Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Seriously. I've stated this on several other platforms. Is Texas the only school that can take a decent set of pics. 

I have seen countless schools try and replicate the Texas pics and they all seem to be cheap ass copies. Bad lighting. Bad editing. Bad poses. 

JFC people. Photography has been around for over 100 years. And you have all that modern society has to offer to produce quality pics. If you are scared fucking look at what Texas does and copy it. 

Attention to detail. I am so confident of what this staff is doing. If for no other reason than they only produce quality media. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Seriously. I've stated this on several other platforms. Is Texas the only school that can take a decent set of pics. 

I have seen countless schools try and replicate the Texas pics and they all seem to be cheap ass copies. Bad lighting. Bad editing. Bad poses. 

JFC people. Photography has been around for over 100 years. And you have all that modern society has to offer to produce quality pics. If you are scared fucking look at what Texas does and copy it. 

Attention to detail. I am so confident of what this staff is doing. If for no other reason than they only produce quality media. 

Ohio State, Bama and Clemson are all awesome at it too. It's just a matter of making a single good staff hire.

To be fair, who hasn't simply walked out of a store with a large bundle of what looks like prehistoric giant spider legs? I mean... shit, something that looks like a large scale version of something I squish under my shoes should probably be free..

11 minutes ago, ousux said:

To be fair, who hasn't simply walked out of a store with a large bundle of what looks like prehistoric giant spider legs? I mean... shit, something that looks like a large scale version of something I squish under my shoes should probably be free..

My first thought?

Lisa: Mr. Blackheart, are you an ivory dealer?
Mr. Blackheart: Well, I've had lots of jobs in my day: whale hunter, seal clubber, president of the fox network. And, like most people, yeah I've dealt a little ivory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If someone wants to post the most recent Frenzy tweet, they actually think they are getting 5* LB Brandon Smith because the only OV he has taken is to aggy and he's committing in about a week.  This despite just about all CB picks to PSU.

The aggy that married my aunt and made her move to cs with him said today that it’s a done deal 100% guaranteed Smith is committing to them.  Not sure how he can guarantee something like that but that’s what he said

6 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

The aggy that married my aunt and made her move to cs with him said today that it’s a done deal 100% guaranteed Smith is committing to them.  Not sure how he can guarantee something like that but that’s what he said

Would this guy have any connections that would allow him to know this?

36 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I believe he posts as “Walden Ponderer” on this site. We should just ask him why he’s so certain. 

9 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Why would someone from Virginia (who’s favorited to go to Penn State) want to spend an OV to go to College Station when he could go anywhere in the country??  

Got paid to visit or Elko was on him when at WF?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

I've never seen the fans of any school talk so openly and blatantly about their desire to cheat like aggy currently does.  It's the reason they have created this Uncle Red and Carrington the bagman fantasy, so that they can justify their own cheating.  I guarantee that when they get caught they will blame it on big bad Texas.

13 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Leon wishes he could run a 4.7

Based on their swimming pool debacle, it's clear Aggy has trouble measuring distance. So that 4.7 might well be for 35 yards.

And speaking of aggy ineptitude, I'm not sure which one of you is responsible for this page, but it's pretty awesome. Nicely done:

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Texas_A%26M_Athletics  

Tarp has another in the new series of breaking down the spring game, this time to show you that Elko is the genius and that Roney Elam has arrived. 

my favorite quote from the piece :: 

This suggests that A&M is in a form of zone coverage (although we don’t know for sure) 

It's bland base 3-deep zone Tarp. FFS. Look at the fucking FS's angle at the snap of the fucking ball.  Of course if "He'sAssMyDude" would've made that read he could have thrown to the boundary on either side for a nice easy gain. Instead he stares down Sternberger and throws in an area with 4 defenders to one receiver. (note the wide open WR on the 15 and the RB in the flat at the 3:46 mark. 

Texas A&M quarterback Nick Starkel is known for his touch downfield but he’s also someone who really likes to work the underneath routes to tight ends and slots. He single handedly reinvigorated Christian Kirk’s 2017 season and in the spring game created the Jace Sternberger monster that opponents have to look forward by hitting him eight times.

However, Starkel is also young and by attempting to look for certain receivers will tend to lock in on them at times. This happened in the spring game and nickel Roney Elam was savvy enough to look for this aspect of Starkel’s game and take advantage of it.

