Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

These early OVs for Aggy are a pretty fucking big roll of the dice for Jimbo. Not just Leal, but a guy like Bobby Wolfe? He's already been committed/decomm multiple times and certainly is enjoying the process. If OU or LSU gets serious about him they are going to have momentum AND an OV left to give and Aggy will have some shitty burned ass BBQ from Coach Price (*advantage Aggy). Ditto for Kam Brown (just seems like TCU will end up a bigger player if Brown can show that he can add 15-20 pounds) 

Then you have Leal as well as Erick Young and Jeffery Carter. Even if these dudes were to commit does anyone think they'd stick? and there won't be an Aggy OV in the back pocket. A lot of risk for some perceived momentum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

These early OVs for Aggy are a pretty fucking big roll of the dice for Jimbo. Not just Leal, but a guy like Bobby Wolfe? He's already been committed/decomm multiple times and certainly is enjoying the process. If OU or LSU gets serious about him they are going to have momentum AND an OV left to give and Aggy will have some shitty burned ass BBQ from Coach Price (*advantage Aggy). Ditto for Kam Brown (just seems like TCU will end up a bigger player if Brown can show that he can add 15-20 pounds) 

Then you have Leal as well as Erick Young and Jeffery Carter. Even if these dudes were to commit does anyone think they'd stick? and there won't be an Aggy OV in the back pocket. A lot of risk for some perceived momentum. 

This is what a staff in desperation mode looks like. Jimbo has to compete against staffs at OU and UT that are already established in the state.  He's realizing he's at a huge disadvantage due to that and the fact that he has to recruit guys to the least desirable school of the three, thus he pushes like crazy for commitments and then tries to force them to shut things down for the rest of their recruitment.  So far, he's had success with this with a guy like Richardson but he still has 8 months to go to keep that up.  That's a long time to fend off all other coaches, especially when every coach knows which school to focus its negative attention on.  Not to mention, he's headed for a pretty rough year on the field.  Aggy decommits could come in droves this year, and I plan to be around for them so I can soak up all those delicious aggy tears. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5558468

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

The 5 players in Texas right now are all exhibiting very different approaches to this recruiting cycle.

1) TCU - Fat Patty and the SweatTards are doing what they do - turning over every rock they can look under trying to find high quality talents that other schools have missed. They know themselves, so they're only competing head up where they think they truly have an edge for some reason. Gabriel Hall out of Waller is a guy they're going to work to keep under wraps, but he is going to be a fucking stud, probably at OT. Good luck with that.

2) OU - Riley, Grimace, and Stoops the Lesser are encouraging kids to enjoy the process and not even commit to them early. Wease would already be in the crimson and cream if they'd pushed. We'll say how this plays out, as I think it is a risky approach for OU in Texas in this class.

3) LSU - Mongo has been fitted with a soft 7 on 7 helmet and locked in padded room. They let him pound incoherent texts out on his big chief tablet each day and then they attempt to translate those glyphics into actual productive communication with the recruits. They let him shout cajun obscenities into a dead line or the recruits only from Baton Rouge and New Orleans for roughly 30 minutes each day before hiding him away again. So they are attempting to hide the head moron and the kids in this class in Texas basically aren't feeling them.

4) ATM - Jimbo Aggins and The Silent Assassin are going all in on pushing for kids early and keeping them on lockdown. This upcoming weekend exemplifies that. It's going to work for some players (see Richardson), but I view this route as fettered with risk for the non-flagship school in a state like Texas. 

5) Texas - Herman's Hermits are being specific, thorough and transparent with a very small set of high-value targets within the state. They're leveraging all of the advantages Texas possesses and they're being realistic about working with the trainers and such. Back behind that, they're maintaining contact with a list of back-ups or guys they might take who need to be further evaluated this spring, summer, and fall. Looking outside of the state, they've been much more liberal with the net they're casting, and that makes sense.

I wouldn't want to be any other school if Texas wins 9+ this season. Win less than that and things are more open, except for the padlocks on Mongogeron's cell.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Pepperoni claims Green is visiting again this weekend. I just don’t see that kid shutting it down without taking his OV here.

A&M signees

Max Wright 
Leon O'Neal 
Jordan Moore 
Caleb Chapman 
Jalen Preston 
James Foster 
Tank Jenkins 

Official visitors

St Pius WR Chase Lane 
Bishop Dunne S Brian Williams 
Colleyville Heritage WR Kameron Brown 
A&M Consolidated DT Josh Ellison 
Waxahachie S Demani Richardson 
Dayton OLB RJ Orebo 

Converse Judson DL DeMarvin Leal 
Houston Madison CB Bobby Wolfe 
Ft Bend Bush CB Erick Young 
Brooklyn (NY) Adisa Isaac 

Unofficials

Coppell K Caden Davis 
Katy Taylor DE Braedon Mowry 

Katy Seven Lakes DE David Ugwoegbu 
Katy Mayde Creek DE Marcus Stripling 
Atascocita OL Kenyon Green 
Katy Cinco Ranch LB David Gbenda 
Gilbert (AZ) DE Ty Robinson
Crandall OL Branson Bragg 
Amarillo Tascosa RB King Doerue 
Brock TE Baylor Cupp 
Spring Dekaney CB Marcus Banks 
Dickinson TE Jalen Wydermyer 
Klein Collins RB Isaiah Spiller (maybe)
Horn Lake (MS) LB Nakobe Dean (maybe)
Baton Rouge (LA) ATH Christian Harris 

Navasota OL Jordan Jefferson 

Ft Bend Kempner OL Akinola Ogunbiyi 
Ft Bend Austin OL Kendal Septs 
Ft Bend Austin WR Troy Omeire 
Southlake Carroll DB RJ Mickens 
Duncanville S Chris Thompson 
Haynesville (LA) DT Camron Jackson   

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The 5 players in Texas right now are all exhibiting very different approaches to this recruiting cycle.

