Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

"It doesn’t get much more challenging than that."

Yes.  Truly.  The 3 high school teams scheduled OOC every year for the aggys couldn't be more daunting.  This year, UAB, UL Monroe and something called Northwestern St. make up a virtual juggernaut.

Not too mention that South Carolina, Kentucky, LSU, and Ole Miss are not very good. While Arkansas and Mississippi State have new coaches. They face 3 good teams in Auburn, Alabama, and Clemson. The rest of the schedule is somewhere between complete joke to average 7 win P5 school.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not too mention that South Carolina, Kentucky, LSU, and Ole Miss are not very good. While Arkansas and Mississippi State have new coaches. They face 3 good teams in Auburn, Alabama, and Clemson. The rest of the schedule is somewhere between complete joke to average 7 win P5 school.

I disagree. Fundamentally.

South Carolina is good and getting better. They will have an extremely well-coached defense with talent, and they have developing stud at QB who should only now be entering his freshman year of college. 

Kentucky is turning into a decent program under Stoops and is in line for another bowl game this year. The schedule helps, but they're not a pushover program at this point.

LSU, as much as we like to mock The Ogre, won 9 games last year and returns a stout defense. I expect them to continue to decline, but they're not "not very good". 

Maybe, somehow, ATM is favored in each of those games, but the prospect of them winning them all, or close to it, seems low. If they're an average team playing 6 other average teams, then I feel reasonable in expecting 3-3 from those 6 games. That, plus 0-3 against the big 3 on their list and you've got a 6-6 ball club, with a strong possibility of seeing either 5-7 and 7-5 as well.

My view is that they're not winning 7 games in the regular season. Whether they wind up 4-8 or 6-6, I won't be stunned. Higher than that and I am legitimately surprised. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

South Carolina is good and getting better. They will have an extremely well-coached defense with talent, and they have developing stud at QB who should only now be entering his freshman year of college. 

Kentucky is turning into a decent program under Stoops and is in line for another bowl game this year. The schedule helps, but they're not a pushover program at this point.

LSU, as much as we like to mock The Ogre, won 9 games last year and returns a stout defense. I expect them to continue to decline, but they're not "not very good". 

Maybe, somehow, ATM is favored in each of those games, but the prospect of them winning them all, or close to it, seems low. If they're an average team playing 6 other average teams, then I feel reasonable in expecting 3-3 from those 6 games. That, plus 0-3 against the big 3 on their list and you've got a 6-6 ball club, with a strong possibility of seeing either 5-7 and 7-5 as well.

My view is that they're not winning 7 games in the regular season. Whether they wind up 4-8 or 6-6, I won't be stunned. Higher than that and I am legitimately surprised. 

Ole Miss game could go either way as well with the way that game has gone recently. 

I wonder if ULM could give them a scare week after Clemson.  They return a lot from an offense that was pretty high powered last year.  

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I wonder if ULM could give them a scare week after Clemson.  They return a lot from an offense that was pretty high powered last year.  

As much as I would love to see ULM pull off an upset, they were only 4-8 last year. Still, if it turns into a shootout, it could get interesting.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ole Miss game could go either way as well with the way that game has gone recently. 

4 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

As much as I would love to see ULM pull off an upset, they were only 4-8 last year. Still, if it turns into a shootout, it could get interesting.

Hell, if we're reaching that far, UAB was a bowl team last year and pretty good. They're building the same way Kiffin is at FAU, so they'll have talent with anger issues. If the wheels come flying completely off of ATM next year, I guess 1-11 is possible and it would be one of those moments in life where I can't help but simultaneously recognize the work of a higher power, while also contemplating whether it gets any better and if that might not be the right moment to go out. Obviously, I think 6-6 is a far more likely outcome.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

It could go either way but Ole Miss is going to drop about 50 points on A&M's defense. 

Ole Miss is loaded on offense. NFL tackle, maybe the best WR group in the country and a really underrated QB who actually put up better numbers than Shea Patterson last year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hell, if we're reaching that far, UAB was a bowl team last year and pretty good. They're building the same way Kiffin is at FAU, so they'll have talent with anger issues. If the wheels come flying completely off of ATM next year, I guess 1-11 is possible and it would be one of those moments in life where I can't help but simultaneously recognize the work of a higher power, while also contemplating whether it gets any better and if that might not be the right moment to go out. Obviously, I think 6-6 is a far more likely outcome.

