china flu origin discussion

DDD Dad

I'd argue the delta came from india. Would have liked to see a President shut down travel. It is called oversees. See your relatives on FB fuckers. 

I’m pretty sure Delta virus came from United Airlines. Sneaky bastards.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I am just basically in the blame stage. We know where it cam from. Fuck them. 

The "You can't talk about that" aspect of our reaction bothers me.  That is still something that needs to be seriously addressed, but is ignored because of political position.

Then the pragmatist in me says, it doesn't make a shit, we still need to do the right thing going forward,  not nose spiting face and all that shit.  My frustration is that people are more aligned with their own political views than removing that bullshit from the equation and making a better choice.   Hell, if for no other reason, do it so you can torment your opponent on a future date on the schedule...

The "You can't talk about that" aspect of our reaction bothers me.  That is still something that needs to be seriously addressed, but is ignored because of political position.

Then the pragmatist in me says, it doesn't make a shit, we still need to do the right thing going forward,  not nose spiting face and all that shit.  My frustration is that people are more aligned with their own political views than removing that bullshit from the equation and making a better choice.   Hell, if for no other reason, do it so you can torment your opponent on a future date on the schedule...

There’s a place where Nicole can freely discuss who to blame. This isn’t it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

There’s a place where Nicole can freely discuss who to blame. This isn’t it.

It isn't political. In fact, it was one of the top discussions in the early days of the COVID thread before people started migrating from the Cloak Room to the Daily Texan around March/April of 2020. There were posts doubting the Seafood Market theory that the Chinese government proposed. There were youtube videos discussing the Infectious Disease Lab. There were discussions of bats vs. pangolins vs. an intermediated fish vector...

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

It isn't political. In fact, it was one of the top discussions in the early days of the COVID thread before people started migrating from the Cloak Room to the Daily Texan around March/April of 2020. There were posts doubting the Seafood Market theory that the Chinese government proposed. There were youtube videos discussing the Infectious Disease Lab. There were discussions of bats vs. pangolins vs. an intermediated fish vector...

It is political because it became a rallying cry to divert attention away from criticism of the response to the pandemic. It’s also trolling and off topic. This is the VACCINE thread, not the “virus origin” or general COVID thread.

To argue otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

It is political because it became a rallying cry to divert attention away from criticism of the response to the pandemic.

To argue otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest.

That doesn’t mean that it has to be political.  It came from somewhere. Establishing the details around that is important for several reasons.  The actual facts are not political, unless you want them to be. 

• Like 1

That doesn’t mean that it has to be political.  It came from somewhere. Establishing the details around that is important for several reasons.  The actual facts are not political, unless you want them to be. 

It doesn’t have to be political. But when it gets brought up in this forum it invariably goes there. So that’s why you should just talk about it where you can have a free discussion that can include the political aspects that are almost necessarily intertwined.

But it’s pretty clear that Nicole is trying to troll by bringing it up IN THE VACCINE THREAD. This isn’t the first time. She’s previously admitted to it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

[A] large percentage of America thinks [. . .] COVID is fake, vaccines don't work or help, and in fact, they're causing COVID, which is fake, by the way, and the stories about hospital capacity are part of the Deep State's carefully orchestrated plan to lie to us.

They don't care about your kid, mine, or anyone else's.  They simply bathe in their psychosis, and grin.

Spot on. 

Hell, even Ayn Rand would have hated Donald Trump and his clueless devotees. From the Ayn Rand Institute (it does indeed exist): https://ari.aynrand.org/the-anti-intellectuality-of-donald-trump-why-ayn-rand-would-have-despised-a-president-trump/

THE ANTI-INTELLECTUALITY OF DONALD TRUMP: WHY AYN RAND WOULD HAVE DESPISED A PRESIDENT TRUMP '

. . . 

Trump’s salient characteristic as a political figure is anti-intellectuality. Because Rand saw this mentality as on the rise (she called it the anti-conceptual mentality), she had a lot to say about it, and it’s illuminating how much of it fits Trump.

