South Carolina Attorney shot in head months after wife and son shot dead

Nicole44

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I always thought Maggie and Paul’s case was weak. I guess Alex was sober for 20 minutes and did a pretty decent job of covering his tracks. 

Again, slam it home on the financial crimes. A half assed jury probably gives him 15 years. After the full Oz experience for a couple years, Alex would be begging to cut a deal. 

Instead, he’ll probably get a mistrial and then house arrest at his brother’s mansion while the state plots their next shitty move. 

I’d disagree in the State’s case being weak on the murders. I thought the timeline was masterful. It gives very little room for anyone other than Alex to have done it. But it’s all how you close. Many trial experts think this will be won or lost in the close. It’s a large bundle of circumstantial evidence. But SLED never went to Alex’s moms house with a SW that night. Should have done it and didn’t. And they didn’t secure the crime scene and let all of Alex’s friends and law partners walk all over it. So if he gets away it’s because of those two things not because he’s not capable of it. 

If Alex was employed at the firm while these settlements were received, how is the firm not liable in addition to Alex?
I would assume their various insurance policies would cover for some of those funds.

I think they have been paying a lot to settle these cases that he stole from

I do wonder how dirty the rest of the firm is.
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I think they have been paying a lot to settle these cases that he stole from

I do wonder how dirty the rest of the firm is.

Oh ya…I’d be willing to bet that Alex learned his schemes from that firm. Their whole salary plus divide up the case winnings money in December is a bit odd. The thing is though the firm may have stolen BUT Alex stole from them. And that was just a step too far. You can steal from everyone else just don’t get caught and do not steal from us. He done fucked up there in their minds. Reporters started crawling up that family’s ass from the death of Mallory on. Particularly Mandy Matney and others. They went and got documents and did research and exposed a lot of shit. Shit that would otherwise have not see the light of day except a girl died and the Murdaughs could not make that particular death of Mallory Beach just go away. Not for lack of trying.

Watching the doc on Netflix again.  How does a guy as big as Alex have a little runt like Paul.  Also going by Alec is so stupid. Your name is fucking Alex.  Anthony Cook and Mallory are good but feel like they’re overacting.   All in all these people aren’t super uncommon in the country. I don’t necessarily mean the corruption but the behavior and activity.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

So how many docu-series are there?  Which one is the best?  

Here is a guide to the ones that have been made. Of those I’d recommend the HBO one and the ID Network (Discovery+) one. Mandy Matney (the young reporter from the Island Packet who was critical in uncovering all of this damning stuff on the family chose not to participate in the Netflix one even though they offered her a lot of money. I highly recommend following her Twitter and her Podcast with two other people “Cup of Justice.” 

Here is the guide to what has been made so far: https://www.primetimer.com/features/alex-murdaugh-murders-netflix-documentary-guide

Here is an article detailing what that young lady has been up against since exposing that family. They think she is the Devil incarnate. They have never been treated like this. They blame her for everything even though it was their drunk Ass son who really created the avalanche by killing Mallory Beach and was what lit the fuse. The Murdaugh family blames her, Mark Tinsley (Plaintiff’s attorney for the Beach family) and the Cook family for all their bad fortune. They really are pieces of work. 

Anyway follow Mandy on Twitter listen to a podcast or two (particularly the ones that sum up everything.) read this article in particular:

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/16/mandy-matney-alex-murdaugh-writer-crime-story

Around these parts Matney, who turned 31 three days before the Murdaugh double homicide, is our Jessica Fletcher – steadfastly connecting all the dots at FITSNews, the Carolina news hub where she is editorial director. Her hit podcast, Murdaugh Murders, has enthralled the country and has Hollywood scrambling to spin off their own versions of this epic true crime story.

—————-

Anyway, I recommend the ID Network one the best. That would be the one I felt had the best flow. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

I hope this ends soon so Nicole can get some rest. 

Lol…thanks man. Been burning the midnight oil on this one. But it will be on to the next one. None will be as captivating as this one because it is rooted in so much corruption. Just all the damage this family has done. 

Here is the most complete timeline (obviously something new happens each day but it is as current as it can be—like trial for murders of Maggie and Paul):

https://www.wjcl.com/article/alex-murdaugh-timeline-murder-update-7/42942455

This is the best one of all of them I have found. All the major players in the financial crimes, Beach boat homicide, Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield Cases, Roadside shooting and Cousin Eddie’s involvement plus the murders of Maggie and Paul. So much shit man. So much shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Saw someone comment on Twitter that unless you knew when Maggie and Paul died there would be no reason to lie about your whereabouts that evening. No need to say you’d been gone an hour and a half and last saw your wife and son 45 minutes before that. Basically 2 hours and 15 minutes a far cry from being right there on the scene and only being gone about 53 minutes. If they were killed after you left you’d just be like, “Shit I just left to see my mom who has dementia and my wife and son didn’t want to go and omg I come back to find them dead.” His insistence for nearly a year and a half that he had been gone that whole time only changed recently and only bc he couldn’t dispute it anymore. He says he lied bc of drugs and paranoia associated with them and a deep distrust of SLED even though he carried a badge and had his vehicle outfitted with police blue lights. Sure Jan…

But as 14th Circuit solicitor, Murdaugh’s father, Randolph, took his son on as a volunteer prosecutor. And though he only led one criminal trial in more than two decades, Murdaugh used the position to justify having blue lights installed in the vehicle his law firm provided him.

