Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Connecticut OT Stewart visits A&M, high on the Aggies

Brian Perroni - 45 minutes agoVIP0

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff have proven that they are not afraid to cast a wide recruiting net, scouring the country for players they believe will help them win an SEC and a national championship.

This spring, the Aggies were one of the first offers for New Canaan, Conn., offensive tackle Jack Stewart. Since then, the 6-foot-5, 280-pound lineman has added them from Baylor, Michigan and Ole Miss, among others. This week, he is on a bit of a tour of the state of Texas.

"I flew into San Antonio yesterday and I went to visit Texas," Stewart said on Wednesday evening. "I went to Texas A&M today. Tomorrow I'll be at Baylor and then Friday I'll be at TCU. I was at Michigan before coming to Texas.

"Texas is going to come watch me practice in the spring. They're going to come up to my school in Connecticut. That visit was sort of more of a knock on the door kind of thing. They didn't really know who I was but I was going through and we wanted to visit. Baylor has offered me and I'll be there tomorrow. TCU, I've talked to, but they want to see me in person, kind of like how other schools did."

Stewart spent Wednesday in Aggieland and got to experience quite a bit while there.

"A&M went great. The practice was awesome," he said. "I got to watch practice, I did the campus tour, I got to see everything. I had heard that the facilities were great and I had heard that Kyle Field was unbelievable. It really was. The facilities were top-notch. They were just amazing. The field was unbelievable.

"I got to meet with the academic adviser and also someone over in the agriculture business side of A&M. I'm interested in agriculture - it's something I'm thinking about."

Stewart has spoken with offensive line coach Jim Turner a number of times and likes the coach's no-nonsense approach. The three-star prospect says he saw the same thing from the entire A&M staff.

"I watched the whole practice," he said. "It was super-disciplined - that's what really stood out to me. The amount of discipline they had and the attention to detail was great, it was really impressive."

Before leaving Aggieland, Stewart was able to meet with the head coach as well.

"I sat down with coach Fisher at the end in his office," Stewart said. "We talked about my offer and where I stand there. He told me about how he liked my film and that I'm an athlete. They're looking for people with toughness and mean streaks and that's something I have.

"A&M is definitely up there. I don't have a top list of schools but I really, really liked it there. I had always said that I wanted to play football in Texas one day and I definitely liked it."

Stewart is in the midst of a busy week but, as of now, does not have any other trips scheduled. However, he will likely take a few more in the near future.

"I might be taking a visit to Ole Miss," he said. "Maybe an SEC tour or something. But, right now, I don't have anything planned. I might do some spring official visits too

Waiting for the CB from Hamm lite to the aggys...

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I am obsessed with A&M. I admit it. I see the same thing every year. I see the roller coaster go up. I see the roller coaster come down. I know it happens every year. I know how this story ends. Yet each year my excitement builds. The expectations are set higher and higher. The money is bigger. The guarantees are bolder. The prognosticators even more sure this year is different.  With each message board post, I can hear the little clack clack sounds of the roller coaster car climbing boastfully towards the sun. But I can’t stop. I won’t stop. Because maybe this year will be different. Maybe...just maybe, the crash will be something spectacular. 

This right here.  aggy : coyote / roadrunner : NC.  It's written in the script of cfb that aggy will always fail, yet at the beginning of each year.../dumb and dumber/ "you're saying there's a chance"

The Dumbo factor will just make the expectations that much more unrealistic and the crash that much more spectacular.  Good times. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I like the part about after a great visit he is still open to other schools, meaning you didn't sell me.

A&M getting cold shouldered by some white OL from New England?! Fisher... fishering for linemen around the country. Also had a visit from a Florida 3-star lineman named Medley.  what a medley of OL it's going to be... :D

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy offered unranked LB Tyrone Brown from Atascocita ( same HS as Green ).  Perroni already with the CB pick.

https://247sports.com/player/tyrone-brown-46052769

ULM offered. Anyone good enough to play D in any Louisiana school is good enough for me! All those Louisianimals to go up against... it scares you to death.

This is the kind of under-the-radar, soon-to-be-5-star player that Fisher goes fishering for along his way to building championship teams!

53 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I like the part about after a great visit he is still open to other schools, meaning you didn't sell me.

I like the part were they are in the unique position where they are scouring the country for players to win a conference and national championship. 

52 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy offered unranked LB Tyrone Brown from Atascocita ( same HS as Green ).  Perroni already with the CB pick.

https://247sports.com/player/tyrone-brown-46052769

So Jimbo will keep Sumlin's tactic of offering everybody at one school to get one player. I guess they got Jalen Preston with only 2 teammates ... 

also of note 

So he's James Blanchards/JKb's cousin according to Baylor mods, we sure he's not Baylor bound?

Oof. 

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher and his staff have proven that they are not afraid to cast a wide recruiting net, scouring the country for players they believe will help them win an SEC and a national championship.

Most coaches get the heeby jeebies as they approach the state line. They use bamboo fishing poles instead of the wide recruiting net. Scouring? They've never heard of it and don't like the way it sounds when they do.

But Jimbo? He coaches fast. He performed open heart massage on Koda Martin to save his life while instructing his QBs how to properly hand the ball off.  Fear is unknown to Jimbo Fisher. He laughs as he steps over the state line to scour the country for 3-star yankees who will tame the mighty SEC in short order. He's a man. He's a short man and cuckold, but he's a goddamn man!

We've never seen the likes of him nor will we likely ever again. Behold the courage while you can.

Perroni is reaching Hammesque levels

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

and this is what aggy was more focused on in the article6e90454c56e4084829a694af1d45adb9.jpg

It's like they can't see things from multiple points of view. He said Texas didn't know him so he wanted to introduce himself. That's the kind of pull our brand has. Your targeted recruits are coming by to get acquainted, knowing they'll be nothing more than plan E, while going on your official visits. 

Oh aggy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

and this is what aggy was more focused on in the article6e90454c56e4084829a694af1d45adb9.jpg

That quote popped out to me too but Herman clearly knows what he's doing since we're players for so many elite guys out of state. If they want to ignore Floyd, Steele, McCoy, the Hawaii guys, Mykael Wright, etc. and follow that one quote, then by all means I'm willing to wait for the meltdown when we finish above them in January. 

2 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

It very well may happen.  There isn't shit else to do in that town.

I went to college station for the baseball game this week and had a couple takeaways: 

Respect where respect is due: they were much louder than any of the Texas home games I've been to, although I'm sure the rivalry game played into that. 

CSTAT really sucks. They have a fucking train that runs through the middle of the campus. The buildings looked like the jail I shadowed in over the summer. 

Those aggy trolls were saying we haven't moved on, but more than half (13/25) of the lines in their fight song refer to us. It talks about us more than it does them. 

SECSECSEC is real. I thought it was only idiots on the internet that did it, but the entire stadium started chanting SECSECSEC as soon as the game ended. It was surreal. 

Did I mention they have a train that runs through their campus? I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around that one. 

Oh and Fuego's is overrated. We had three different people tell us it was "torchy's on steroids." It's good but really isn't anything special or worth being proud of. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo