Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Did you just pull this out of your ass?
Bragg is 6'4, and they wanted him. 

I’m not saying they are looking for shorter. I’m saying because of the position, if they can’t get who they want they will drop down and inch or two or whatever. Said differently, height is more important at tackle than at center. There was an interview a year ago with someone on staff and they mentioned something along those lines. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:45 AM, golfclap said:

I know it's a long-standing mystery but I don't know why, even under this new staff, that Aggy targets only these type of guys. Forgetting the guys like Green or Cook --- you'd think that they'd have gone all in guys like Jamison, McKinley, Gordon, or Blaylock in 2018. In 2019 it seems like a guys like Alex Hogan (I expect UT to circle back on him and could see him be a future UT commit late in the process) would be guys that A&M should be all over. Guys that can cover in space. 

Alex Hogan showing how to take away a bigger stronger players leverage going 1on1 vs. IMG TE Logan Compton  ::

Compton being the meathead that he is - thinks this tweet shows that he somehow did anything other than get fucking wrecked twice by the same CB and then lose your shit. 

Edited by golfclap
  • Like 1

I had to look up what “Care Bear Stare” meant.

Care-Bear-Stare
The often intimidating gaze of undivided lust issued by a gay man towards his prey. Characteristics include upright posture, an inflated chest, a forward-titled head, upward gaze and nothing less than a Mona Lisa smile.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=care%20bear%20stare

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I had to look up what “Care Bear Stare” meant.

Care-Bear-Stare
The often intimidating gaze of undivided lust issued by a gay man towards his prey. Characteristics include upright posture, an inflated chest, a forward-titled head, upward gaze and nothing less than a Mona Lisa smile.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=care%20bear%20stare

This is actual footage of Jimbo and the Marine talking to recruits at their BBQ event.

tenor.gif?itemid=11844521

5 minutes ago, ousux said:

Lulz at only 3 of our commits on there..

Surprised he hasn't dropped Wittington and Gunnell..but I'm sure that's coming.

I mean, we only have five in-state commits, and two are composite three stars, although I personally think both are top 44 prospects 

Spoiler

Tuesday night recruiting notes

Ryan Brauninger

10:54p, 6/12/18

Staff

-Spoke to a source about LB Christian Harris tonight. During his visit last weekend, he spent a lot of time around commit RJ Orebo and his family. The Orebo's and Harris's hit it off in a big way, and I've heard the two parties have remained in pretty constant contact since the visit. Another thing to remember: Harris goes to University High in Baton Rouge. The same school that produced Dylan Moses a couple of years ago. If you'll remember, there was a lot said and written about Moses decommitting from LSU, and then eventually landing at Alabama. Needless to say, there's a big Purple and Gold influence down there. It's understandable being located so close to LSU. That's a big hurdle the Aggies will have to overcome, but my source tonight was confident A&M could clear it. That bond with Mike Elko will be pivotal if the Ags end up landing him. 

-I've heard tonight that Lanier (GA) QB Zach Calzada will likely not take his previously scheduled trip to Clemson this weekend. If that holds, you'd have to feel good if you're an Aggie fan.

-Based on intel I received tonight, I still think the Aggies add to their class in the coming days. 

-A DFW source told me tonight that A&M has been in contact with DB Jeffery Carter recently. That door remains open. Alabama still sounds like the heaviest competition at the moment.

-Staying at DB, Houston Madison CB Bobby Wolfe has essentially cut this thing down to A&M and Arkansas. It would still surprise me if Wolfe didn't return to the Aggie class over summer, but I'll give Arkansas some credit. They were able to gain some much needed ground during his visit to Fayetteville last weekend. Bobby has been in touch with members of the A&M staff this week.

-Lastly, obviously the big news today was that the Aggies will welcome North Forest OL Javonne Shepherd to campus this weekend with commit Kenyon Green. From what I understand, this is something that had been in the works for a couple of days since the saga over the weekend involving the deleted tweet about the A&M coaches talking down on him. I know there's talk about him leaving College Station and heading to Austin. I can't say with any certainty that will or won't happen. This thing has swung back and forth quite a bit already. 

