Flight disrupting assholes Thread of Shame.

crash_davis

On 3/29/2024 at 12:03 AM, YGIFS said:

I think we’ve all had our ankle run over by our nephew in Arizona.  

what the fuck was the “fuck you Richard Gere” rant about?  

12 months from now I’ll either be enjoying her letting me go ass to mouth in her.  Or dead by her hand. 

I guess you speak looney better than I.  I couldn't make out shit she was saying.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, Frank Drebin said:

I fly fairly frequently even though I do not enjoy flying commercial.  I have never seen anything close to any of this stuff.  I wonder how many people here have personally witnessed crap like this?

I asked a question earlier similar to yours. Here's some related info I just saw ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/airline-news/2024/04/29/unruly-passenger-fine-united-airlines/73505562007/

So far this year, there have been 649 reported incidents of unruly passengers, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. In March alone, there were 171 reported cases. 

On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, Frank Drebin said:

I fly fairly frequently even though I do not enjoy flying commercial.  I have never seen anything close to any of this stuff.  I wonder how many people here have personally witnessed crap like this?

The worst I've encountered is an intentionally slow moving woman for no reason on a return flight from Belize. That's been the exception. Hell, I remember a football game breaking out on a Friday night SW HOU - DAL flight back in the 70's. Flying used to be cool.

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

The worst I've encountered is an intentionally slow moving woman for no reason on a return flight from Belize. That's been the exception. Hell, I remember a football game breaking out on a Friday night SW HOU - DAL flight back in the 70's. Flying used to be cool.

I fly pretty much weekly and have never seen anything like these videos. I have a shit load of pent up frustration at dealing with just general fucktards while traveling (olds with a pound of change and pocket knives, dipshits at the ramp to check boarding pass and ONLY fucking then reaching into their cavern of a purse to look for it holding up the line etc etc etc). So if someone comes to front of plane trying to open door/fight with FA I am ready to unleash some hate to help subdue them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I was asked by a FA once flying back from Cancun if I could open the cabin door in an emergency since I was big and strong sitting in the seat next to it. This told me my special purpose in life was to protect the aircraft and the souls onboard.  Ever since 9/11 I've been tempted to tell the FAs I have their back when I'm boarding, but haven't revealed anything yet. The way I see it if shit goes down I'll scan the cabin for someone else scanning the cabin with a special purpose. We lock eye contact, give a head nod and snap into action delivering whoopass as needed. Fuck this shit.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I travel frequently. I mostly encounter yelling and cussing but no big scenes. I did see a drunk guy picking fights in Amsterdam. He was just belligerent and being a dick and then out of nowhere these 2 attractive female cops came running up and tried to calm him down. The were very patient with him and tried to talk to him. The idiot then made the mistake of pushing one of them and then they weren't so nice. 2 big guy cops joined the party and he was handcuffed and grabbed by the scruff of the neck and lead away crying.

oh got pics of cops

tmp_8df3ea58-d83c-4bab-b91d-9d7cf8d9d7bb.thumb.jpeg.83afb57332157995d587131264ae0950.jpegtmp_2687bae1-3011-42e8-b843-d3e5ea4587b4.thumb.jpeg.f1ebe94f487b9abb6cfe5291513ad7f2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I travel frequently. I mostly encounter yelling and cussing but no big scenes. I did see a drunk guy picking fights in Amsterdam. He was just belligerent and being a dick and then out of nowhere these 2 attractive female cops came running up and tried to calm him down. The were very patient with him and tried to talk to him. The idiot then made the mistake of pushing one of them and then they weren't so nice. 2 big guy cops joined the party and he was handcuffed and grabbed by the scruff of the neck and lead away crying.

oh got pics of cops

tmp_8df3ea58-d83c-4bab-b91d-9d7cf8d9d7bb.thumb.jpeg.83afb57332157995d587131264ae0950.jpegtmp_2687bae1-3011-42e8-b843-d3e5ea4587b4.thumb.jpeg.f1ebe94f487b9abb6cfe5291513ad7f2.jpeg

I don't think he knows the safe word.

flugge-1.png.851b5274d238b1f66693379b31a06560.png

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, RPM said:

I was asked by a FA once flying back from Cancun if I could open the cabin door in an emergency since I was big and strong sitting in the seat next to it. This told me my special purpose in life was to protect the aircraft and the souls onboard.  Ever since 9/11 I've been tempted to tell the FAs I have their back when I'm boarding, but haven't revealed anything yet. The way I see it if shit goes down I'll scan the cabin for someone else scanning the cabin with a special purpose. We lock eye contact, give a head nod and snap into action delivering whoopass as needed. Fuck this shit.

hotshot.gif

20 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Unfortunately I have traveled by bus a few times.

