Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Demetric Warren put in a flip pick for LSU LB commit Zach Edward's to aggy.  3*.  Seems odd if this does happen for a LB to flip from LSU to aggy.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zach-Edwards-46042616

Just got a commitment from a LB on unofficial visit all the way from Harrisburg, PA. 

Another 3* JAG, I'm sure. Although this one had an offer from the only, premier, in-state, B1G flagship university program...

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Aggies-football-lands-linebacker-Andre-White-117775160

17 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Just got a commitment from a LB on unofficial visit all the way from Harrisburg, PA. 

Another 3* JAG, I'm sure. Although this one had an offer from the only, premier, in-state, B1G flagship university program...

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-Aggies-football-lands-linebacker-Andre-White-117775160

Penn State and SC offers, he's no JAG. That's a deeply strange recruitment right there - good luck holding on to him.

Also - the fuck is up with the editing on this picture? Yikes.

Edited by texifornia

26 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

I remember Chavis sitting in his deer stand, taking a dip and just nodding knowingly as he hand-picked another SEC-ready recruit. Jimbo's more of a Chief than the Chief, if that's conceivable.

There is, sadly, a distinct lack of Tennessee sleeper recruits for aggy this cycle. I guess their collective gaze has shifted north a few hundred miles. 

12 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From the PSU board.  Several pages long but some good stuff.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Board/18/Contents/Andre-White-Committed-117774027

I'll have to give the shower molesters credit, mention of a Bagman didn't come up until around page 4, but that was someone named "fakechow"...Leslie trolling psu boards now?

I love how some of them are consoling themselves by saying "he seemed like he wanted to go out of state"...still doesn't make sense unless aggy is the only oos school that offered. Not to mention it's only April, and this kid didn't even wait till Sunday. He spent one day in Collie Station (his first) and commits on the spot...with the blessing of his parents who seem undaunted by the travel expense to see their baby boy play. hmm..

Apparently A&M also hosted (is hosting?) a 5-star 2020 DT from Mississippi; not sure that visit was widely advertised either.

After getting the Sopsher brothers to visit, this is another top D-line talent visiting. Sumlin's staff never seemed to be able to get the top level OOS talent to even come for all expense paid official visits, nevermind unofficial visits on the recruit's own dime.

The staff is an upgrade over Sumlin's guys at least as far as recruiting goes. Anyone can beat The Chief taking offseason off, for one.

As for linebackers, they did get the 5-star from NC to visit as well. I don't have any $9.95 subscriptions so I don't have any insider info, and was surprised by the PA linebacker committing during his visit. May be he has been worked on, in the background, by the coaches. Kinda how Leal family was getting to know the staff and establish a relationship while on nobody's radar.  the real world "shushhh", so to speak.

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, Caver60 said:

I generally like it when

you chime in. But when you do, there’s always a caveat. The real world of “douche”, so to speak.

Okay, I can see how that can come across like it. I meant to simply juxtapose two recruiting styles since Jimbo's not being on social media came up for discussion just this week.

Look at it this way: Carrington (sp?) has been just as successful with his swagger sushhh  approach. And if anything, his online antics have gotten under the skin of some opposing teams' fans.

7 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Okay, I can see how that can come across like it. I meant to simply juxtapose two recruiting styles since Jimbo's not being on social media came up for discussion just this week.

Look at it this way: Carrington (sp?) has been just as successful with his swagger sushhh  approach. And if anything, his online antics have gotten under the skin of some opposing teams' fans.

The outcome justifies the process. To pretend otherwise is just needing to having an opinion.

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

From the PSU board.  Several pages long but some good stuff.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Board/18/Contents/Andre-White-Committed-117774027

It's fucking disturbing to go to the Pedo site and see a pic of the Jo Pa rape enabler statue. Fuck them and fuck Joe Pa; I like they are contributing to more aggy tears though.

22 hours ago, Machinator said:

Db4CUORU0AAKkYG.jpg

That woman is an idiot. She's a supposed FSU booster who stopped contributing because the FSU admin called Jimbo's bluff and told him to pound sand.

However.....FSU's booster contributions have increased ever since Jimbo overplayed his hand. Go figure!!

As for Jimbo in stealth mode.....Bullshit. Jimbo had his pick of the litter in Florida because Miami and UF were down. Started getting tougher for him with Richt at Miami and Smart at UGA.

