I mean, I get it, it's a big game, but I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

But I read on this message board that it's Liverpool fans who complain incessantly about the refs.

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

27 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

both things can be true but the latter is a known, universal truth.

1 hour ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Nah. You can't go into a guy's back while he's in the air like that and get mad when a foul is called.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

uh, yeah you can. there isn't a single ball into the box from a corner or a close free kick where 10x more violent/intentional clashes happen with no call. tierney called a handball, the replay showed that call to be wrong, so they said, 'fuck it, we'll just call it a foul, because we can call a foul on literally every single ball into the box like that." 

it reminds me of this moment from the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Villa:

0DF6395F-A5EE-441B-ABB4-0CF174847182.thumb.jpeg.548796d7cb19c1a994d401ae36951461.jpeg

Koscielny gets his shirt pulled over his head hockey style on a corner with no call. ask a chelsea fan or an arsenal fan- Giroud routinely got straight manhandled on corners, and he wouldn't complain even a little bit because it's simply SOP to be able to just thrash attackers in the box. whatever contact made by Cedric today is never ever ever called a penalty, which is exactly why his "foul" wasn't even called until the VAR review took place.

what happened today was a referee making an incorrect call, only to be bailed out by his buddies working the VAR, because obviously. you've never heard Arteta say the things he said after the match today. this was a total screw job. the officials absolutely took over and decided what should have been an intensely thrilling game. fuck everything that happened today. total horseshit. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

uh, yeah you can. there isn't a single ball into the box from a corner or a close free kick where 10x more violent/intentional clashes happen with no call. tierney called a handball, the replay showed that call to be wrong, so they said, 'fuck it, we'll just call it a foul, because we can call a foul on literally every single ball into the box like that." 

it reminds me of this moment from the FA Cup final between Arsenal and Villa:

0DF6395F-A5EE-441B-ABB4-0CF174847182.thumb.jpeg.548796d7cb19c1a994d401ae36951461.jpeg

Koscielny gets his shirt pulled over his head hockey style on a corner with no call. ask a chelsea fan or an arsenal fan- Giroud routinely got straight manhandled on corners, and he wouldn't complain even a little bit because it's simply SOP to be able to just thrash attackers in the box. whatever contact made by Cedric today is never ever ever called a penalty, which is exactly why his "foul" wasn't even called until the VAR review took place.

what happened today was a referee making an incorrect call, only to be bailed out by his buddies working the VAR, because obviously. you've never heard Arteta say the things he said after the match today. this was a total screw job. the officials absolutely took over and decided what should have been an intensely thrilling game. fuck everything that happened today. total horseshit. 

A. That Arsenal-Villa game was 7 years ago. IIRC, Arsenal won, you might want to let It go.

B. It wasn't the incorrect call. In replay, he was clearly showing a forearm shove in the back, not a handball. He saw a push in the back and he called it. It might be soft, and let go a ton of the time, but it's also called a lot too. 

C. Take the L pussy.

Ds81Md1VAAAijZp.jpg

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

he's not wrong, and he's never spoken like this before. that officiating was particularly egregious considering the stakes. 

“Arteta is a really good coach but he has just started this job and he has to be more focused on his team and not to keep complaining,” Conte said. “In six months here [at Spurs], I have listened to him complaining a lot. He needs to be more calm. But if he doesn’t want to accept my advice, I don’t care.“

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/12/antonio-conte-mikel-arteta-to-stop-complaining-after-holding-red-in-arsenal-defeat-tottenham

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

“Arteta is a really good coach but he has just started this job and he has to be more focused on his team and not to keep complaining,” Conte said. “In six months here [at Spurs], I have listened to him complaining a lot. He needs to be more calm. But if he doesn’t want to accept my advice, I don’t care.“

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/may/12/antonio-conte-mikel-arteta-to-stop-complaining-after-holding-red-in-arsenal-defeat-tottenham

of course he's complained before. every manager has. and frankly anyone who follows the EPL knows that the running joke about Arsenal constantly getting shafted by officiating isn't some meme, it's a fact. anyway, while arteta has complained about poor officiating before, he's never refused to actually comment while saying, "if i say what i believe i will be suspended for six months." i don't know a single person who watched that game who thinks it wasn't horribly officiated. 

17 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

of course he's complained before. every manager has. and frankly anyone who follows the EPL knows that the running joke about Arsenal constantly getting shafted by officiating isn't some meme, it's a fact. anyway, while arteta has complained about poor officiating before, he's never refused to actually comment while saying, "if i say what i believe i will be suspended for six months." i don't know a single person who watched that game who thinks it wasn't horribly officiated. 

i watched the game. seemed pretty fair to me.

and holding didn’t get carded because he made a tactical foul. he got carded because he put his shoulder into son’s earhole while doing it.