In Rand’s terms, to be intellectual is to sustain through life the conviction that ideas matter. This means that knowledge, abstract principles, justice and truth are of personal importance to you, embedded in everything you value and informing your every action. “To take ideas seriously,” Rand says, “means that you intend to live by, to practice, any idea you accept as true.”

This is a demanding responsibility. To be intellectual requires real independence of judgment and enduring honesty and integrity.

It’s not just that Trump lacks these virtues; in comparison to, say, Jefferson, Washington or Madison, most of today’s politicians do. It’s that Trump projects disdain for these virtues.

. . . Closely connected to this disdain for the truth is a complete amoralism. “The normal pattern of self-appraisal,” Rand observes, “requires reference to some abstract value or virtue,” such as “I am good because I am rational” or “I am good because I am honest.” But the entire realm of abstract principles and standards is unknown to an anti-intellectual mentality. The phenomenon of judging himself by such standards, therefore, is alien. Instead, Rand argues, the “implicit pattern of all his estimates is: ‘It’s good because I like it’ — ‘It’s right because I did it’ — ‘It’s true because I want it to be true.’”

Trump’s co-author on The Art of the Deal, Tony Schwartz, said that in the eighteen months he worked with Trump “the word ‘moral’ never came up . . . that was not part of his vocabulary.” Other commentators have noted that, no matter how shameful his actions, like his whitewashing of the neo-Nazi demonstration in Charlottesville, which in Trump’s telling contained some “very fine people,” it’s impossible to shame Trump. This is the reason.

The self-centeredness that an amoralist exhibits, Rand holds, is centered on self-doubt; he therefore exhibits a constant and pathetic need to be loved, to be seen as a big shot and as the greatest ever. Observe Trump’s steady refrain that he’s accomplishing feats no other president has or could, Washington, Madison and Lincoln included. One suspects that the fake Time magazine with him on the cover hanging in Mar-a-Lago was as much to assuage Trump’s anxieties as to impress the gullible and sycophantic among his guests.

The place that loyalty to abstract standards occupies in a moral person’s mind, Rand argues, is typically replaced in an anti-intellectual mentality by “loyalty to the group.” Observe Trump’s special focus on this. Loyalty is desirable — if it has been earned. But Trump demands it up-front. As former FBI Director James Comey and others have remarked, a pledge of loyalty was among the first things Trump asked of them.

The wider phenomenon this demand for loyalty represents is a profound tribalism, a world divided into the loyal and the disloyal, insiders and outsiders, us versus them. To get a flavor, listen to any Trump rally.

Rand argued that in a period of intellectual and cultural bankruptcy, if the anti-intellectual mentality is on the rise, tribalism will be ascending culturally and, politically, a country will drift toward authoritarianism and ultimately dictatorship.

When tens of millions of cult followers are not vaccinated, and will not wear masks because - again - cult followers - at this point in time the issue of lab versus bat fucking origin has nothing to do with that.

It’s like trying to divert a thread about a failed govt response to a massive wildfire by injecting whether it was a lighting strike or arsonist as ignition source. I mean, it does matter at some time and after it is over, but it is not relevant to the government response discussion about why half of the fire fighters refuse to use shovels.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Summary - Donald Trump: too shitty for even Ayn Rand.

When tens of millions of cult followers are not vaccinated, and will not wear masks because - again - cult followers - at this point in time the issue of lab versus bat fucking origin has nothing to do with that.

It’s like trying to divert a thread about a failed govt response to a massive wildfire by injecting whether it was a lighting strike or arsonist as ignition source. I mean, it does matter at some time and after it is over, but it is not relevant to the government response discussion about why half of the fire fighters refuse to use shovels.

This, over and over. There’s how a fire started, and how we responded to it. This fire burned is brutally and continues to do so not because it was started by arson vs lightning, but because our response is hampered by 40% of our firefighters insists that fire is a hoax, and if you just apply horse paste to your trees, they won’t catch fire.
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Pretty lazy analogy but ok.  You don’t stop battling the fire to investigate what happened.  And it absolutely matters whether it was an arsonist or a random lightning strike.  Sort of how it matters if it was a malicious act by a bad actor, or just an act of God.  No one, at least that I’ve seen, is saying you should docs off the front lines to investigate its origin.  But someone absolutely should be. 