47 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

That woman is an idiot. She's a supposed FSU booster who stopped contributing because the FSU admin called Jimbo's bluff and told him to pound sand.

Is she like one of the slew of "opposing team fans" who tells the aggies weekly how classy they are and how much she loved hanging out at the Dixie Chicken for the Aggies vs. Waco High game?

13 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Is she like one of the slew of "opposing team fans" who tells the aggies weekly how classy they are and how much she loved hanging out at the Dixie Chicken for the Aggies vs. Waco High game?

Nah, straight stalker. She moved to the Woodlands to be closer to Jimbo.

Time to update the Perroni article. Could see an addition 3-4 strikethroughs in the coming month.

A realistic 2019 scenario: Absolute monster class for A&M
by Brian Perroni

Texas A&M closed out the class of 2018 incredibly strong and the new staff has also started the class of 2019 off with a bang as well. The Aggies currently sit at No. 4 in the team rankings and have a very real shot to finish with their best class ever.

Here is a very early look at a realistic potential class. Not all these players will end up as Aggies but A&M has the potential to land each and every one of them.

Also, there are names not on the list that will likely become serious targets. Jimbo Fisher and Co. will go across the nation looking for talent but those names are not on this list yet. Two positions that is likely to happen at are linebacker and offensive guard.

QB Grant Gunnell, Houston St. Pius: The first commit in the class, Gunnell is still taking other visits and there is definitely cause for concern. If he does not end up in the class, Fisher and Co. will look to find another player at the position relatively quickly to get it shored up.

RB Isaiah Spiller, Klein Collins: A current Oklahoma pledge, Spiller is an Aggie legacy and spent this past Sunday in College Station. The four-star is a legitimate candidate to flip from the Sooners.

WR Kam Brown, Colleyville Heritage: A&M got its speed receiver for the class in the former UCLA commit as the four-star pledged to the Aggies over the weekend.

WR Chase Lane, Houston St. Pius: Lane has very good speed for the slot. He committed at the same time as Gunnell and the two are teammates and very good friends. He will likely end up with Gunnell if the QB does go elsewhere.

WR Theo Wease, Allen: The nation's No. 29 overall prospect did not have an offer from the previous staff but that has quickly changed. The one-time OU commit is very high on A&M. OU Commit

WR Arjei Henderson, Fort Bend Travis: Henderson and Wease want to play together in college. They previously committed to the Sooners together at the same time. The numbers are going to get interesting at receiver with so many good ones in the state. OU Commit

TE/H Elijah Higgins, Austin Bowie: The 6-3/215 four-star prospect is a high school receiver that some project to be a tight end. He has serious speed for his size and an offer list to back it up. He left A&M this past weekend with the Aggies in good shape. Higgins will likely see his ranking go up as other services adjust theirs.

TE/H Nnamdi Adim-Madumere, Fort Worth Southwest: Another high school receiver, expect the 6-3/225 junior to see his offer list increase a ton this spring and to likely shoot up the rankings as well. A&M was his first Power Five offer and I have a CB in on him to the Aggies.

OT Kenyon Green, Atasocita: The state's top-ranked player, the Aggies are in very good shape with the five-star tackle. He publicly named A&M his leader and it is going to take a lot of work by another school to keep him from being an Aggie.

OT Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest: The 6-7/305 junior looks the part of a future NFL left tackle. He and Green want to play together at the next level and A&M has done a very good job with him. Shepherd is another I expect to shoot up the rankings once more people see him in person.

DE Braedon Mowry, Katy Taylor: It looks like an A&M/OU battle for Mowry with the Aggie in very good shape. A&M has built a pipeline with Katy Taylor and the four-star DE looks likely to be the next to head to College Station.

DE Marcus Stripling, Katy Mayde Creek: The 6-2.5/260 defender was blown away by the new staff in Aggieland. He was already really high on A&M and is in College Station frequently to see friends. It is likely an A&M/OU battle but the Aggies are positioned well.

DT DeMarvin Leal, Converse Judson: Leal is another player I expect will see his ranking continue to rise as people actually see him in person. He is incredibly disruptive on the line and has a chance to finish in the discussions as the state's top player. He is a relatively quiet kid but has long been high on A&M.

DT Josh Ellison, A&M Consolidated: As long as he gets his academics in order, the local four-star prospect is going to see his offer list increase even more. He is high on both A&M and TCU early but he very well could stay in town to play his college ball.