First, let’s set the scene at 3:43 of the embedded video: the Maroon team is facing a third and long and comes out in trips to the field or left side of the formation. Sternberger occupies the inside slot position. The White’s defense is in a 4-2-5 look with a true nickel back in the game in Elam as opposed to a Rover in Ikenna Okeke or Buddy Johnson. The safeties are in a two high look ten yards off of the ball while the safeties are in a quarters look some seven yards off of the ball.

When Starkel begins his drop, notice what the corners do. The corner at the top of the clip basically assumes a cover two role…he bumps the receiver to the inside and passes him off to the safety while maintaining his eyes on the running back who has flared out to the sideline. However, although you can’t see this, the corner to the bottom of the clip is running with the outside receiver to his side on a post route. Either way, the safeties have dropped to a depth of about 15 yards off the ball and the interior second level defenders have dropped to a depth of seven to ten yards off of the ball. Note that the second level defenders are turned at angle towards the quarterback and are watching his eyes as opposed to picking up receivers into their routes. This suggests that A&M is in a form of zone coverage (although we don’t know for sure) with only the field corner having man responsibilities.

If you want Starkel’s view of the play, go to about 3:55 of the video where it has an elevated view of the field as he drops. He looks left as his read is to that side. He has the outside receiver running a post, the outside slot running an out route, and Sternberger running straight up the field and curling between the backer and nickel.

The route combination basically takes the safety and corner to that side of the play chasing the outside receiver’s post route. Sternberger has commanded the attention of the backer and he moves laterally to his right to get away from him. However, although the out route at the bottom of the clip has come open, Starkel never really sees him as you can see from the second and third views of the play from behind Starkel. He’s locked on Sternberger and is looking to Sternberger to move away from the backer to provide him with a lane to throw the ball.

However, Starkel never sees Elam who is watching his eyes and never gravitates much past the hashmark to the outside. He doesn’t follow the slot out there. He settles in his zone and breaks on the ball early after Starkel’s release to step in front of it and take it down inside the five.

It’s a learning experience for Starkel but it’s also an example of Elam being disciplined, reading the quarterback’s eyes, and making a play on the ball within the confines of the defense.

3:43 for the video ::

27 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Tarp has another in the new series of breaking down the spring game, this time to show you that Elko is the genius and that Roney Elam has arrived. 

my favorite quote from the piece :: 

It's bland base 3-deep zone Tarp. FFS. Look at the fucking FS's angle at the snap of the fucking ball.  Of course if "He'sAssMyDude" would've made that read he could have thrown to the boundary on either side for a nice easy gain. Instead he stares down Sternberger and throws in an area with 4 defenders to one receiver. (note the wide open WR on the 15 and the RB in the flat at the 3:46 mark. 

Hide contents

Texas A&M quarterback Nick Starkel is known for his touch downfield but he’s also someone who really likes to work the underneath routes to tight ends and slots. He single handedly reinvigorated Christian Kirk’s 2017 season and in the spring game created the Jace Sternberger monster that opponents have to look forward by hitting him eight times.

However, Starkel is also young and by attempting to look for certain receivers will tend to lock in on them at times. This happened in the spring game and nickel Roney Elam was savvy enough to look for this aspect of Starkel’s game and take advantage of it.

First, let’s set the scene at 3:43 of the embedded video: the Maroon team is facing a third and long and comes out in trips to the field or left side of the formation. Sternberger occupies the inside slot position. The White’s defense is in a 4-2-5 look with a true nickel back in the game in Elam as opposed to a Rover in Ikenna Okeke or Buddy Johnson. The safeties are in a two high look ten yards off of the ball while the safeties are in a quarters look some seven yards off of the ball.

When Starkel begins his drop, notice what the corners do. The corner at the top of the clip basically assumes a cover two role…he bumps the receiver to the inside and passes him off to the safety while maintaining his eyes on the running back who has flared out to the sideline. However, although you can’t see this, the corner to the bottom of the clip is running with the outside receiver to his side on a post route. Either way, the safeties have dropped to a depth of about 15 yards off the ball and the interior second level defenders have dropped to a depth of seven to ten yards off of the ball. Note that the second level defenders are turned at angle towards the quarterback and are watching his eyes as opposed to picking up receivers into their routes. This suggests that A&M is in a form of zone coverage (although we don’t know for sure) with only the field corner having man responsibilities.

If you want Starkel’s view of the play, go to about 3:55 of the video where it has an elevated view of the field as he drops. He looks left as his read is to that side. He has the outside receiver running a post, the outside slot running an out route, and Sternberger running straight up the field and curling between the backer and nickel.

