Notre Dame V. Florida State. And Holy Shit...

Wally Pryor

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

That is what I was thinking, I was hoping the official would come back and say upon further review it was an incomplete pass, and intentional grounding and they would move it back 15 yards from where he threw the ball.

Of course Florida state would not have tried the field goal, and then I expected them to hit a home run pass to score a touchdown

I don't think they could call intentional grounding on that review.  Calling intentional grounding on that review would have required the official to create a foul when there was no call by the on field officials.  Intentional grounding is not a foul where that is allowable.

Reviewable Fouls ARTICLE 8. The following plays are reviewable and the replay official may create a foul when there is no call by the on-field officials: a. Player making a forward pass or forward handoff when the player’s entire body and the ball is or has been beyond the neutral zone or after a change of possession (Rule 12-3-2-c and -d). b. Player beyond the neutral zone when kicking the ball (Rule 12-3-4-b). c. Blocking by players of the kicking team before they are eligible to touch the ball on an onside kick (Rule 12-3-4-e). d. The number of players on the field for either team during a live ball (Rule 12-3-6-a). e. Illegal touching of a forward pass by an originally eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds or touching of a forward pass by an originally ineligible player (Rules 12-3-2-b and 12-3-3-h). f. A player touching or recovering a kick or loose ball who is or has been out of bounds during the kick. (Rule 12-3-4-f). g. Forward pass that becomes illegal as a second pass after an on-field ruling of a backward pass is reversed (Rule 12-3-2-e). h. A clear and obvious targeting foul (Rule 12-3-5-b).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Everyone realizes he was trying to make a joke. He botched it and looked like a moron. 

this. I believe at the time, McKay was the head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs(you know professionals) at the time and it was the 70's.  to be fair, the expansion Bucs probably did need to be executed.

oh, and I don't think anyone died on his watch either, so there's that.

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don't think they could call intentional grounding on that review.  Calling intentional grounding on that review would have required the official to create a foul when there was no call by the on field officials.  Intentional grounding is not a foul where that is allowable.

Reviewable Fouls ARTICLE 8. The following plays are reviewable and the replay official may create a foul when there is no call by the on-field officials: a. Player making a forward pass or forward handoff when the player’s entire body and the ball is or has been beyond the neutral zone or after a change of possession (Rule 12-3-2-c and -d). b. Player beyond the neutral zone when kicking the ball (Rule 12-3-4-b). c. Blocking by players of the kicking team before they are eligible to touch the ball on an onside kick (Rule 12-3-4-e). d. The number of players on the field for either team during a live ball (Rule 12-3-6-a). e. Illegal touching of a forward pass by an originally eligible receiver who has gone out of bounds or touching of a forward pass by an originally ineligible player (Rules 12-3-2-b and 12-3-3-h). f. A player touching or recovering a kick or loose ball who is or has been out of bounds during the kick. (Rule 12-3-4-f). g. Forward pass that becomes illegal as a second pass after an on-field ruling of a backward pass is reversed (Rule 12-3-2-e). h. A clear and obvious targeting foul (Rule 12-3-5-b).

Look who has a rule book, and a pocket protector. I didn't say they could make that ruling, only that I wanted it 

13 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

Right cause you're a joke.

Whatever. Kelly is a jackass and you have blood on your hands if you support him. I’m just sad that Marcus Freeman is working for a piece of shit like Kelly. He should set his sights higher than that.

Nothing would be more awesome than seeing UC beating ND on 10/2.

GO BEARCATS!