DE/LB NaNa Osafo-Mensah, Fort Worth Nolan: A&M has a battle on its hands but Osafo-Mensah is the state's top edge rusher and a big priority target for the Aggies. He was in College Station this past weekend.

LB Marcel Brooks, Flower Mound Marcus: The fast and hard-hitting linebacker has never shown much interest in A&M but the new staff changed that. He will be in College Station on Saturday with the Fast 7v7 team and his reaction will be interesting. He's the top pure linebacker in the state by far but the Aggies have work to do to catch up. LSU Commit

CB Bobby Wolfe, Houston Madison: A&M beat out numerous other teams for the 6-3/190 four-star prospect when he committed this past Sunday. Wolfe is an incredibly physical corner.

CB Marquez Beason, Dallas Bishop Dunne: There was thought that the national top 100 prospect could have possibly shut things down last weekend. That did not happen but I could still see it happening in the near future. Illinois Commit

CB Erick Young, Fort Bend Bush: Young and Wolfe are best friends and have long said they want to play together in college. The 6-1/195 four-star is a big-time A&M target and many expect he will be an Aggie as well.

CB Jeffery Carter, Aledo: This one is going to be a battle but the Aggie built some serious momentum by having him on campus each of the past two weekends. The former Oklahoma commit is close with Adim-Madumere and the two could very well end up together. Carter also plays on the same 7-on-7 team as several other players on this list.

S Brian Williams, Dallas Bishop Dunne: The five-star defender has already committed to A&M and has become a vocal leader in the class. Landing him a couple weeks back was huge for the Aggies.

S Demani Richardson, Waxahachie: The 6-2/205 defender loves to hit and does a great job in coverage. There was a ton of buzz out of College Station this past weekend and he was one of the players that came away very impressed.

K Caden Davis, Coppell: If not the country's top kicker for the class, he's very close. Davis committed to the previous staff and wants to be an Aggie, so he will be if the new staff decides to still take a kicker. More will likely be clear once a special teams coach is named and a kicking coach hired.

This class of 23 prospects would be incredibly loaded. Several of them are likely to see huge jumps in their current rankings as well.

Even before those players see their rankings rise, the 23 players listed would give A&M a team total of 301.24 with the current rankings. That would have finished No. 3 this year, No. 4 in 2017 and No. 2 in 2016.

Other players considered for inclusion:

WR Jordan Whittington, Cuero: Will A&M have room for that many receivers? Can the Aggies supplant Texas as the perceived current leader? Whittington is very, very good player and will be interesting to follow. Texas Commit

WR Jalen Curry, Houston St. Pius: Curry is a teammate of Gunnell and Lane and was also a Florida State commitment under Fisher. The receiver numbers are going to play a big role here as well.

TE Austin Stogner, Plano Prestonwood: A current OU commit, Stogner was high on both A&M and FSU when he committed to the Sooners. He is going to give the Aggies a long look and is also close friends with Gunnell. 

OL Branson Bragg, Crandall: The lone in-state interior lineman with an A&M offer, Bragg admits to growing up a big fan of Texas. He could be an in-state battle.

OL EJ Ndoma-Ogar, Allen: The four-star offensive guard has not received an A&M offer at this point but he is the type of player the Aggies have gone after on the interior recently. OU Commit

DE T'Vondre Sweat, Huntsville: From an hour down the road, Sweat says he grew up a big A&M fan. He was also visited by Fisher and several other Aggie coaches. He was once close to committing but has slowed things down a bit. Texas Commit

OT Tyler Johnson, Conroe Oak Ridge: The national top 100 prospect has a top three of A&M, OU and Texas. He has always seemingly liked the Longhorns, though, and was not at the Super Bowl event over the weekend.

CB Marcus Banks, Spring Dekaney: Banks has been on campus numerous times and A&M is one team he always mentions. The numbers at corner could get interesting as well, though.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:29 PM, Ricky Butler said:

He is known for changing his mind once he gets a closer look at things.

touche.

and after watching that linebackers film, he's missing a step to be elite, but sure seems to diagnose and wrap up well in smaller spaces, neither of which we've done well in a decade or two. i would think the chances of hanging onto a guy from harrisburg PA that penn state actually wants are pretty minimal, but we'll see. there's a wide open depth chart in front of him for sure. 

