2021 Non-Austin Super Regionals Thread

TrashMaster G

15 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Not a big fan of the camo uni’s. Would probably work better if they were playing in Freer, TX.

First thing I thought of when I saw those unis was a 12GA, a F-150 tailgate, and an iced down cooler of beer.

14 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Alice and Falfurrias would like a word.

Being from Corpus Christi, have hunted in all of these places. Of those 3, Freer beats those for deer, but Falfurias and Alice can hold their own regarding birds. However, Dilley beats those areas when it comes to birds. Anyway, didn’t mean to derail.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Being from Corpus Christi, have hunted in all of these places. Of those 3, Freer beats those for deer, but Falfurias and Alice can hold their own regarding birds. However, Dilley beats those areas when it comes to birds. Anyway, didn’t mean to derail.

Yep, Fal was fucking disgusting with dove. 

6 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

My favorite time of the year. Wow the memories. 

Definitely for me as well. Besides the outdoor hunting and fishing, etc., the sun gets softer, the air is different, football season in swing, the baseball playoffs, and the holidays. 4th quarter of the year by far my favorite.

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Yep, Fal was fucking disgusting with dove. 

Wasn’t always that way though. Used to be in a nice migratory alley from there through the valley into Mexico. Especially for whitewing. There’s been a bit of a shift in the pattern over more recent years though. Anyway, I’ll stop off topic shit now. Hook’em and fuck Arky.

13 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Definitely for me as well. Besides the outdoor hunting and fishing, etc., the sun gets softer, the air is different, football season in swing, the baseball playoffs, and the holidays. 4th quarter of the year by far my favorite.

Nothing better than loading up after a morning dove hunt and listening to the horns on the radio on the way home.  If I remember correctly, it was AM in the mid 80's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Arky seems like they are good.

They have a very soft underbelly.

It's called their bullpen.

Get into that and you're golden.

Edited by Cajun
aside from their one stud in there.

6 minutes ago, Cajun said:

They have a very soft underbelly.

It's called their bullpen.

Get into that and you're golden.

Arkansas’s starters never go deep. It’s the biggest weakness of the team by far. Wicklander is the best and averages less than 5.0 per start. 

Everyone gets into their bullpen. 

Edited by Don Johnson

13 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Nothing better than loading up after a morning dove hunt and listening to the horns on the radio on the way home.  If I remember correctly, it was AM in the mid 80's.

Yeah, I can remember hearing the AM doing the fade in and out while driving back (riding as a youngster) from nowhere and fiddling with the radio tuner, tired and content. Some of my best memories for sure. I mostly remember that from after an evening hunt though on the way home from the middle of nowhere in pitch dark with the only lights coming from the dashboard and headlights.

Edited by Wishbone

23 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Arkansas’s starters never go deep. It’s the biggest weakness of the team by far. Wicklander is the best and averages less than 5.0 per start. 

If you can run Kropp (or is it Krupp), you're in good shape.  Everyone else is shaky at best in their bullpen.  Also, assuming they make Omaha, will be very interesting to see how a big ass park with 20mph winds blowing straight in effects their reliance on the dinger.  Works in Fayetteville.  Doubt it will in Omaha.

We'll see.

That said, they are very good.  Excellent plate discipline, don't make mistakes on the bases, solid defense, smart coaching, etc.  They are very beatable, but not easily beatable.  I hope we get 'em and I hope they think they're facing the same team they did when they beat us in that first week.

Edited by Cajun

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Those Vandy black pinstripes are terrible. And they have to be hot. 

Those unis are an abomination.  I honestly can't look at them for more than a couple of innings.  They're like visible nails on a chalkboard.

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Those unis are an abomination.  I honestly can't look at them for more than a couple of innings.  They're like visible nails on a chalkboard.

Their baseball team and culture is really annoying and cheesy. Kind of like Duke in basketball. And I have some of both in my family so I can't really hate on it or make fun of it too much. 

9 minutes ago, Cajun said:

If you can run Kropp (or is it Krupp), you're in good shape.  Everyone else is shaky at best in their bullpen.  Also, assuming they make Omaha, will be very interesting to see how a big ass park with 20mph winds blowing straight in effects their reliance on the dinger.  Works in Fayetteville.  Doubt it will in Omaha.

We'll see.

That said, they are very good.  Excellent plate discipline, don't make mistakes on the bases, solid defense, smart coaching, etc.  They are very beatable, but not easily beatable.  I hope we get 'em and I hope they think they're facing the same team they did when they beat us in that first week.

Kopps

36 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

So, they have the South Austin's Mom of bullpens?

Just now, chase25 said:

Well Ole Miss up 3-0 in the 1st, might be 3-1 (HR under review, with their ace Doug Nikhazy waiting in game 2

This will be a high scoring game. But OM advancing is Vandy’s worst nightmare. Nikhazy can put them in the losers bracket game 1.