Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:
12 hours ago, Orange^White said:
Am I the only one that finds all of the cuck and Candi shit ridiculously overplayed and unfunny?

Not at all. He found out she was banging dudes and left. That's the polar opposite of the definition of cuck.

How do you know that is what happened? What if I told you her curiosity started when Jimbo told her he had cuck in his dna...

Brian Perroni 63733 posts

9 hours agoVIP

Converse Judson defensive lineman DeMarvin Lealwas thought to be a heavy Texas lean for quite some time before committing on his official visit (and announcing a few days later) to Texas A&M last month. It completely took the Longhorns by surprise. However, A&M and especially Tim Brewster had been working on him for some time.

If you’ll remember, Brewster had tweeted a few weeks prior that he knew who the next Myles Garrett would be in Aggieland. It was assumed he was talking about Braedon Mowry as the four-star end had an announcement scheduled soon after. However, it was about Leal as Brewster had built a strong relationship with both Leal and his family.

Leal made an official visit to Texas this past weekend. Obviously, that’s something A&M would prefer not happen. However, it did not take them by surprise and there has never been a Jimbo Fisher ‘no-visit policy.’

The trip to Austin went well from all accounts but A&M is still confident in getting Leal’s signature when all is said and done. They absolutely love him and consider him even better than his current ranking as the No. 74 player in the nation. The entire staff is involved in his recruitment. Brewster and Terry Price were recently at his school for a 6 a.m. practice.

Leal is also likely going to take an Alabama official visit at some point as well. Again, it is something the Aggies would prefer he not do, but they still feel confident he will sign with A&M at the end of the day.

Leal has never gone to camps and doesn’t do a ton of ‘recruiting’ events so he doesn’t know a bunch of other prospects. There aren’t a bunch of guys in his ear about either school, to be honest. But he does have a great relationship with the Aggie staff and A&M is going to work incredibly hard to hold on to him.

I believe he will remain an Aggie commit and sign in December

"Leal made an official visit to Texas this past weekend. Obviously, that’s something A&M would prefer not happen. However, it did not take them by surprise and there has never been a Jimbo Fisher ‘no-visit policy.’ ".

Say What? (Really confused look).

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

"Leal made an official visit to Texas this past weekend. Obviously, that’s something A&M would prefer not happen. However, it did not take them by surprise and there has never been a Jimbo Fisher ‘no-visit policy.’ ".

Say What? (Really confused look).

where did the no-visit thing get started? i honestly don't know.

also, for horns247 and gigem247 to be putting out articles this fucking inane in may does not bode well for this recruiting cycle. 

Nahlin has this to say on the no-visit policy:

FISHER'S NO VISIT POLICY

Does it exist? I'd be remiss if I didn't post A&M writers are saying there is no such policy in place. 

It was my understanding the reason Bobby Wolfe de-committed was because he wasn't allowed to take visits. I also still expect Bobby Wolfe to commit to A&M.

There are some anecdotal bits I've heard as well but I need to check further.

Pressuring a kid to not visit another school is not the same as a no visit policy which is why it's imperative visits stay under the radar for as long as possible.

I'm still hunting information and up against time on an errand, which means I'll have more recruiting stuff later today or in the a.m. 

Someone can go back and find the early days article from this cycle by Liucci, Hamm, or Perroni where they talk of Fisher viewing committing as something akin to marriage, and no, I am not kidding, and then there is braggadocio around what that will mean to players who want to visit elsewhere. This is not some figment of UT fanbois' imagination or a conjuring from those dastardly dynamic thinkers such as Nahlin, Holland, and Ketchum. It's from January or February and was posted on Shaggy, for sure. 

Just now, closetojumping said:

Someone can go back and find the early days article from this cycle by Liucci, Hamm, or Perroni where they talk of Fisher viewing committing as something akin to marriage, and no, I am not kidding, and then there is braggadocio around what that will mean to players who want to visit elsewhere. This is not some figment of UT fanbois' imagination or a conjuring from those dastardly dynamic thinkers such as Nahlin, Holland, and Ketchum. It's from January or February and was posted on Shaggy, for sure. 

there's fucking video of that shit. 

Also, did Chase Lane stay in his car while is his 7 on 7 team visited LSU? Yes. Why? exactly. 

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Literally the first hit from a google search for "jimbo fisher no visit policy marriage":

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Jimbo-Fisher-compares-recruiting-to-marriage-Texas-AM-116016434

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Also, did Chase Lane stay in his car while is his 7 on 7 team visited LSU? Yes. Why? exactly. 

Thank you. Now we have a machine gun too, ho-ho-ho.

Any time the fucking mouthbreathers and obfuscators elsewhere in aggiedom toss out nonsense about this concept being a UT conjuring, someone on those boards can throw this shit right back in their duplicitous fucking faces. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thank you. Now we have a machine gun too, ho-ho-ho.

Any time the fucking mouthbreathers and obfuscators elsewhere in aggiedom toss out nonsense about this concept being a UT conjuring, someone on those boards can throw this shit right back in their duplicitous fucking faces. 

Logic and evidence don't matter to those fucking waterheads. They've already spun and accepted as fact as there is a huge difference between a No Visit Policy and Continuing To Recruit Other Players At Their Position If They Keep Visiting Other Schools. "That's how every staff does it, and how it should be done." You can't argue with someone with their head in the sand because they can't hear shit except their own thoughts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Brian Perroni 63733 post

Leal made an official visit to Texas this past weekend. Obviously, that’s something A&M would prefer not happen. However, it did not take them by surprise and there has never been a Jimbo Fisher ‘no-visit policy.’

giphy.gif 

It is Jimbo we're talking about...he may very well not like the idea of commits taking visits, but how many guys did Candi schtup before he finally pulled the plug on their marriage? He may not like commits visiting other schools, but just like his marriage, what can he really do about it. We'll probably hear that he pulled some kid's offer hours before a flip, but that is no different than Jimbo divorcing Candi after she took the length and breadth of Tallahassee for several years.