A&M recruiting: 3 things to watch as dead period nears

VIP ByDAMON SAYLES 22 minutes ago

It's been a productive spring and summer for Texas A&M from a recruiting perspective. The Aggies currently have 16 commitments and are ranked No. 2 nationally, behind Alabama, in the latest 247Sports recruiting composite team rankings. Of the top 50 teams in the rankings, only Minnesota has as many commits, numbers wise.

The next 12 days, however, will be huge for the Aggies. The NCAA dead period for FBS football recruiting starts June 25, and while the class is looking great, it can always get better with the help of a few big-time commitments. The Aggies lead for a few prospects who could be making their decisions very soon, and they're hoping to close the class strong, both in December during the early signing period and in February for the regular signing period.

The dead period, the designated time when a college coach isn't allowed to have face-to-face contact with a recruit or their parents, runs June 25 through July 24. A lot of the staff's recruiting success has come either during or after a player has visited the campus. As Texas A&M continues with the 2019 recruiting cycle, here are three things to keep an eye on, particularly with the dead period approaching.

How will the QB situation play out?

Offensive tackle Kenyon Green and safety Brian Williams are the 5-star prospects in Texas A&M's 2019 class. The roster, however, is still looking for a keystone commit to run the offense, a signal-caller who can be considered as a future leader.

Zach Calzada appears to be the quarterback to watch, particularly after a successful unofficial visit to the campus over the weekend. Calzada was supposed to visit Clemson today, but he canceled his plans -- an advantage for the Aggies. That means Texas A&M was the Buford, Georgia, 3-star quarterback's final visit before he is expected to make a decision, which could come as early as this week. North Carolina State, North Carolina and Georgia are the schools to watch.

If Calzada chooses not to play in College Station, the Aggies still have options at the quarterback position. San Bernadino, California, 4-star Jayden Daniels is a dual-threat option with impressive junior-season numbers. Ocala, Florida, 3-star Brian Maurerpicked up an offer from Texas A&M on June 5, and the Aggies are considered a school to watch, along with West Virginia. Both Daniels and Maurer were named Elite 11 quarterbacks.

In discussing already-committed quarterbacks, two other Elite 11 prospects should be mentioned. Leawood, Kansas, 4-star Graham Mertzhas been committed to Wisconsin since 
Oct. 8, and while some believe the Aggies are still a team that can flip him, Mertz told 247Sports on Tuesday that he's solid with Wisconsin and is close to shutting his process down completely. Ty Evans is a 3-star, pro-style quarterback who has been committed to Colorado since Jan. 15. The Palmer Ridge, Colorado, standout is a one-time Arkansas pledge who has said he likes what Texas A&M has to offer. Although he's spoken highly of the Aggies, he's also said that he's still very solid with staying in his home state and playing for the Buffaloes.

Will the Aggies score big with uncommitted cornerbacks?

As important a quarterback commit is to Texas A&M, many will argue -- because of the youth and the current depth at quarterback for the Aggies -- that adding commitments in 
the secondary is the most important objective. Texas A&M has two of the best safeties in the country committed in Williams and 4-star Demani Richardson, but the program is still 
looking to add a cornerback or two -- or three -- to the class.

Texas A&M, like a few other schools, is in a waiting game with three 4-star, in-state prospects -- Jeffery Carter, Erick Young and Bobby Wolfe. Carter has a top four of Texas A&M, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas, and all four schools are legitimate landing spots. Texas A&M and Alabama are believed to be the two teams to watch, even with Carter being a one-time Oklahoma commit.

Young is expected to make his commitment on July 4, and he has Texas A&M high on his list, along with USC and Ohio State. Young took an official visit to Aggieland in April, and he has an official scheduled to USC the weekend of June 22. Young has been somewhat quiet as of late, but the Aggies are hoping to be in a good spot to land one of the nation's most physical cornerbacks by the end of Independence Day.

Wolfe is another player Texas A&M feels strongly about landing. Wolfe is a former Aggie commit who decommitted in March to weigh all other options. Since then, he's made sure to 
stay in touch with the Texas A&M coaching staff, and he has the Aggies high on his list. Wolfe enjoyed his official visit to Texas A&M in April. Arkansas, however, is a team that 
has gained major ground. He took an official visit to Arkansas last week and told 247Sports that the campus "feels like home" and that he has built solid relationships with members of the coaching staff.

Who are the targets for interior offensive linemen?