He did not do so without permission: Murdaugh testified he first sought and won the blessing of three counties’ sheriffs, whom he considered friends — under state law, only emergency vehicles and security patrol cars can display blue lights.
https://www.postandcourier.com/murdaugh-updates/alex-murdaugh-had-badge-and-blue-lights-in-his-car-but-says-distrust-of-police/article_6a69aad4-b530-11ed-991d-0f61a49c3f4f.html

9 hours ago, Stringer said:

I’ve watched both the Netflix and HBO docs and this, to me, is his greatest crime.

this. the Alec, not Alex and Murduck not Murdaugh is just stupid.  someone in that family has some deal with the hard C sound.

Also, next time I see Mark Murdock I'm callin him Mark Murdaugh..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Defense expects to rest today. Good! State has a few more rebuttal witnesses. Both the defense and state would like the jury to visit Moselle. Wow. They agree on that. I guess cameras can’t go. Bummer. 
looks like Mark Tinsley (zero dark Tinsley) will be called again. Interesting. 

Alex looks kinda upset this morning. Wonder why? Judge will allow the jury to visit Moselle/kennels and the lawyers will go and Judge and law enforcement. Jury can’t speak or ask questions because that would be premature deliberation so people will be there to make sure that doesn’t happen. 

Defense about to bring on their next witness/first one after Alex.

Edited by Nicole44

I’m not sure calling these experts for the defense on the time of death is really all that helpful to them. We know M&P we’re alive up to 8:49 pm. We know this bc Paul was actively using his phone. A few minutes later both phones locked forever. Not sure what is up with Alex today but he seems really upset/bothered by something. I hope he tested positive for drugs when he got smuggled that book the day of the bomb threat when the court had to be evacuated. They arrested some inmate for that btw. I had some small hope that one rebuttal witness for the State would have something to do with that…

• Like 1

Al-lick Mur-Dock man! 

His brother is on the stand…there are several things I’d ask him on cross…we shall see. Defense wants to end their case on what a wonderful father and husband Cowlick was and how much he loved them and would never ever harm them. 

Id ask how he felt when he found out Alex lied. About the guns missing. When he found out his brother was a huge pill head. When he found out he stole all that money. Where he went specifically the night of the murders. Did he go to their mom’s house? And so on. The defense’s two experts today said they believed Paul’s head shot was a contact wound and that there had to be two shooters but the State didn’t really grill them on that. They can always bring back their experts on rebuttal and the State has a few more witnesses for tomorrow.

For the record, I have not watched any of the documentaries or podcasts or anything. I don’t like the true-crime genre simply because it’s always biased one way or the other, and I don’t want to join Nicole in the loony bin if he’s found not guilty. Apologies if I’m asking questions to things that are old news to some/most of yall.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

…there are several things I’d ask him on cross…

"What did you think of the Urban Meyer to Texas rumors?"

"Do you find Sam Ehlinger as dreamy as I do?"

"Have you ever gotten hammered on Smirnoff Ice Screwdrivers and posted nudes of yourself on a football forum?"

"Did you see the nudes I posted?"

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Deej said:

"What did you think of the Urban Meyer to Texas rumors?"

"Do you find Sam Ehlinger as dreamy as I do?"

"Have you ever gotten hammered on Smirnoff Ice Screwdrivers and posted nudes of yourself on a football forum?"

"Did you see the nudes I posted?"

Been sober since April 24, 2022. But I know that you are referring to this picture from last March…

362CF52B-6A18-4177-AA13-3E1503430486.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2023 at 8:28 AM, dcar00 said:

this. the Alec, not Alex and Murduck not Murdaugh is just stupid.  someone in that family has some deal with the hard C sound.

Also, next time I see Mark Murdock I'm callin him Mark Murdaugh..

Historically, Gaelic names like Murdaugh were pronounced and often spelled Murdoc or Murdock.

See also, Loughead, the original spelling of Lockheed.

Scots will also pronounce Alex as Alec, or make little differentiation between the spellings with the same "ck" pronunciation.

Some of those Scots-Irish in the South never got too far away from that shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Historically, Gaelic names like Murdaugh were pronounced and often spelled Murdoc or Murdock.

I've been using another pronunciation of "augh" so I've taken to calling him Murdaff.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

He looked pretty unhinged today…

To me that looks like an addict needing his stuff.  Not sure what his claimed drug of choice was, but give that guy a handful of Adderall, or Vicodin, or whatever and he'd probably look normal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Scots will also pronounce Alex as Alec, or make little differentiation between the spellings with the same "ck" pronunciation.

Some of those Scots-Irish in the South never got too far away from that shit.

the fucking Scots Irish, always fucking up everything...

38 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

To me that looks like an addict needing his stuff.  Not sure what his claimed drug of choice was, but give that guy a handful of Adderall, or Vicodin, or whatever and he'd probably look normal. 

That’s acting. He’s trying to look distressed. Could be pill mouth I guess. He’s been locked up for awhile. He should be able to go without his drugs for a day or two. 

Edited by Da Fino
  • Hook 'Em 1