“You can’t stop them from visiting,” Fisher said. “But at the same time, I always say this, you have to be aware that [coaches] can’t quit recruiting kids either. If they don’t continue to visit [other schools], that’s great. If you quit, we quit. It’s not a threat, but it’s part of that you have to do.”

does this go back to FSU? have any of his commits ever lost their spot involuntarily after taking visits? 

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Does it exist?  A no visit policy?  Well, if it did, it don't exist anymore.  Leal has opened the gates for all "committed" aggys now.

Pretty true. Now our staff can say, "Jimbo didn't have any issue with Leal visiting us, why shouldn't you be able to see what we have to offer? Also, free stay at the Four Seasons. Who doesn't love bathrobes."

31 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Does it exist?  A no visit policy?  Well, if it did, it don't exist anymore.  Leal has opened the gates for all "committed" aggys now.

that's why i was asking whether or not he's ever actually told a recruit they no longer had a spot as a result of taking visits. guys like leal, richardson, and williams are never going to have that happen, regardless of what they do. chase lane may be a better example of the type of recruit this would work on but he also doesn't have a bunch of blueblood programs beating down his door.

. . . except he never talks about a no-visit policy, and in fact literally says the same generic coach speak that every program in the country spouts: "keep taking visits and we're going to keep recruiting to your position."

some of you are smarter than this. 

11 minutes ago, bizzle said:

. . . except he never talks about a no-visit policy, and in fact literally says the same generic coach speak that every program in the country spouts: "keep taking visits and we're going to keep recruiting to your position."

some of you are smarter than this. 

“You can’t stop them from visiting,” Fisher said. “But at the same time, I always say this, you have to be aware that [coaches] can’t quit recruiting kids either. If they don’t continue to visit [other schools], that’s great. If you quit, we quit. It’s not a threat, but it’s part of that you have to do.”

Context matters, and the reality of it is that this is the public framing of telling a player behind closed doors that if he visits another school, they could well either yank his scholarship offer, or remove a starting spot promise from the equation. If you want to argue otherwise and you think you've spoken to enough people who aren't salt of the earth aggie morons that cover the program, then by all means, walk it on out there. Otherwise, this discussion isn't a matter of smarts - it's a matter of data. 

There are players committed to ATM that are afraid to get out of their car when on the campus of another program, due to concerns over losing their offer if they're perceived as involved in other discussions. You're either spinning on your program's behalf, ignorant of the realities being presented in this cycle, or so far in the tank for your program that you're incapable of having a rational dialogue if you can't see that there's plenty of reason to take the position that this is a "no visit policy". 

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

I swear, Jimbo's parents played MBTF press conferences for white noise when it was bedtime. The guy does not shut the fuck up and flip-flops the entire diatribe. What meds is this lunatic on? He can't stay still. 

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

or so far in the tank for your program that you're incapable of having a rational dialogue 

that's actually tattooed on my ass. 

and again, from you of all people, someone on the recruiting board who seems to be a functioning member of society - of course context and data matter. demarvin leal just took a visit and we didn't cut him loose. see how stupid this entire discussion is? 

and if you think jimbo is out here promising starting spots to kids, you really don't know how his pitch works. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

that's actually tattooed on my ass. 

and again, from you of all people, someone on the recruiting board who seems to be a functioning member of society - of course context and data matter. demarvin leal just took a visit and we didn't cut him loose. see how stupid this entire discussion is? 

and if you think jimbo is out here promising starting spots to kids, you really don't know how his pitch works. 

Enlighten us on how it works then. 

8 minutes ago, bizzle said:

...of course context and data matter. demarvin leal just took a visit and we didn't cut him loose. see how stupid this entire discussion is? 

Just because Leal told Bilbo to go pound sand on his implicit threat doesn't mean it's an invalid discussion.  Boomhauer was simply made to be a cuck once again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Just because Leal told Bilbo to go pound sand on his implicit threat doesn't mean it's an invalid discussion.  Boomhauer was simply made to be a cuck once again.

i don't understand anything happening here, but that obviously isn't the first time.

16 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean the world isn't out there to get me!

There is no come back to that! :D

46 minutes ago, Bamboozled73 said:

I forgot Leon O’Neal was the 4th or 5th best in Texas last year...Didn’t he lose his spot at Texas, Clemson, and some other place...his starting position was also guaranteed to Brian williams and Richardson before he even plays a single down...Lol. 

He was definitely behind Sterns, Foster, Overshown, and Vongor, imo. Maybe some others too like Christian Morgan and Cam Jones. 

Oddly enough, Clemson actually did want him late and were pushing for him. Bama thought about bringing him in for an OV late and it ended up not happening. Aggies will tell you it was because he decided not to, while Bama mods would laugh at thiat. 

5 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean the world isn't out there to get me!

There is no come back to that! :D

Invalid summary.  Leal basically said go ahead, recruit over me, I'm going to go where I want.  Jimbo now has no credibility on the no visit issue.  

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Invalid summary.  Leal basically said go ahead, recruit over me, I'm going to go where I want.  Jimbo now has no credibility on the no visit issue.  

Ya'll keep bringing up "no visit policy"; it's sort of like a straw man, and if it makes ya'll feel great to beat up on the straw man, have at it. Great that you got Leal on campus. You've tried hard to get Richardson on campus. 

It's hard to disprove a negative.  Horns blogosphere insists there is/was a no visit policy; since there isn't one, but you can't provide a proof for a negative, then you're always put on the defensive.  It's actually not a bad coping mechanism. ;)