Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

3 minutes ago, Jester said:

Dollak and Thomas both jumping ship?  Nothing to see here.  Move along folks.

I don't believe Thomas was ever ON the ship. Just in conversations. I do wonder if we'll see him suddenly accept the job now, meaning that they basically offered to pay him 4-5x market rate. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Magically, and I don't understand how it happened, but DeRuyter was a great DC for them. They liked him when he was there, and now they talk shit about the guy like he's Gary Darnell. It's baffling. 

deruyter was great, and is a really great guy. pretty sure i drunkenly said he was one of the best DC's in the country on shaggy circa november 2010.  still don't know why he took that fresno st. job, that's a career killer. 

Brian Perroni 64448 posts

20 minutes agoVIP

At one point, Spring Dekaney cornerback Marcus Banks had pretty much been penciled in by Texas as a Longhorn commitment. While he was definitely seemingly leaning there, he kept in frequent contact with the Texas A&M coaches as well.

Banks was one of the first players visited by Jimbo Fisher after he took the job and the Aggies are very high on the 6-foot, 170-pound defender.

Banks took his first official visit at the end of last month. It was to A&M, two weeks after he had also been in town for the spring game. The next weekend, he had been scheduled to officially visit Austin, but Banks ended up calling it off.

While there was talk of him rescheduling, Banks had actually stopped talking with Texas as he had a new leader and was showing no interest in the Longhorns anymore. There was suddenly no more reciprocated communication on his part. The consensus surrounding him seems to be that A&M was able to flip the script during his visit and the Aggies took the clear lead.

He is scheduled to officially visit Alabama in mid-June but it would not be a shock if that trip did not happen either.

Banks is set to announce at The Opening Finals in Frisco, which will be held from June 30-July 2. It would not be a surprise to see both he and four-star cornerback Bobby Wolfe commit to the Aggies at the event

2 minutes ago, bizzle said:

deruyter was great, and is a really great guy. pretty sure i drunkenly said he was one of the best DC's in the country on shaggy circa november 2010.  still don't know why he took that fresno st. job, that's a career killer. 

Didn't Jeff Tedford just win 10 games at Fresno State last season?

Edited by Machinator

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't believe Thomas was ever ON the ship. Just in conversations. I do wonder if we'll see him suddenly accept the job now, meaning that they basically offered to pay him 4-5x market rate. 

Well if we're going to correct my post, it's also not really a ship.  Maybe a canoe or skiff at best.

2 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

20 minutes agoVIP

At one point, Spring Dekaney cornerback Marcus Banks had pretty much been penciled in by Texas as a Longhorn commitment. While he was definitely seemingly leaning there, he kept in frequent contact with the Texas A&M coaches as well.

Banks was one of the first players visited by Jimbo Fisher after he took the job and the Aggies are very high on the 6-foot, 170-pound defender.

Banks took his first official visit at the end of last month. It was to A&M, two weeks after he had also been in town for the spring game. The next weekend, he had been scheduled to officially visit Austin, but Banks ended up calling it off.

While there was talk of him rescheduling, Banks had actually stopped talking with Texas as he had a new leader and was showing no interest in the Longhorns anymore. There was suddenly no more reciprocated communication on his part. The consensus surrounding him seems to be that A&M was able to flip the script during his visit and the Aggies took the clear lead.

He is scheduled to officially visit Alabama in mid-June but it would not be a shock if that trip did not happen either.

Banks is set to announce at The Opening Finals in Frisco, which will be held from June 30-July 2. It would not be a surprise to see both he and four-star cornerback Bobby Wolfe commit to the Aggies at the event

Boy that all sounds really above-board and normal

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

20 minutes agoVIP

It’s one thing to impress a kid and move to the front in his recruitment, but it’s something else for an aggy visit to all of a sudden make him go from hot to ice cold on Texas.  The two actions are seemingly unrelated to one another. 

31 minutes ago, Scholz said:

They're bound to beat LSU at some point, right?  Once it happens, they'll convince themselves they'll never lose another game to anyone again, the euphoria will be so great.

If LSU lands Burrow, A&M isn't beating them for the next two years, at least

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s one thing to impress a kid and move to the front in his recruitment, but it’s something else for an aggy visit to all of a sudden make him go from hot to ice cold on Texas.  The two actions are seemingly unrelated to one another. 