The route combination basically takes the safety and corner to that side of the play chasing the outside receiver’s post route. Sternberger has commanded the attention of the backer and he moves laterally to his right to get away from him. However, although the out route at the bottom of the clip has come open, Starkel never really sees him as you can see from the second and third views of the play from behind Starkel. He’s locked on Sternberger and is looking to Sternberger to move away from the backer to provide him with a lane to throw the ball.

However, Starkel never sees Elam who is watching his eyes and never gravitates much past the hashmark to the outside. He doesn’t follow the slot out there. He settles in his zone and breaks on the ball early after Starkel’s release to step in front of it and take it down inside the five.

It’s a learning experience for Starkel but it’s also an example of Elam being disciplined, reading the quarterback’s eyes, and making a play on the ball within the confines of the defense.

3:43 for the video ::

Lulz. I really wonder if Tarp is too dumb to recognize that's a base Cover 3 or is just saying he doesn't know to soften the blow of how shitty of a job Starkel Motion did on that play. That might have been the only receiver he couldn't have thrown an easy completion to. Especially the guy who ran an out that Elam had no feel for. The best part is Elam should've slid towards that receiver, but instead his being out of place combined with Starkel's horrible read resulted in a pick.

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If someone wants to post the most recent Frenzy tweet, they actually think they are getting 5* LB Brandon Smith because the only OV he has taken is to aggy and he's committing in about a week.  This despite just about all CB picks to PSU.

I saw on another site that he's all Nittany Lion. The Goobers will swing and miss on this one

5 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Especially the guy who ran an out that Elam had no feel for. The best part is Elam should've slid towards that receiver, but instead his being out of place combined with Starkel's horrible read resulted in a pick.

Yeah, I mean Elam ignores Paul. Completely. If StarkleMotion his him instead, Elam is so far inside that he's a non-factor in the play. You'd have 17 yards on the completion and that doesn't take in to account that the CB (that has deep 3rd here) follows the WR across the zone and doesn't stay in his 3rd -- if you look at the 4:08 mark you can see just how far he's taken him, he's actually directly behind Elam by about 12 yards, so if you hit Paul with Elam peeking into the backfield it's a HUGE gain if not 90 to the house, there is NO ONE home from the hash out.  --- also Jimbo's hands at 4:11 needs to be gif'd. 

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Yeah, I mean Elam ignores Paul. Completely. If StarkleMotion his him instead, Elam is so far inside that he's a non-factor in the play. You'd have 17 yards on the completion and that doesn't take in to account that the CB (that has deep 3rd here) follows the WR across the zone and doesn't stay in his 3rd -- if you look at the 4:08 mark you can see just how far he's taken him, he's actually directly behind Elam by about 12 yards, so if you hit Paul with Elam peeking into the backfield it's a HUGE gain if not 90 to the house, there is NO ONE home from the hash out.  --- also Jimbo's hands at 4:11 needs to be gif'd. 

I"ve only seen the parts of their spring game posted on here, but so far that defense looks like hot garbage, and I can't imagine their run defense is anything special, either. 

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

I"ve only seen the parts of their spring game posted on here, but so far that defense looks like hot garbage, and I can't imagine their run defense is anything special, either. 

I'm sure they'll be great because Jimbo got his #1 choice for DC.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

you and tarp need a podcast.

1 hour ago, TBGFL said:

I saw on another site that he's all Nittany Lion. The Goobers will swing and miss on this one

An echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system.

The aggys' is truly sound proof.

Talked aggy commit Josh Ellison today and he said Jimbo has never directly said that visits to other schools were off-limits. Something interesting that he did say was that he would love to get offers from Florida and Michigan. Doesn't sound all that firm in his commitment. 

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tarp is such a little bitch.  For some reason he had to bring up Herman in this.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Texas-AM-ranked-as-having-the-SECs-toughest-schedule-1182

You cut off the link, man.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-ranked-as-having-the-SECs-toughest-schedule-118210387

I must have missed the reference to Tom Herman in there, as well. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

"It doesn’t get much more challenging than that."

Yes.  Truly.  The 3 high school teams scheduled OOC every year for the aggys couldn't be more daunting.  This year, UAB, UL Monroe and something called Northwestern St. make up a virtual juggernaut.

34 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Talked aggy commit Josh Ellison today and he said Jimbo has never directly said that visits to other schools were off-limits. Something interesting that he did say was that he would love to get offers from Florida and Michigan. Doesn't sound all that firm in his commitment. 

slide into those DM's?