Pretty lazy analogy but ok.  You don’t stop battling the fire to investigate what happened.  And it absolutely matters whether it was an arsonist or a random lightning strike.  Sort of how it matters if it was a malicious act by a bad actor, or just an act of God.  No one, at least that I’ve seen, is saying you should docs off the front lines to investigate its origin.  But someone absolutely should be. 

Sounds like a great item for discussion in another thread. Since it has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

China Virus!

(Come on Nicole. Control yourself)

My bad. I can’t go back and delete all my anger drunk posts. I don’t think it’s political to blame where the virus came from. I don’t see it. If it was created in a lab it’s biological warfare and given the fact that China is very responsible for climate change (very very true) they suck. If the virus came from a lab in China why can’t we be pissed off at them? Not Chinese people. Their fucking government? We can’t give pissed off? This idea it was a rare animal interaction is as dumb as people as the people who won’t get vaxxed or wear their masks. I got my vaccinations and wear my mask everywhere. 

Literally nothing you are talking about has anything to do with my analogy. You just invented the issue of stop battling the fire - a concept neither expressed or implied. Nor did I say it did not matter. I said it does not matter in a discussion of the failed and bewilderingly inept response to the threat….because the origin has NOTHING to do with the vaccine issues.

You want to talk about origin, but you have to know that inserting that discussion is usually three steps to Hunter Biden’s secret ties to Soros and the Chiiiinah lab.

Maybe we shouldn't use American taxpayer money to fund Chinese scientists to go stick q-tips up bat's asses in caves with no oversight and bring all there samples back to labs with lax safety procedures surrounded by major population centers.  Just maybe.  If that's too political for you, you have brain damage.  

Not too political. Just not Covid vaccine related. Start a China virus origin thread in CR. Seems to be legit interest in it.

giphy.gif

I’d like to know more.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

because the origin has NOTHING to do with the vaccine issues.

Interesting you feel there is absolutely nothing that can be learned from that.  I’d posit that starting from scratch would be more difficult than potentially having a jumping off point from a entity that’s been studying and breeding it for who knows how many years.  

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You want to talk about origin, but you have to know that inserting that discussion is usually three steps to Hunter Biden’s secret ties to Soros and the Chiiiinah lab.

Lol. No projection there.  Your instant hyperbole reaffirms to me exactly why you don’t want to even think about it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Maybe we shouldn't use American taxpayer money to fund Chinese scientists to go stick q-tips up bat's asses in caves with no oversight and bring all there samples back to labs with lax safety procedures surrounded by major population centers.  Just maybe.  If that's too political for you, you have brain damage.  

All I know is that you dig fireworks and that makes u a cool poster in my book. Sorry for shitting on this thread. I have a bunch of tests on Monday to determine what’s wrong with me (physical shit not mental—that would be a hat trick) and I made a decision if it’s cancer I’m not going to fight it. Someone will come along and delete my posts I’m guessing. I still don’t understand why I can’t be pissed off at the Chinese government? 23 of the cities contributing to climate change are in China? As if China wasn’t in lockstep with Russia? If the virus originated from Alabama? We couldn’t be pissed? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Propagandist!1!@! Sociopath!1!! Astroturfer!1!!

All I know is that you dig fireworks and that makes u a cool poster in my book. Sorry for shitting on this thread. I have a bunch of tests on Monday to determine what’s wrong with me (physical shit not mental—that would be a hat trick) and I made a decision if it’s cancer I’m not going to fight it. Someone will come along and delete my posts I’m guessing. I still don’t understand why I can’t be pissed off at the Chinese government? 23 of the cities contributing to climate change are in China? As if China wasn’t in lockstep with Russia? If the virus originated from Alabama? We couldn’t be pissed? 

Cite the post where someone said that you “can’t be pissed at China”.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Cite the post where someone said that you “can’t be pissed at chine”.