See my post on the Texas recruiting board about Shavar Manuel. This kinda shit aint new for Jimbo.

I've seen a lot of people (ok mostly Aggy) talking about Aggy finally breaking the cycle with LSU this year, and I know it's because Orgeron is Orgeron and I do understand. At the same time, it was 45-21 last year and that was with LSU taking a knee with 1st and goal at the 5, and 2 missed FGs (one from 26 fucking yards). LSU ran at will on Aggy (2 RBs over 100) and passed for ~350 yards, as well. Complete ass kicking. 2nd year in a row with over 600 yards of offense vs. Aggy. Maybe slowing the game down JimboStyle will give the Ags a puncher's chance?   

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

If LSU lands Burrow, A&M isn't beating them for the next two years, at least

What are your thoughts on Burrow? I've never seen him. Seeing as that he could be on our schedule in the next two years by going to OU or LSU, I'm curious what your thoughts are.

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

I've seen a lot of people (ok mostly Aggy) talking about Aggy finally breaking the cycle with LSU this year, and I know it's because Orgeron is Orgeron and I do understand. At the same time, it was 45-21 last year and that was with LSU taking a knee with 1st and goal at the 5, and 2 missed FGs (one from 26 fucking yards). LSU ran at will on Aggy (2 RBs over 100) and passed for ~350 yards, as well. Complete ass kicking. 2nd year in a row with over 600 yards of offense vs. Aggy. Maybe slowing the game down JimboStyle will give the Ags a puncher's chance?   

do you even jimbo effect bro?

Edited by Bevo14

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

They also lost some talent on offense and they ran Matt Canada out of the field house and replaced him with a fucking clown. So there is that to balance as well. 

17 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

What are your thoughts on Burrow? I've never seen him. Seeing as that he could be on our schedule in the next two years by going to OU or LSU, I'm curious what your thoughts are.

My understanding is that he's an accurate, quick-thinking "gamer" type who is a decent athlete. Doesn't have a big arm or ideal size, but is considerably better than LSU's other QB options. Ohio State fans were sad to see him go.

Earlier this week he seemed Cinci bound, and now it seems like more of a toss up

Hes lower our chances of beating LSU in 2019, but he'd raise the chances of LSU beating A&M the next two years 

I think LSU beats A&M both years regardless, and I think Texas probably beats LSU even with Burrows, so I don't feel strongly about it either way

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fud said:

My understanding is that he's an accurate, quick-thinking "gamer" type who is a decent athlete. Doesn't have a big arm or ideal size, but is considerably better than LSU's other QB options. Ohio State fans were sad to see him go.

Earlier this week him seemed Cinci bound, and now it seems like more of a toss up

Hes lower our chances of beating LSU in 2019, but he'd raise the chances of LSU beating A&M the next two years 

I think LSU beats A&M both years regardless, and I think Texas probably beats LSU even with Burrows, so I don't feel strongly about it either way

Got ya. Wasn't sure if the improvement was more due to LSU's trash heap of a QB depth chart or Burrow being a big-time impact QB. Sounds more like the firs than the second.

5 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Got ya. Wasn't sure if the improvement was more due to LSU's trash heap of a QB depth chart or Burrow being a big-time impact QB. Sounds more like the firs than the second.

The way I see it is by 2019, one of their two 2017 QBs won't be terrible, or Gunnel/Quad out of 2018 won't be terrible

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

The way I see it is by 2019, one of their two 2017 QBs won't be terrible, or Gunnel/Quad out of 2018 won't be terrible

Burrows is an interesting guy. I believe he was Mr. Ohio Football coming out of high school and the staff at OSU did not want him to leave. That considered, he really showed nothing at any point to merit optimism as a player besides at best being a game manager and, frankly, more realistically a dependable backup. I’d be fine seeing him go to OU or LSU. 

OU has tipped their hand in pursuing Burrows doggedly, and they are pursuing him in that manner. They apparently have been given feedback that Murray is getting high pick interest from MLB and he’s being asked to forego football by everyone interested. They also are not very high on Austin Kendall.  

• Like 1

Just now, bizzle said:

i actually didn't realize that. that's pretty fucking impressive. 

