South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

Alex is starting to at least get a little flustered. He’s talking too much to explain answers to the stealing stuff. 

He can lie to himself looking in the mirror. He can justify things to himself. Waters won’t move off the financials this morning for whatever reason. I know he’s about to launch into June. 

14 hours ago, Underdog said:

X, X, 1

Who is that woman anyway?  I may be in love. 

you-serious-clark-cousin-eddie.gif

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m frustrated but I know he’s getting to the timeline the night of the murders. He’s established a lot already. Alex has pleaded NG to the financial crimes! Whoops! He lies and he steals and we know this. 

Yeah, he's kind of admitted on the record that he's knowingly stolen money from his clients. Seems that case won't need to be tried.

• Hook 'Em 1

How hard is it to ask:

as a former solicitor you know that lying to the police can impede their investigation? 
you lied to police that night, on June 10th and on August 11th about being in the kennels is that correct? You impeded the investigation into Maggie and Paul’s murders but lying to them about where you were that night? Is that right? You lied!  How did that help the investigation? You impeded their investigation? 

I mean I’m not good at this but shit I am waiting for him to do that…better than me but do something like that. 

• Like 1

alls i know is i've never once been to south carolina, but if this is how folks there are generally, i'm not interested. who has kennels? everyone has two names (as a guy with two names in my family, i sympathize), nicknames, spit cups, chickens to eat or some shit.

what the hell is going on in this trial?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

If he was on the golf cart and drove it back to the house why was it parked next to their bodies when he returned from seeing his mother? Caught in one lie now. He’d have had to drive the cart back there and see their bodies before driving to his mom’s? 

How did Paul and Maggie get to the kennels? There was no vehicle at the kennels when Alex returned from his parents house. No way Maggie walked from the house to the kennels, she had just gotten a pedicure hours earlier. 

I think they had dinner, drove Paul’s truck to the kennels, Alex shot them, took the murder guns and put them in Paul’s truck, drove Paul’s truck back to the main house, and left to his parents’ house in the Suburban. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I havent been watching this closely or paying much attention, but I just look at his body language and his mannerisms. It seems that if the jury isn’t really paying attention to all of his inconsistencies, they will have doubts about his guilt. He’s doing a very good job of faking. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

How did Paul and Maggie get to the kennels? There was no vehicle at the kennels when Alex returned from his parents house. No way Maggie walked from the house to the kennels, she had just gotten a pedicure hours earlier. 

I think they had dinner, drove Paul’s truck to the kennels, Alex shot them, took the murder guns and put them in Paul’s truck, drove Paul’s truck back to the main house, and left to his parents’ house in the Suburban. 

He’s getting caught. It’s just amazing if his seeing them for a few short minutes before they were killed by someone other than him how suddenly lying about it is necessary. They saw you. You saw them. You shot them both. And took 283 steps between 9:02 and 9:07 pm. Lots of steps! You were hot bloated and withdrawing and yet just had to race go see your mother for 21 minutes? Nope. 

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I have been watching this closely or paying much attention, but I just look at his body language and his mannerisms. It seems that if the jury isn’t really paying attention to all of his inconsistencies, they will have doubts about his guilt. He’s doing a very good job of faking. 

He’s a practiced liar and only when caught does he shift to problem solving skills normal people don’t use. Like faking a roadside attempted murder and killing your wife and son. 

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have been watching this closely or paying much attention, but I just look at his body language and his mannerisms. It seems that if the jury isn’t really paying attention to all of his inconsistencies, they will have doubts about his guilt. He’s doing a very good job of faking. 

this is my impression. he's not overly argumentative, but he does manage to fire back without sounding too petulant. i honestly thought he would've already broken by now. he's playing the part of "i'm a bad guy, i've done bad things, also addiction, but i didn't kill anyone" very well. i mean, as a neutral observer who hasn't followed this as closely as my wife, i think this guy is guilty af

• Hook 'Em 1

Effective strategy by Murdaugh to repeat/clarify the questions a number of times before getting anywhere close to answering them.  Guarantees that he's giving the answer he wants to, dramatically increases how long this is taking, and at times clearly frustrating the hell out of Waters.

