Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

2nd comment is good

LP
13 hours ago
So with child support based off 10 million, him most likely buying the home she is living in and not having to work, why wouldn't you move. She pretty much went through the FSU campus when they were married so a fresh start all the way around.

I guess the Center for Misinformation passed down a decree because Tarp is at it again, this time from the same highlight video but a later play where Jimbo shows his incredible acumen for combining spread elements into his offense. "Using Rogers as a TE produces winning score in spring game" 

Clearly this is something that the AD is pushing right? Got to keep those credentials. I mean, 2 days in a row, 2 plays from the spring game that happened a month ago that focus on the use of the TE, the "innovation", the "adding of spread concepts". Each analyzed to death.  

This is third and goal from inside the five with less than a minute left. The objective here is to get three points to take the lead but that’s probably not safe with Nick Starkel, Jhamon Ausbon, and Jace Sternberger having produced big plays for the Maroon team. Thus, the White team gets in a run heavy formation but uses wideouts instead of tight ends in an 11 personnel grouping. Three receivers are set to the right side with Camron Buckley (normally a slot) as a in line tight end which provides the possibility of a mismatch with a backer or safety off of play action. However, that’s not the objective here.

A&M goes pistol and runs outside zone to the three receiver side. You’ll notice the offensive linemen stepping playside in order to attack the outside shoulder of the defenders they’re responsible for which cuts off penetration that would also disrupt a pass. However, there’s a couple of elements to this play that are less noticeable.

First, Kendrick Rogers is essentially lined up as an extra tight end outside the formation. He doesn’t go playside at the snap like everyone else; instead, he comes back across the formation to the backside of the play. The defenders to the playside that should be responsible for him focus on the run action because hey…the White team is doing the smart thing, running the ball, and kicking the field goal, right?

Instead, Rogers runs the along the line and his track is deeper than it should because a player gets pushed backwards and he has to avoid him. Nonetheless, quarterback Kellen Mond has done a good job of selling the play fake, keeping his eyes playside until he fakes the handoff and turns the other way. Mond does a good job of adjusting to a deeper depth due to the rush, getting his feet underneath him on the move, and delivering the ball to Rogers some seven yards behind the line of scrimmage. Keep in mind that due to the fact that some defenders got through that it’s unlikely that the play is drawn up so that Rogers gets the ball that deep in the backfield (look back at the A&M-Louisville video to ascertain the depth that the tight end caught the ball on that play).

Nonetheless, the formation (just one wideout to the open side) and effect of the run action has drawn all of the defenders to the boundary. When Rogers gets the ball, there’s no one outside of him. As our second element, pay attention to left tackle Kellen Diesch. He’s let his man go after initially chipping him and now is on the move to the outside as if he is on a screen. There’s no one there for Diesch to block because the wideout to that side, Hezekiah Jones, has really locked in on his man and turned him to the inside and away from the pylon to provide a running lane for Rogers to the corner. Diesch has to turn back inside to look for someone to block. Linebacker Ikenna Okeke has given his all chasing the play but is too late as Rogers crosses the stripe.

It’s noteworthy to me that despite the fact that Fisher didn’t have enough tight ends in the spring to use 12 or even 13 personnel on this play the alignment was sufficient to sell the run action and Rogers was a fitting substitute as a pass catcher. Not only that, the play could have been knocked off schedule by the pass rush and yet both Rogers and Mond made adjustments on the fly to get the desired result anyway.

Overall, the play was a combination of a concept and play call at just the right time in the game that forced the Maroon team to have to drive for a touchdown to tie the game as opposed to attempting a field goal. It’s another example of what Fisher brings to A&M’s offense and how Aggie players make his concepts work even when things don’t go exactly as planned.

Tarp points how how Louisville used the TE in the first play of this highlight "That’s a 250 pound player generating a Christian Kirk like gain." vs. A&M and how Fisher is using similar concepts to score against? A&M. 

Lville vs. Aggy (first play) :: 

Jimbo and his brilliance vs. Aggy (2:37) ::

was excited to see some of the replies to the Leal Update thread, some Aggy bravado or anything. Instead only one sad reply after 2 hours of the thread being up and of course it's whining about a Texas writer and the "no visit policy". 

"Can you get Jeff Howe and co of the article he wrote to admit there is no “no visit policy” in one of their articles?"

nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

Jimbo was threatening to recruit over a commit who kept visiting other schools.  It's not a "no visit" policy per se but it's certainly a threat.  And Leal told him to shove it.  Admit that, aggys.