I don't have to acknowledge all the levels of hell to know when I am in one.

Shameless plug for Texas-Exes run, Vonlane Bus service for traveling about the Lone Star State.  beats flying or driving every time.  We could all travel around Texas for work/play by train but Amtrak stations are just as bad as bus stations, plus we're in Texas and we're stuck having no land and no diesel to run more trains.  Bummer

• Hook 'Em 1

Sometimes I think he's growing it so fast so SWA will buy him out.  I used to fly to the metroplex for work, but 30 mts. to wait for uber/ride to ABIA, 60 mts. in the terminal being miserable, 60 minutes gate to gate, 30 mts to get out of terminal/wait for uber and ride to hotel.  That's 3 hours and i can't really do much else but stand or have 9 minutes of flight time where it's okay to take out laptops.  I can make the same trip in about 3:30 on IH-35 and get absolutely nothing done, not even a phone call because I'm trying just not to die or get pulled over.  

And then along comes Vonlane.  The Hyatt pickup is less than 10 minutes from my home.  I can get there 5 minutes before it leaves.  I can start work the second I sit down or just watch TV.  Food is decent, cheap drinks, bathrooms are nicer than the ones in my house, and 1/3rd of the time, the 'hostess' is pretty damn cute.  Plus, it takes 60 seconds to get off a Vonlane because everybody knows what the fuck they're doing.  It's not 100 people standing up to sort their shit in the aisle and file their taxes.  I'm in an uber and on my way within 3 minutes of pulling into the Westin Dallas.  

Other than some business in El Paso and Midland/Odessa, if you live in Austin...there is no reason to fly within the state for business anymore.  And the airlines know that now.  SWA interstate flights is what built them, but that portion of their business model isn't Netflix anymore, they're Blockbuster.  

Vonlane is a game changer. Unless I’m taking my large, unruly dog with me it’s a no brainer between Houston and Austin. In my previous job, I used it weekly. Pro tip: if you use it frequently, get a Vonlane pass. It’s basically a discounted prepaid account. In addition to a discount, you get free booze on all of your trips.

As for air travel, I’m convinced that the airlines don’t mind that it’s a miserable experience. It helps them create a value proposition for premium products like lounges and first/business class. It definitely works on me. I pay for Clear, Global Entry, have multiple lounge memberships and fly only first or business these days to reduce my exposure to the misery. I think there’s a lot of people out there like that. Heck, WN has been talking about how they might start offering premium products because they realize they’re missing out on a big source of revenue.

Yeah, the pet thing is a non-starter.  You either gotta drive or pay for the furry one to fly.  I love my Vonlane pass. I've accrued some decent rewards on it and still redeem it for free drinks and give to whomever I'm traveling with as tempting as knocking back a drink is with my feet up on those comfy seats.  Now that my youngest is 5...I gotta check the rules again....but I think we're gonna take the girls up to Fort Worth to visit their Aunt/uncle before we head onto summer vacation.  I think they'll get a kick outta watching movies and the snacks get to see Dad on IH-35 not screaming at other drivers.  

And yes, like you, there be a conspiracy afoot here by Big Airplane!  Make the experience more miserable, put drugs in people's drinks to make them flip the fuck out at altitude.  And then convince you on your next trip to upgrade to a premium cabin or lounge and avoid the craziness.  But sooner or later, we all know what's gonna happen.  One of these mid-air freak-outs is actually gonna cause an actual fatal incident.  It's still the safest way to travel but that was based on statistical analysis done when even though flights had stupid people on them, the stupid people just sat and read People magazine.  Now they've been told they're the good ones, and we're the deep passenger state.  

Didn't realize this bill was still active.  Before both chambers, a bill to allow for easier/fuller refunds to passengers who have had flights cancelled or long delayed due to airline issues.  This should go over really well with the already robust amount of psychopaths we have up in the air at any one given time.

"Uh ladies and gentleman, welcome to Spirit Airlines.  I regret to inform you that we have to deplane due to a scheduling error.  But you will all be receiving a food court voucher and $14 towards your next flight!"  

The Zucker Bros. were so prophetic with that scene in "Airplane!" where all the passengers start brawling in the aisles and Torpedo Tits runs across the still-shot.