Why would Alex go to his parents house so late at night? It’s a huge bitch for Alzheimer’s/dementia patients to be bothered after they are already down for the night.

Yes, I know his father died a few days later. If his reasoning is that he visited so late at night because he was concerned about his father’s health, it would have made more sense to go earlier in the day instead of driving around the property with Paul messing around with trees and hogs.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Why would Alex go to his parents house so late at night? It’s a huge bitch for Alzheimer’s/dementia patients to be bothered after they are already down for the night.

Yes, I know his father died a few days later. If his reasoning is that he visited so late at night because he was concerned about his father’s health, it would have made more sense to go earlier in the day instead of driving around the property with Paul messing around with trees and hogs.

I'd hate for my life to hang in the balance of some random decision like that.  (I'm not suggesting he's innocent, I honestly don't know)

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

I'd hate for my life to hang in the balance of some random decision like that.  (I'm not suggesting he's innocent, I honestly don't know)

It’s a very strange time frame. 16 minute drive to get there. Stayed 21 minutes. 16 minute drive back and arrives to find family murdered and cops later find his wife’s cell phone on the side of the road on the same route he took to mom’s precisely where his Onstar data shows he slowed down. Only the killer(s) could have tossed the phone. 

Hey my tweet now has 25k views! I am famous! Lol.

4ADD3AF7-3118-48D7-8FF5-19C17129A29F.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a very strange time frame. 16 minute drive to get there. Stayed 21 minutes. 16 minute drive back and arrives to find family murdered and cops later find his wife’s cell phone on the side of the road on the same route he took to mom’s precisely where his Onstar data shows he slowed down. Only the killer(s) could have tossed the phone. 

Is that road the obvious (or the only) route for anyone leaving his home?  I mean, is it reasonable that a different killer would have traveled the same route after the murders?

Visiting his parents for 21 minutes is definitely strange.

Magge and Paul were killed with different guns, right?  Just curious, because I thought I read that.  And i assume forensics make it impossible that Paul shot his mom and then himself?

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Congrats, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Onstar data on his car that night showed he slowed down at the exact point her phone was found. So in the 53 minutes he was gone another killer or killers came down there and killed them. Then he comes back sees them dead calls 911 and the first thing he does is lie and tell them he wasn’t there and took a nap. And continues to lie over and over about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The story that his lawyers didn’t want him to testify is bs. This guy has been thoroughly prepped and ready to testify. 

Also, the prosecutor kinda sucks. 

Well of course they prepped the shit out of him, and he surely prepped himself.

That doesn't mean they wanted him on the stand.  Maybe they did, I don't know.

• Like 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Is there a clear motive? I don’t understand killing his son. 

It's been explained to me that his son's death would end a lawsuit that was going to expose all his embezzlement, among other consequences.  His wife may have been intending to divorce him.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It's been explained to me that his son's death would end a lawsuit that was going to expose all his embezzlement, among other consequences.  His wife may have been intending to divorce him.

Ah right. I guess that would also stop the lawsuit award too. 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Ah right. I guess that would also stop the lawsuit award too. 

It stopped the hearing in court scheduled for June 10th that would have forced him to give over financial records which would show what he’d been doing stealingwise. It stopped the criminal case against Paul. He immediately told first responders and anyone who would listen he’d not been there at the kennels but that Paul had enemies from the boat crash. And that they should look into these nefarious people while lying about where he’d been.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

alls i know is i've never once been to south carolina, but if this is how folks there are generally, i'm not interested. who has kennels? everyone has two names (as a guy with two names in my family, i sympathize), nicknames, spit cups, chickens to eat or some shit.

what the hell is going on in this trial?

Parts of South Carolina, particularly along the coast, are fucking spectacular. But, yes, like in most Southern states there are some really, really fucking shitty, backwards people.

16 minutes ago, Augustus said:

He and the wife were separated at the time of her death and she's apparently hired a forensic accountant to pore through their family finances.

• Hook 'Em 3