Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

For what it's worth, I did some digging and Bama fans are pretty confident that they'll get him next month.

Something I've noticed from trying to follow Bama from the outside is that it's not always clear who's a take for them outside of the blue chips. Their recruiting fans don't always know, and sometimes their mods don't. It might be that Bama keeps stringing guys along as long as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

Something I've noticed from trying to follow Bama from the outside is that it's not always clear who's a take for them outside of the blue chips. Their recruiting fans don't always know, and sometimes their mods don't. It might be that Bama keeps stringing guys along as long as possible. 

Must be nice to have that kind of leverage

Edited by Machinator

Just now, Machinator said:

Must be nice to have that kind of leverage

They also appear have no qualms with taking guys and then eventually distancing themselves so that the recruit gets the message that he's no longer wanted, before eventually trapdooring him 

1 hour ago, utfan87 said:

Ej cb for LB Christian harris to aggy.  Very surprising thought he was all but locked in to lsu

His brother Tylor played for Elko at Wake Forest - and the family loves Elko, which I get, their lightly recruited 3* son played a lot of ball at Wake and ended up with the Seahawks. 

LSU was slow to offer (in his mind) and initially offered as a WR and certainly hasn't been "on" him. Hell, he's on campus and they don't talk to him that much. I feel like he may commit somewhere as a placeholder but it seems like he'll end up at Alabama on NSD, certainly if they don't land Nakobe Dean, but even if they do. 

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.a63ece969a2b9a9a7bf387f484d1331b.jpg

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Lmart is an “insider” for Aggy. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Looch’s sock account on 247 or someone like that. Either way, the amount of hate that eats this person up to post this drivel can only be from decades of watching A&M lose over and over and over again. 

Ok so 4 hours ago Hamm Lite started a thread about all the QBs that were going to be at Aggy this weekend. 

QB 1 was Grant Gunnell - as we all know he committed to Zona just a while ago. Perroni with his finger on the pulse of that one. 

QB2 was Graham Mertz - committed to Wiscy, oh and also on his official visit to Wiscy this weekend. 

Perroni on Mertz ... 

The big one is Graham Mertz. As of now, the Wisconsin commit is supposed to be in town at some point. I don’t believe the final details have been ironed out just yet. We are getting with him on the details but A&M is expecting him

Mertz is definitely still in Kansas right now, so the trip is not today. But I am still expects him at some point

Gunnell isn’t really in the conversation as a possible commitment. I would be a little surprised if Calzada received a committable offer. Mertz is the main one

I had forgotten that Mertz has his official visit scheduled to Wisconsin this weekend. I will check with that but I am still expecting him so I’m not sure what’s up

I mean, it's amazing how fast the Hamminization occurred. 

QB3 is Nate Martens from STL --- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://247sports.com/Player/Nate-Martens-46037297

And now they are running with rumors of Hornsby and Spencer Rattler both visiting as well. 

• Like 1

Brian Perroni 65995 posts

17 minutes agoVIP

-Starting off with the quarterback spot, there are a lot of moving parts with the Graham Mertz recruitment. A longtime Wisconsin pledge, the Kansas City four-star passer was thought to possibly be opening things up not that long ago before doubling down a bit on his commitment. However, he has been in contact with A&M.

Mertz recently said he only had two visits scheduled – an official this upcoming weekend to Wisconsin and a return unofficial to Madison the following weekend. A&M, though, expects him on campus at some point before the weekend is out, though. What that means for the Wisconsin official, I honestly don’t know. Do they expect him to cancel that one? Again, I don’t know. But the Aggies feel they are right there in it for him.

Two other schools to watch are Notre Dame and Ohio State as well. Neither has given up on the early enrollee and there has been contact with those schools as well.

In talking to some people, at the moment, there would be a little bit of a surprise if he stuck with his pledge to the Badgers.

-Moving to the other position with the biggest question marks, there has been some movement at linebacker. After making an unexpected pledge during a short unofficial visit to A&M last month, Pennsylvania linebacker Andre White Jr. is now set to return this weekend for the Aggie Elite Day. That will give him a chance to meet the other commitments in the class.

A&M has been making up ground Baton Rouge U-High athlete Christian Harris, who the Aggies are recruiting at linebacker, and he will be in town this weekend. This one is a bit odd because A&M is feeling pretty confident here – and I’ve learned not to bet against them when they are – but literally every person I’ve talked to that is connected in Louisiana has said he is going to Alabama. The Tide have not been pushing as hard as in the past, though, so that could also be a big reason he has changed his mind, if he indeed has. Mike Elko has done a great job with him.

