EPL 2021-22

maninblack

2 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

He made up for it for a bad penalty, but Burnley shows exactly why they are in the relegation race. Holy shit that was Red Sea-esque defending.

Given how shit Norwich, Watford, Burnley, Everton, and Leeds are, they should send all 5 teams down.

Re: “don't really understand the physics of this richarlison goal after watching it three times”

NAPPY’S ANALYSIS:

Richarlson’s shot is slight off the ground and smacks the defender’s quad muscle rather than full leg-bone combo.

The quad absorbs some of the force while only slightly changing the trajectory of the shot. The slight speed change along with the trajectory Roy change sends the ball on an arc that changes the location and time that the ball will cross the goal mouth and the keeper was unable to adjust after making his initial move. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

i honestly am not familiar with what everyone's deal with frank is.  perhaps some of you could enlighten me.  when i think of him, i think of an all over the field midfielder for chelsea for what seemed like a century who had a lot of success as a player.  he seems to a be a decent defensive manager but, like all english managers in the world, has severe limitations in creativity and personnel deployment.  seems to drill defensive and midfield defensive discipline well enough but that's about it.  not aware of sex scandals with underage hookers, racist tirades behind the scenes, being a dirty player, or any of the other things that make two-thirds of soccer players the utter pieces of indefensible shit that they are.  just arsenal, tottenham, etc... fans that are butthurt that he dominated them so badly on the field?  

don't get me wrong, i'd be happy to go pick some random german dude out of a hat to be the manager instead but i don't get the disdain for frank.

They are all just jealous he is better than Gerrard.

I fully expect him to have success as a manager. Going from Derby after 1 year to Chelsea during a transfer ban he did much better than expected. He made due with a bunch of talented youth (Mount, James, Tammy) and guided Chelsea to 4th in the EPL and an FA Cup Final. I think he learned quite a bit and will do fine as a manager. The hate for him stems from the color of his kit when he played. He's otherwise apparently very intelligent (150 IQ) and connected very well with the Chelsea locker room while there.