Texas A&M has three offensive linemen committed in Green and 3-stars Blake Trainor and Adrian Medley. All three, however, are listed as tackles. Texas A&M is hoping to land a couple of interior linemen. One of those linemen anticipated to be an Aggie, 3-star guard Hunter Rayburn, Medley's teammate at Pensacola (Florida) High School, decided to commit to Clemson on Sunday.

1COMMENTS

Manvel 3-star Layden Robinson is a targeted lineman getting a lot of publicity. Robinson is a top-five center nationally, according to 247Sports, and he also can play guard at the next level. After picking up a Texas A&M offer on June 6, Robinson has been thought of as an Aggie lean, even though he doesn't have a timetable set for a decision.

Interior linemen have been hard to come by. Branson Bragg, the nation's No. 3 center, has Stanford high on his list. Riley Simonds, who hails from Calzada's hometown of Buford, 
Georgia, is considering Virginia Tech, Florida and Missouri, and is expected to announce his decision on June 20. Throw in Rayburn being Clemson-bound, and it equates to the 
Aggies needing to put in work to find an interior lineman or two. All three, however, are athletes the Aggies have not given up on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Who are the targets for interior offensive linemen?

Texas A&M has three offensive linemen committed in Green and 3-stars Blake Trainor and Adrian Medley. All three, however, are listed as tackles. Texas A&M is hoping to land a couple of interior linemen. One of those linemen anticipated to be an Aggie, 3-star guard Hunter Rayburn, Medley's teammate at Pensacola (Florida) High School, decided to commit to Clemson on Sunday.

1COMMENTS

Manvel 3-star Layden Robinson is a targeted lineman getting a lot of publicity. Robinson is a top-five center nationally, according to 247Sports, and he also can play guard at the next level. After picking up a Texas A&M offer on June 6, Robinson has been thought of as an Aggie lean, even though he doesn't have a timetable set for a decision.

Interior linemen have been hard to come by. Branson Bragg, the nation's No. 3 center, has Stanford high on his list. Riley Simonds, who hails from Calzada's hometown of Buford, 
Georgia, is considering Virginia Tech, Florida and Missouri, and is expected to announce his decision on June 20. Throw in Rayburn being Clemson-bound, and it equates to the 
Aggies needing to put in work to find an interior lineman or two. All three, however, are athletes the Aggies have not given up on

This makes it sound like aggy is done at Tackle and only want interior OL to finish with.  Shepherd shouldn't even visit, seems pretty clear they've filled up the Tackle spots.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This makes it sound like aggy is done at Tackle and only want interior OL to finish with.  Shepherd shouldn't even visit, seems pretty clear they've filled up the Tackle spots.

It's all about narrative. 

They get Shepherd - Narrative: obviously Medley was recruited as a guard. Shepherd & Green are the tackles. 

They don't Shepherd - Narrative: Medley is a great tackle prospect who will be developed by the "marine", and A&M backed off Shepherd. duh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

The Aggies lead for a few prospects who could be making their decisions very soon, and they're hoping to close the class strong, both in December during the early signing period and in February for the regular signing period.

Jimbo Fisher, National Championship Coach who knows how to win a national championship, knows that closing strong is a good thing. It's a new era, folks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Jimbo Fisher, National Championship Coach who knows how to win a national championship, knows that closing strong is a good thing. It's a new era, folks.

So you're telling me Jimbo's recruiting approach is to close strong?  I hope Tom Herman is taking notes.

On 6/11/2018 at 6:35 PM, RomaVicta said:

Again, I'm no expert at watching film or projecting player success, but Robinson looked good to me on the 7 or 8 plays I watched of his film. At first I thought his offer list was pretty good because I saw Pitt and Nebraska, but then I realized I must be thinking this is the last century when those were more prominent teams.

If A&M works really hard to develop these players and Jimbo is indeed a top flight coach, it looks like they may be able to sustain Sumlin's streak of winning seasons and bowl appearances. That's a wisely spent $75 million. There's no quo like the status quo.

He just got a pretty good bump by 247.  Top 50 in-state.

7 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Who is Lee?

Sorry, Hill. Someone accidentally called him Tarian Lee in a thread and now it's stuck like that in my head.

It's not like I'd seen him on any "Best of" lists before his aggy visit...

EDIT: Goddammit it is Lee. He's exactly as inconsequential as this name kerfuffle implies.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1