Chipmunk Traps and Bait

The fucking cat keeps bringing in chipmunks in the house, gets bored of playing with them, and then leaves. We have to basically tear the den apart to get these impressively stupid rodents to leave. I seriously doubt she'll kill it while we're out, so what bait should I use? I'm reading peanut butter and sunflower seeds but wondering if any of you have had to trap these fuckers inside the house before. I'm guessing any squrrel-like trap will do?

Edited by GSU&UT

53 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

The fucking cat keeps bringing in chipmunks in the house, gets bored of playing with them, and then leaves. We have to basically rear the den apart to get these impressively stupid rodents to leave. I seriously doubt she'll kill it while we're out, so what bait should I use? I'm reading peanut butter and sunflower seeds but wondering if any of you have had to trap these fuckers inside the house before. I'm guessing any squrrel-like trap will do?

I've used the peanut butter trick before but never on a chipmunk. Kinky.

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Who is letting the cat in while carrying a chipmunk?

We leave the porch door cracked since she'll freak out if it's closed (whether she wants in or out). She's not going outside for a while though.

Sad that I can't at least get a trap recommendation.

Edited by GSU&UT

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

We leave the porch door cracked since she'll freak out if it's closed (whether she wants in or out).

Sad that I can't at least get a trap recommendation.

How injured are they?  Small havahart with peanut butter is kind of the standby for squirrels.

https://www.amazon.com/Havahart-1025-Small-2-Door-Animal/dp/B000BQQMJQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1526179156&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=havahart&psc=1

Edited by TwiceHorn

15 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

The fucking cat keeps bringing in chipmunks in the house, gets bored of playing with them, and then leaves. We have to basically tear the den apart to get these impressively stupid rodents to leave. I seriously doubt she'll kill it while we're out, so what bait should I use? I'm reading peanut butter and sunflower seeds but wondering if any of you have had to trap these fuckers inside the house before. I'm guessing any squrrel-like trap will do?

catch it in the coat, and smack it with the hammer.