Is there an A&M version of surlyhorns that tracks what the beat writers in College Station are covering? Honest question. I always appreciate the free stuff that sarva and others post here from time to time, but this year it seems there are many recruiting targets that don't overlap between the two schools so may be there isn't as much interest in the recruits the A&M sites are talking about or that coaches are supposedly visiting.

7 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Is there an A&M version of surlyhorns that tracks what the beat writers in College Station are covering? Honest question. I always appreciate the free stuff that sarva and others post here from time to time, but this year it seems there are many recruiting targets that don't overlap between the two schools so may be there isn't as much interest in the recruits the A&M sites are talking about or that coaches are supposedly visiting.

Not really. Right now you've got Perroni talking to the kids and some trainers. Hamm reports directly from the Houston trainers. Damon, much like EJ, knows fuckall unless the DFW trainers tell him. Brauninger is a mouthpiece for the AD so any info he has comes there, and Wiltfong is Elko's bitch, so anything he has comes directly from there. 

After the infamous 0-fer most of the Aggy (and Texas) guys stopped posting trends and CBs, etc based on the players because they realized that Hamm got worked over pretty bad (because he ruined a couple of announcements) and that the twitter/snap age has built a more savvy, and more troll-capable recruit (the TCU guys still go by the players a lot, which is fun to watch). This and general laziness has led to our current trainer-led model of information on Texas recruits. 

I think most of the time the stuff that Perroni posts ends up here and it doesn't matter if Texas is interested or not. Damon's shit doesn't end up here because it's fucking terrible, two weeks behind and directly from 2-3 sources that we all know. Some of the Texags stuff ends up here as does the choice Hamm shit. SECRant used to have more of the Texags stuff but it hasn't seemed to be posted much for the 2019 and beyond kids and most of them now seem to be 2-3 weeks behind anything being discussed here on Surly.  

• Like 2

Yea, from what I can tell there is definitely a bigger Longhorn blogosphere and information channels. Most of the A&M sites are honestly not readable due to very poor writing by the owners as well as the most regular posters; most of them also seem to have little to no sense of humor, or know sarcasm... good bull hunting being an exception (but they don't really cover recruiting).  I guess twitter has ruined this stuff...

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Yea, from what I can tell there is definitely a bigger Longhorn blogosphere and information channels. Most of the A&M sites are honestly not readable due to very poor writing by the owners as well as the most regular posters; most of them also seem to have little to no sense of humor, or know sarcasm... good bull hunting being an exception (but they don't really cover recruiting).  I guess twitter has ruined this stuff...

Or, y'know, it's because our university is better than yours.

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 2

This past weekend, Texas A&M hosted only one official visitor - Spring Dekaney cornerback Marcus Banks. Because he was the only one on campus, the 6-foot, 170-pound defender was able to spend a lot of time with the Aggie coaches.

"Everywhere I went, Jimbo Fisher was there," Banks said of the A&M head coach. "That was really cool. We got a lot of attention since there weren't any other visitors. They really let me know that they wanted me. It was Coach Fisher, Coach (Mike) Elko and Coach Mo (Maurice Linguist) pretty much everywhere we went. I had all of their attention."

Banks was excited about the food heading into the trip and he said it did not disappoint.

"Oh my goodness, the food was incredible," he said. "We had food like everywhere we turned. We had lobster, blue crab and a whole bunch of other really good food. I've never eaten so well."

One meal in particular, though, was the highlight of the trip for Banks.

"The best part of the trip, we had gone up to a private area by Kyle Field and they had a private crawfish boil set up for us," he said. "They knew my mom loves crawfish so they had surprised us with that. I'm guessing it was coach Elko's idea. It was really cool that they did that special just for her."

Banks was also able to hang out with some players while on campus.

The safety KC (Keldrick Carper), he was my host," Banks said. "His roommate was Anthony Hines and we all hung out a lot. It was nice to see how the players actually lived and what day-to-day life would be like."

Banks' next visit is to Texas this coming weekend.

"I just want to enjoy my time up there," he said. "I want to see the side of things you don't get to see on an unofficial visit. You only have so much time to see things on an unofficial so I want to see what the players' everyday life is like.

"I know my host is going to be Caden Sterns so I want to get to hang out with him and bond with the other players as well."

Banks has not set up any other officials but that could change soon.