Sorry Chine? Also just watching John Wick for the first time. They killed his fucking dog. Keanu is really good at the fighter shit. I think btw somehow blaming China is why people still won’t get vaccinated. I haven’t worked out why. I’ve literally canceled friends that I love dearly for their stance on vaccinations. I grew up in Amarillo-most conservative place that I can think of. I don’t get why people will arm up for government/Russian/Chinese invaders but don’t understand that a vaccination is our best hope. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Do they really stick q-tips up bats asses in caves? 

Because that’s just groddy. Like gag me with a spoon. 

My bad. I can’t go back and delete all my anger drunk posts. I don’t think it’s political to blame where the virus came from. I don’t see it. If it was created in a lab it’s biological warfare and given the fact that China is very responsible for climate change (very very true) they suck. If the virus came from a lab in China why can’t we be pissed off at them? Not Chinese people. Their fucking government? We can’t give pissed off? This idea it was a rare animal interaction is as dumb as people as the people who won’t get vaxxed or wear their masks. I got my vaccinations and wear my mask everywhere. 

You could have just apologized and moved in. But instead you chose to continue your rant, now presumably sober.

Just stop.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Be pissed off all you want.  Just do it in another thread. 

and I hope your tests work out for you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Interesting you feel there is absolutely nothing that can be learned from that. I’d posit that starting from scratch would be more difficult than potentially having a jumping off point from a entity that’s been studying and breeding it for who knows how many years.

giphy.gif

Sorry. I don’t speak Q. Are you saying the lab that created the virus did not help the manufacturers of the amazingly effective vaccine - that was developed amazingly quick - therefore preventing the development of an even more effective and quickly available vaccine?

Because people hesitant to take the vaccine would be more likely to take a vaccine if they knew the vaccine makers collaborated with the lab who created the deadly bug?

Are you saying it was almost certainly a China lab made bug? And you want to get to the bottom of that, because you assume the bug lab would admit to developing it and say, “My bad global bros with piles of dead people - here are the secret plans to the spike protein..” ?

You posit that we all assume that the China lab has been “breeding it for who knows how many years”, and absent that lab info sharing the available vaccines have been delayed and/or made less effective due to the lack of sharing?

cd86fdf81fbf704fb089d30b40cc002e.gif

26 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You could have just apologized and moved in. But instead you chose to continue your rant, now presumably sober.

Just stop.

Thank you for the other post. ❤️I feel it is appropriate to discuss the Original cause of this pandemic and why it happened. Jmo.

25 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Thank you for the other post. ❤️feel it is appropriate to discuss the Original cause of this pandemic and why it happened. Jmo.

I think it is too, and I don't think that discussion necessarily needs to belong in CR, but I do agree with those who say that it doesn't really belong on this thread.

Unfortunately there's no general COVID thread on DT anymore, because too many jackwagons couldn't keep their useless political opinions out of that thread.

You could start an "Origins of COVID" thread in DT, and there might actually be some decent dialog and insights for a while, but inevitably I fear it would devolve into just a lot more monkeys flinging poo.

• Hook 'Em 1

I just created one in the CR. Won’t fuck up this thread anymore. Sorry and yet I don’t give two shits what anyone thinks about me. Apparently, I have some “fan club” doubt I’d find that in the CR. They seem like they don’t have the means to crowd source my ass so I’ve got that going for me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I just created one in the CR. Won’t fuck up this thread anymore. Sorry and yet I don’t give two shits what anyone thinks about me. Apparently, I have some “fan club” doubt I’d find that in the CR. They seem like they don’t have the means to crowd source my ass so I’ve got that going for me. 

FWIW I have nothing against you and generally enjoy your input around here.

I just get a little frustrated when you get stubborn about thread drifting.

Good on you for acknowledging and stepping up to discuss in an appropriate venue.

Also I will reiterate that I hope your tests turn out well.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, DDD Dad said:

FWIW I have nothing against you and generally enjoy your input around here.

I just get a little frustrated when you get stubborn about thread drifting.

Good on you for acknowledging and stepping up to discuss in an appropriate venue.

Also I will reiterate that I hope your tests turn out well.

I love you too! ❤️ John Wick is awesome.  Never have seen movie. They either killed the world for a reason, the Chinese, or they were doing the same government stuff we all are. They just fucked up?