1) TCU - Fat Patty and the SweatTards are doing what they do - turning over every rock they can look under trying to find high quality talents that other schools have missed. They know themselves, so they're only competing head up where they think they truly have an edge for some reason. Gabriel Hall out of Waller is a guy they're going to work to keep under wraps, but he is going to be a fucking stud, probably at OT. Good luck with that.

2) OU - Riley, Grimace, and Stoops the Lesser are encouraging kids to enjoy the process and not even commit to them early. Wease would already be in the crimson and cream if they'd pushed. We'll say how this plays out, as I think it is a risky approach for OU in Texas in this class.

3) LSU - Mongo has been fitted with a soft 7 on 7 helmet and locked in padded room. They let him pound incoherent texts out on his big chief tablet each day and then they attempt to translate those glyphics into actual productive communication with the recruits. They let him shout cajun obscenities into a dead line or the recruits only from Baton Rouge and New Orleans for roughly 30 minutes each day before hiding him away again. So they are attempting to hide the head moron and the kids in this class in Texas basically aren't feeling them.

4) ATM - Jimbo Aggins and The Silent Assassin are going all in on pushing for kids early and keeping them on lockdown. This upcoming weekend exemplifies that. It's going to work for some players (see Richardson), but I view this route as fettered with risk for the non-flagship school in a state like Texas. 

5) Texas - Herman's Hermits are being specific, thorough and transparent with a very small set of high-value targets within the state. They're leveraging all of the advantages Texas possesses and they're being realistic about working with the trainers and such. Back behind that, they're maintaining contact with a list of back-ups or guys they might take who need to be further evaluated this spring, summer, and fall. Looking outside of the state, they've been much more liberal with the net they're casting, and that makes sense.

I wouldn't want to be any other school if Texas wins 9+ this season. Win less than that and things are more open, except for the padlocks on Mongogeron's cell.

giphy.gif

Edited by Katfid54

It'll be interesting to see if Arkansas can be a player this cycle by landing Gunnell, whoever Gunnell brings along like Curry, and the Newton and other east Texas kids, and maybe some DFW kids that the regional powers actually want 

Edited by Fud

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Stupid sip, you can't lose the Spring Game.

Aggy's stock is never going to higher than it is now. 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

It'll be interesting to see if Arkansas can be a player this cycle by landing Gunnell, whoever Gunnell brings along like Curry, and the Newton and other east Texas kids, and maybe some DFW kids that the regional powers actually want 

They're probably the main opposition for Dylan Wright.

ok, so we've seen Aggy spun up about Jaquaze Sorrells right?  Here's his tweet about not publicly releasing a top schools list ... 

Which of course is RT by Hamm, etc ...  

what's the catch? Well, I'm no detective but he decomm'd from Florida and is going to commit on his uncle Marvin's BDay. Why is that important? Well, Marvin was his "FSU Angel" 

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict FSU. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Peveto knows his audience very well. Everybody wants to be you. This place is special.

Pay me.

In Oz, the phrase in "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

In College Station, it's "Pay no attention to the man peeking over the divider between these two urinals."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

14o3xg5.png

sold him on the Aggie network while he was being recruited? 
1. His current career/job situation is YOUR fault. Aggy network indeed. 

2. probably a recruiting violation. 

Kid's lucky Chavis moved on. Being a snuff boy doesn't come with a lot of job security.

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

ok, so we've seen Aggy spun up about Jaquaze Sorrells right?  Here's his tweet about not publicly releasing a top schools list ... 

Which of course is RT by Hamm, etc ...  

what's the catch? Well, I'm no detective but he decomm'd from Florida and is going to commit on his uncle Marvin's BDay. Why is that important? Well, Marvin was his "FSU Angel" 

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict FSU. 

I live in Florida and an extended family member coaches in that area. Word is he's all FSU which is why this bullshit Aggy is peddling about having a shot with him is so amusing to me.

3 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Seen the weather report for collie station, for their "Lit" spring game? Their quarterbacks  backs will have an excuse for throwing lame ducks with  40 mph winds. The only thing you may not find a lot of in that game are "tight" ends :). 

Should make for a lot of dip splatter from the 100,000 fans.

Hamm Lite questioning Clemson's recruiting tactics vs. Jimbo's ::

Clemson with an interesting move - They have apparently decided not to have any official visitors in the spring. I think with this first recruiting cycle with spring official visits, there is going to be a lot of trial and error. I can see why some schools would want to have big weekends but I also see why schools would want to wait to try and fire the last shot. It is easier to hold on to someone already committed than to get them to commit, though, so we will see if the A&M, OU, etc. approaches work.