Also, five-star linebacker Nakobe Dean out of Mississippi still isn’t 100-percent sure he will be there this weekend but it is looking more likely. He and his family will likely make it to the Lone State to visit A&M and visit his grandmother in Austin. As Steve Wiltfong has been saying, A&M is definitely in this one.

Kane Patterson out of Nashville is down to a final four of A&M, Alabama, Ohio State and Tennessee. He was at Ohio State today and will unofficially visit A&M on June 15 and Alabama on the 22. He will see Knoxville again before deciding as well.

-A&M got the first domino in offensive line recruiting to fall when five-star Kenyon Green committed this past weekend. Another pledge could happen on Saturday.

Hallsville tackle Blake Trainor has not been talked about a ton but the 6-foot-7, 280-pound rising senior will be in town for the Elite Day. Though Arkansas and TCU are also in it, there’s a feeling around campus that he could shut things down this weekend.

A&M is also hosting the Pensacola duo of Hunter Rayburn and Adrian Medley on official visits this weekend. They have already been to Aggieland on an unofficial and this will be each of their first official visit. From talking to people in Florida, A&M is in the driver’s seat on this one. Jim Turner loves both guys. There could be a chance they decide this weekend but, even if not, the Aggies are in great shape.

A&M is still not sure if Javonne Shepherd will make it on Friday or not. They obviously want him to and his friend Kenyon Green is in his ear. Getting him on campus this week would be huge coming off his trip to Texas on Tuesday.

-Aledo cornerback Jeffery Carter had a bit of a surprise omission when he released his top four today. Despite being close to committing to Oregon not too long ago, the Ducks did not make the cut. It was A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas. The Crimson Tide have not been talked about a ton in his recruitment but it’s fair to say they are the leaders at this point. He will be in Tuscaloosa for the barbecue on June 22

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Lmart is an “insider” for Aggy. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is Looch’s sock account on 247 or someone like that. Either way, the amount of hate that eats this person up to post this drivel can only be from decades of watching A&M lose over and over and over again. 

I dont think its Liucci. First his ego wouldnt let him post on 247. Second Hamm and Peronni cant stand Liucci but theyve given that guy a platform as an insider. 

Its been apparent in some of his posts and what what he has posted that he is positioning himself as someone in the athletic dept at ATM. He was criticial of how sumlin recruited and coached, and he knew shit like both qbs transferring independantly a day or two before it became public. 

This is just my opinion, but I think he works at aTm, near or in the athletic dept. And this last post of his, to me, tacitly screams a knowledge of recruiting shennanigans happening. I dont know what else could constitute one if “so many moving parts” or whatever he said, while dismissing shit like girlfriends and whatnot.

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

I guess it's not really A&M recruiting news anymore, but Gunnell committed to Arizona.

Not Jimbo's recruit and can't run his offense. Not SEC ready. Doesn't get a&m. Jimbo has better recruits he is targeting. If Jimbo wants him he will get him before NSD.

Did I miss anything?

“The five-star prospect told 247Sports that he will 'supposedly' be taking an unofficial to A&M this weekend. What exactly he meant by the word 'supposedly,' he said he meant that he was not 100-percent sure if he was visiting just yet.”
Now that’s a recruitment that is completely clean.
Translation- envelope hasn't hit the mailbox yet..

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I dont think its Liucci. First his ego wouldnt let him post on 247. Second Hamm and Peronni cant stand Liucci but theyve given that guy a platform as an insider. 

Its been apparent in some of his posts and what what he has posted that he is positioning himself as someone in the athletic dept at ATM. He was criticial of how sumlin recruited and coached, and he knew shit like both qbs transferring independantly a day or two before it became public. 

This is just my opinion, but I think he works at aTm, near or in the athletic dept. And this last post of his, to me, tacitly screams a knowledge of recruiting shennanigans happening. I dont know what else could constitute one if “so many moving parts” or whatever he said, while dismissing shit like girlfriends and whatnot.

I mean TexAgs has an office in c-stat. So if you mean he works at or near the AD in terms of location, then yeah TexAgs is about a block away. 

If you mean close in terms of relationships and inside info then I have no clue. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

Hamm Lite on 2 new 2019 offers :: 

Layden Robinson was offered. It's surprising, not because he isn't good, but because of numbers. A&M liked him enough to not be concerned and there's a very good chance he ends up an Aggie.