Jimbo also said he understands a lot of these young men have never been far beyond their hometowns and won't turn down 5 free vacations.  

UT offered to treat Leal to a weekend at the lake and live music, and he took advantage of it.  I would have, too.

And, "if you're gonna keep looking around, so will we" is not a threat.  It would be stupid not to do so.

The whole no visit policy was and is msg board fiction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Jimbo also said he understands a lot of these young men have never been far beyond their hometowns and won't turn down 5 free vacations.  

UT offered to treat Leal to a weekend at the lake and live music, and he took advantage of it.  I would have, too.

And, "if you're gonna keep looking around, so will we" is not a threat.  It would be stupid not to do so.

Explain why the Aggy commit refused to get out of the car when his 7 on 7 team visited Texas. 

It's OK, I can wait. 

I don't think Jimbo has ever said "no visit policy". Aggys are sticklers like that. Well Jimbo didn't say it, the damn sips must be making it up! I think he's made it abundantly clear if a commit visits another school his spot will be recruited over. He's obviously not going to recruit over Leal, but a kid like Chase Lane better not take other visits if he wants to keep his spot. 

Where Jimbo damned himself was when he used the terribly ironic marriage analogy in the Brent Zwerneman interview. Of course he's going to open himself up to ridicule for being completely oblivious.  

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Where Jimbo damned himself was when he used the terribly ironic marriage analogy in the Brent Zwerneman interview. Of course he's going to open himself up to ridicule for being completely oblivious.  

Or he expects his commits to secretly visit a bunch of other schools and flip

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Explain why the Aggy commit refused to get out of the car when his 7 on 7 team visited Texas. 

It's OK, I can wait. 

I don't think Jimbo has ever said "no visit policy". Aggys are sticklers like that. Well Jimbo didn't say, the damn sips must be making it up! I think he's made it abundantly clear if a commit visits another school his spot will be recruited over. He's obviously not going to recruit over Leal, but a kid like Chase Lane better not take other visits if he wants to keep his spot. 

Name one big time program where that's not the case?

The only place Jimbo "damned himself" is on forums like this one and in the minds of opposing fans like yourself.  Nobody else gives a shit.

Edited by Augustus
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Name one big time program where that's not the case?

The only place Jimbo "damned himself" is in on forums like this one and in the minds of opposing fans like yourself.  Nobody else gives a shit.

Please go away. There's plenty of room in the jizz jar over on TexAgs. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Yes it is a threat. It’s a strong arm tactic. And now you aggys are trying to save face because it didn’t work. It’s a dishonest take.

• Like 1

Yes it is a threat. It’s a strong arm tactic. And now you aggys are trying to save face because it didn’t work. It’s a dishonest take.
As mentioned, not a threat to a 4 or 5 star player. But a 2 or 3 the Aggie makes a good point.

Even Oregon State tells a 2/3 star safety from Washington he has a spot unless he looks around.

This is nothing new.

Leal can commit to Alabama and go to ND or Stanford or texas or wherever for OVs and Alabama wouldn't turn him down on NSD. Very simple.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scholz said:

I don't care for it. It's manipulative. If a kid is so scared that he won't get out of the car while his friends/ride are visiting another school, it's a strong arm tactic. 

I think it's much more than well if you look around, we'll continue to look around too.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don't care for it. It's manipulative. If a kid is so scared that he won't get out of the car while his friends/ride are visiting another school, it's a strong arm tactic. 

I think it's much more than well if you look around, we'll continue to look around too.

Yep.  Notice they won't respond to that instance.  And I never said Jimbo doesn't have to look out for his own interests and roster. He's free to have his recruiting policy as he sees fit.  But for aggys to say he's not making veiled threats concerning visits is simply dishonest.  And they're being dishonest because they feel they look foolish over the Leal visit and so they're spinning.

"It'd be a shame if something happened to your scholarship offer..."

Edited by Scholz

He may have not stated pubically that there’s a no-visit policy, but he did say he’d have a #1 or #2 recruiting class, so I can’t wait to hear his explanation/excuse when that doesn’t happen. 

Just now, EZ$ said:

He may have not stated pubically that there’s a no-visit policy, but he did say he’d have a #1 or #2 recruiting class, so I can’t wait to hear his explanation/excuse when that doesn’t happen. 

It's usually best to under-promise and over-deliver but this is another way to go I guess.  I'm sure his objective fanbase will understand.