"I just talked to coach (Corey) Raymond and coach (Bill) Busch from LSU," he said on Monday evening. "We talked about me getting up there for my official visit. It's going to likely be in early June. I'm supposed to call them back tomorrow and we'll probably set the exact date."

For now, though, Banks just wants to enjoy the process and do all the research he can.

"A&M helped themselves on the visit, they helped themselves a lot," he said. "They're up there in my top group. But I'm taking it slow and taking all my officials and I'll have a decision before the season starts

Not really recruiting related but this thread from the FSU board is pretty fucking awesome - OP talks to a friend who is a scout who gives his opinion on the FSU guys. Not a bunch of glowing endorsements, and so then the board shits all over him. He's an idiot. He made it all up. etc ... 

Examples ::

Tavares McFadden is trash. No draft grade given.....effort sucks and attitude sucks.

OL is pure trash....but we already knew that much

- The only person that piqued their interest was Rick Leonard.

Fast forward to draft weekend and it was 100% correct. Startlingly so. Crow is served. Idiots who piled on the OP try to save face, look even worse. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Board/36/Contents/An-outside-source-from-an-NFL-scout-brace-yourself-108766289

• Like 2

^ pretty much confirms that Jimbo and staff had decided this was going to be their last season at FSU and were in the "kiss my ass" mode. 

certainly interesting reading, and the psyche of the over-the-top fans (of any of the big brand schools) is kinda funny to see through those posts... everyone gets defensive about "their" team and "their" players... sometimes, to the point of being blind even after its clear to the rest of the world that they weren't all going to make it to the NFL.

10 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

^ pretty much confirms that Jimbo and staff had decided this was going to be their last season at FSU and were in the "kiss my ass" mode. 

certainly interesting reading, and the psyche of the over-the-top fans (of any of the big brand schools) is kinda funny to see through those posts... everyone gets defensive about "their" team and "their" players... sometimes, to the point of being blind even after its clear to the rest of the world that they weren't all going to make it to the NFL.

Yep.  Roster mismanagement in juniors and seniors definitely evidences that Jimbo had only decided to mail it in over the last twelve months.  Feel free to ignore the reasons they reached that problem in the first place.

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

Haha. You're crazy. He was RUNNING THE PROGRAM FOR 8 YEARS. It's called throwing in the towel when you're overwhelmed, losing control, and can't tread water anymore.

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

2 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

Yep.  Roster mismanagement in juniors and seniors definitely evidences that Jimbo had only decided to mail it in over the last twelve months.  Feel free to ignore the reasons they reached that problem in the first place.

LOL Katfid. Such a tu homer. Everyone knows O lines are built in a single year. Jimbo's OL being somewhere between warm dogshit and something you'd see on the Vic Mackey's Friend's Food Thread was only because Jimbo got mad that FSU finally called his bluff after threatening to leave every offseason for years on end. It in no way means that he might suck at OL management and development or that he's going to threaten to leave A&M every year he doesn't win a national title, which will be every year anyways.  Besides what university besides the University of Texas (A&M) could possibly better handle having its coach threaten to leave every single offseason? It's not like every person associated with that university struggles from small dick syndrome or they preposterously gave him a future national championship trophy already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Not really recruiting related but this thread from the FSU board is pretty fucking awesome - OP talks to a friend who is a scout who gives his opinion on the FSU guys. Not a bunch of glowing endorsements, and so then the board shits all over him. He's an idiot. He made it all up. etc ... 

Examples ::

Fast forward to draft weekend and it was 100% correct. Startlingly so. Crow is served. Idiots who piled on the OP try to save face, look even worse. 

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Board/36/Contents/An-outside-source-from-an-NFL-scout-brace-yourself-108766289

this is glorious.  after dryholings by dabo and saban, the entire annual aggycycle could be thrown in to chaos.  on the first page of that article is a nolehomer laughing because Tavares McFadden is a lock going 1st round and therefore the rest of the article is null.  McFadden went undrafted and signed as FA with SF.

17 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Guys, guys, you're reading this all wrong. Every report out of College Station is that Jimbo has changed the culture. That couldn't possibly be true if any of those lies about FSU being trash had been true. Forget looking at records or tape or anything... he's changed the culture.

He most certainly has changed the culture around him.  I mean who wouldn't want to go from having a hot piece of ass always around to having an endless supply of homoerotic milkmen at your disposal?