He and that dude with the biker mustache have both done well there recently. That area is like East Texas - lots of raw talent that SC and OU don't take that a good coach can do a lot with. They also can pull under-recruited kids from LA and the Bay with the proximity angle.

21 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Burrows is an interesting guy. I believe he was Mr. Ohio Football coming out of high school and the staff at OSU did not want him to leave. That considered, he really showed nothing at any point to merit optimism as a player besides at best being a game manager and, frankly, more realistically a dependable backup. I’d be fine seeing him go to OU or LSU. 

OU has tipped their hand in pursuing Burrows doggedly, and they are pursuing him in that manner. They apparently have been given feedback that Murray is getting high pick interest from MLB and he’s being asked to forego football by everyone interested. They also are not very high on Austin Kendall.  

We're not necessarily in disagreement here. I think he's better than LSU's 2017 QB takes for 2018 and 2019, which isn't saying a lot. He makes LSU better, but they're beating A&M anyway both years, and we're beating them in 2019. It's also interesting that Florida and Nebraska didn't push for him, but that could also be indicative of him not being a system fit. 

Even with a functional retard running the team, LSU will still out-talent A&M, at least for the next couple of years before LSU's weak 2018 classes and on start to mature and take over the team. 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

He and that dude with the biker mustache have both done well there recently. That area is like East Texas - lots of raw talent that SC and OU don't take that a good coach can do a lot with. They also can pull under-recruited kids from LA and the Bay with the proximity angle.

Pat hill, right?

49 minutes ago, Fud said:

We're not necessarily in disagreement here. I think he's better than LSU's 2017 QB takes for 2018 and 2019, which isn't saying a lot. He makes LSU better, but they're beating A&M anyway both years, and we're beating them in 2019. It's also interesting that Florida and Nebraska didn't push for him, but that could also be indicative of him not being a system fit. 

Even with a functional retard running the team, LSU will still out-talent A&M, at least for the next couple of years before LSU's weak 2018 classes and on start to mature and take over the team. 

Yeah, I wasn’t disagreeing. Just adding 2cents and then a meeting started and I had to hit submit real quick before diving further. I agree about LSU beating the aggies the next few years even with Sir Edward Orgeron, Esq., burning down the buildings and program in Baton Rouge. 

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Depends if you are factoring in the cheating years. On pure record alone. RC beats Sumlin

Slocum has 72% win % over 14 years. 

Sumlin has 67% win % over 5 years. 

of course Sumlin won 60% of his bowl games

Slocum won a measley 21%

67% in the SEC is like 97% in the B12.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

There was some fucking mouth-breathing, sister-fucking, twat of an OU fan on here the other day making it sound like Kendall was better than Murray anyhow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

There was some fucking mouth-breathing, sister-fucking, twat of an OU fan on here the other day making it sound like Kendall was better than Murray anyhow.

So just a normal, average, regular OU fan?  Got it.

3 hours ago, Fud said:

People are underestimating how bad A&M is going to be the next two years

Agreed.  Their defense was really bad during the spring game.  There were at least a dozen missed tackles.  The secondary is abysmal at tackling and taking appropriate angles.  

I do think they have a weapon at tightend, but the Texas offense looked better during our spring game.  That is saying something when I don’t recall any broken tackles.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

DdauQ1lV4AA_8b7.jpg

Hahahaha this is the best shit ever. So much stupid in this post.

1. We didn’t flip most of those guys late. We could’ve had them committed in December if we wanted, but they wanted to shock the world by all announcing on NSD. There were like maaaybe 3 surprises on NSD.

2. Not Uncle Red, dumbfucks. Mark Jackson, a recruit who ended up at OU, accidentally said McCombs when he talked to Perrin at the McCombs business school. The article got scrubbed because the mistake quote was misleading, but what do I care? It created one of the best running jokes we’ve ever had on the recruiting boards.

Technically speaking, Tim DeRuyter is by far their most successful coach. 

Now you lit up the bizzle bat signal. Mamber that time Timmy D was THE BEST D coordinator in the country? If you cant mamber, ask bizzle. He loves to tell that story, and he tells it so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, Augustus said:

Name one big time program where that's not the case?

The only place Jimbo "damned himself" is on forums like this one and in the minds of opposing fans like yourself.  Nobody else gives a shit.

Augustus, we have just one question for you.

One ping only.

Did he, or did he not, change the culture?

• Like 1