The Arkansas-Kentucky-South Carolina 3 game stretch determine the aggy season IMO.  Don't think they go 3-0, with 2-1 the best they can hope for, but I think 1-2 or 0-3 is more likely.

2 hours ago, utfan87 said:

Talked aggy commit Josh Ellison today and he said Jimbo has never directly said that visits to other schools were off-limits. Something interesting that he did say was that he would love to get offers from Florida and Michigan. Doesn't sound all that firm in his commitment. 

I think what Josh has....is a turd in the hand.

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

"It doesn’t get much more challenging than that."

Yes.  Truly.  The 3 high school teams scheduled OOC every year for the aggys couldn't be more daunting.  This year, UAB, UL Monroe and something called Northwestern St. make up a virtual juggernaut.

"A&M started upgrading its non conference schedule years ago but usually opted out of playing national programs via buyout provisions, especially during the days of the Big 12 and then early on in the SEC when the Aggies were trying to establish themselves in the league. "

So, aggy had a 6-year "phase-in" period into the big, bad sec....so now, they can start scheduling difficult OOC teams?  Right....not.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

UAB returns almost their entire starting offense. That game could be very interesting.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This time last year, I was busy opining that ATM could lose to New Mexico in November 17. Sooooooooo, as the zen master said, "we'll see ...".

And if it wasn't for the pesky 42 points they scored in the first half of that game, you'd have been right!!!

• Like 1

Well aggy did beat Nicholls State 24-14  in a squeaker week 2 last season.  ULM in week 3 and aggy still breaking in Jimbo's  offense after being embarrassed by Clemson at home the previous week sets up nicely for aggy misery or at least a few puckered butts at Pyle.  

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/2/28/17048762/uab-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

aggy fans are so convinced that Texas is cheating because of how their own 9.95ers act.  Half of the time they won't even mention Texas is an option until the recruit is obviously about to commit to Texas.  For everyone else Texas is a distant second to aggy until the recruit surprisingly  (for them) picks Texas.  When their fans are constantly fed false information about how Texas is not even an option for a recruit it probably does feel like Texas is cheating when said recruit chooses Texas.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

So aggy wants to claim that "the plan is working when they accuse you of cheating," while also accusing Texas of cheating. Makes perfect sense. 

Also Daddy98 both badmouths our top 3 class last year (only on paper) as well as claims that we cheated to get the supposedly overrated class.  Makes sense.  It's both good and bad at the same time.

Edited by Scholz

I really love all the talk about exposure when they couldn't even get their entire spring game aired. I believe it was a juggernaut of a matchup between South Carolina and Kentucky softball teams that took priority that day... At least they saw Johnny play some flag ball before the feed cut out. Poor aggy

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, closetojumping said:

Every year we say this shit just like we say about blowU. And every year the schedule sets up and these sheep fuckers pull out a few Ws that’s gets the media talking before the October rollarcoaster collapse. They likely do the same shit again. Start 5-0. Jumbo is a god. Money well spent. Everyone wants to go to shithole sheepfucking station blah blah. Then they play actual teams with a pulse and get mud holed 

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Every year we say this shit just like we say about blowU. And every year the schedule sets up and these sheep fuckers pull out a few Ws that’s gets the media talking before the October rollarcoaster collapse. They likely do the same shit again. Start 5-0. Jumbo is a god. Money well spent. Everyone wants to go to shithole sheepfucking station blah blah. Then they play actual teams with a pulse and get mud holed 

Hmmm. I'm going to guess that you haven't looked at their schedule, given this post.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

They play two teams that have a pulse in their first four games: Alabama and Clemson. I'll be floored if they're undefeated after that.

Just now, Machinator said:

They play two teams that have a pulse in their first four games: Alabama and Clemson. I'll be floored if they're undefeated after that.

The richest contract ever given to a college football coach would've been worth it in that scenario.