A&M also offered Ainias Smith as as ATH. He worked at WR today but also plays CB.

Appears Robinson may have verbal'd but is not public yet. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Layden-Robinson-46053124

https://247sports.com/Player/Ainias-Smith-90304

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

How do you finish 1 or 2 in a year in which half the class looks like it is all sourdough or rye? Are they going to buy 20 thugs at the end and have a 35 player class that wins on sheer volume. Bizarre. 

also on the 2019 QB front ::

Dickey asked an in-state QB to come throw at camp

Shae Suiaunoa did not commit to UCLA on his official after the Elite 11 finals and he definitely liked his unofficial visit to A&M the week before. Dickey asked him today to come up and throw in the morning on Thursday, so he will be there.

https://247sports.com/Player/Shae-Suiaunoa-84064

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Impressive that they can beat out Kansas for Robinson. Has anyone informed the Marine that he’s not the foreman at a Sara Lee factory? He’s grabbing bread like he has a quota to meet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Their whole "nyah nyah we're recruiting over Shepherd" splash double commit is... Trainor and Robinson? Lol ok sure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Not Jimbo's recruit and can't run his offense. Not SEC ready. Doesn't get a&m. Jimbo has better recruits he is targeting. If Jimbo wants him he will get him before NSD.

Did I miss anything?

RC didn't offer

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How do you finish 1 or 2 in a year in which half the class looks like it is all sourdough or rye? Are they going to buy 20 thugs at the end and have a 35 player class that wins on sheer volume. Bizarre. 

Does anyone know how many they’re probably going to take this cycle?

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Assuming A&M lands a top 10 class, it will be interesting to match up their 2019 class against our stellar 2018 class. The way things are going, the only place where they'll have us beat is TE and maybe DL.

To that point, I spoke to someone involved with covering CFB recently and they’d spent time with the staff since the 2018’s all arrived (except for JA due to his HS finishing later) and they are fucking pumped. They don’t see a reach in the crew and, offline, they’ve been pretty straight previously about guys who show pretty quickly that maybe they ain’t gonna get it done. The staff is fucking raving right now. So yeah, ATM can fill up on all the bread they want. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To that point, I spoke to someone involved with covering CFB recently and they’d spent time with the staff since the 2018’s all arrived (except for JA due to his HS finishing later) and they are fucking pumped. They don’t see a reach in the crew and, offline, they’ve been pretty straight previously about guys who show pretty quickly that maybe they ain’t gonna get it done. The staff is fucking raving right now. So yeah, ATM can fill up on all the bread they want. 

When your "biggest reach," was a 6-5 280 athlete that has met every expectation the staff had for you, you are going to be doing well.

Edited by HtownHorn

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Their whole "nyah nyah we're recruiting over Shepherd" splash double commit is... Trainor and Robinson? Lol ok sure.

When asked about Robinson Perroni replied "I don’t think there is going to be room. A&M feels really good about the Pensacola guys" 

Maybe they'll take all 4. \m/ 

Just now, Machinator said:

What's he known for?

He’s a fake insider. One of the dumbest, most self-important combos I’ve seen on the Internet in my 20 years of BBS posting. And the clowns on the 24/7 board soak him up. They’re the least aware, most clueless set of posters I’ve ever been around. True morons. 

32 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Thats known as recruiting under.

22 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Does anyone know how many they’re probably going to take this cycle?

At this rate, if they want a top 10 class, 35. If  they want top 2, 80.

11 minutes ago, golfclap said:

When asked about Robinson Perroni replied "I don’t think there is going to be room. A&M feels really good about the Pensacola guys" 

Maybe they'll take all 4. \m/ 

Are the Pensacola guys those 3 Stars who didn’t have offers from UF, FSU, or Miami that they posted about a little while back?

4 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Thats known as recruiting under.

At this rate, if they want a top 10 class, 35. If  they want top 2, 80.

Are the Pensacola guys those 3 Stars who didn’t have offers from UF, FSU, or Miami that they posted about a little while back?

Yep. Adrian Medley and Hunter Rayburn. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Adrian-Medley-92032

https://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Rayburn-46052231

7 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

These guys, I believe. They do have offers from the P5 Florida schools. No idea what their chances are at landing them. @TBGFL

https://247sports.com/player/adrian-medley-92032

https://247sports.com/player/hunter-rayburn-46052231

Edit: damn, golfclap beat me to it.

Edited by Machinator