2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

Yep. If Green had gone to Texas, they would be jizzing themselves over this pick. I can recognize he had a very productive career at aggy, and will likely be a 10 year starter for the Texans on the interior with the chance to play RT in emergencies.

I hope you are right

It would be nice if they got Breece Hall and had a RB that actually kicked ass rather than Patriot retreads and dudes they picked in the 6th round. I doubt he will be there at #37 though. 

Johnson and LB Devin Lloyd would be worth trading back up for. There are also some good dudes that may be around at the top of the second (OT from Tulsa, DE Karlaftis from Purdue, CBs from Clemson and Florida, ND St WR).

4 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It would be nice if they got Breece Hall and had a RB that actually kicked ass rather than Patriot retreads and dudes they picked in the 6th round. I doubt he will be there at #37 though. 

Johnson and LB Devin Lloyd would be worth trading back up for. There are also some good dudes that may be around at the top of the second (OT from Tulsa, DE Karlaftis from Purdue, CBs from Clemson and Florida, ND St WR).

Yeah there are still some solid players left; totally forgot about Karlaftis…

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Zierlein called it. Nailed both 1st round Texans picks.

Zierlein is BFF with the Colt’s GM, his dad is/was a Steelers OL coach for a long time, and he’s right with a lot of agents. He liked Sauce better than Stingley, but knew Lovie and Caserio liked Stingley and were going to take him back on Monday. He got tipped off yesterday about Kenyon Green being their pick if they couldn’t trade back up and get the OT or WR they wanted. 

9 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Zierlein is BFF with the Colt’s GM, his dad is/was a Steelers OL coach for a long time, and he’s right with a lot of agents. He liked Sauce better than Stingley, but knew Lovie and Caserio liked Stingley and were going to take him back on Monday. He got tipped off yesterday about Kenyon Green being their pick if they couldn’t trade back up and get the OT or WR they wanted. 

Whatever happened to John Harris, is he covering Alabama football now?

Breece Hall at #37 would be nice. Another intriguing prospect is the Michigan edge rusher, David Ojabo. A physical beast and very productive from a guy with not a lot of football experience. Would have been a mid first rounder if he hadn’t torn his Achilles during his pro day. Since we not trying to win next year, he could heal up, learn and be ready for 2023. 

Edited by TonyTexas

I will say a lot of you guys think you are smarter than you actually are. When Mario Williams was drafted over Bush and Vince (even though we traded a haul for Schaub before the draft), everyone was having a fit. He went on the have more Pro Bowls than both Bush and Vince combined (Fuck Jeff Fisher). I remember people freaking out because we picked JJ Watt over Nick Fairley. I will say, overall, the Texans have a pretty good success in the first round since becoming a franchise (albeit recently we have traded 3 of our last 4 firsts). There's a reason the team is making these choices. 

28 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Breece Hall at #37 would be nice. Another intriguing prospect is the Michigan edge rusher, David Ojabo. A physical beast and very productive from a guy with not a lot of football experience. Would have been a mid first rounder if he hadn’t torn his Achilles during his pro day. Since we not trying to win next year, he could heal up, learn and be ready for 2023. 

Do not want a player who benefited from explosiveness and then had a full thickness Achilles tear. 

Breece Hall, ND St WR, maybe the Penn St. DE would be the next to put high talent at positions of need. 

I will say a lot of you guys think you are smarter than you actually are. When Mario Williams was drafted over Bush and Vince (even though we traded a haul for Schaub before the draft), everyone was having a fit. He went on the have more Pro Bowls than both Bush and Vince combined (Fuck Jeff Fisher). I remember people freaking out because we picked JJ Watt over Nick Fairley. I will say, overall, the Texans have a pretty good success in the first round since becoming a franchise (albeit recently we have traded 3 of our last 4 firsts). There's a reason the team is making these choices. 

Amobe okoye and Travis Johnson are two dumb picks out of many that people like to make up for JJ
  • Like 2

Don’t forget Jason Babin and Kareem Jackson (he played a while but wasn’t a first round CB, they picked him due to some circle jerking with Saban).

More recent stinkers include CB Kevin Johnson and D2 OT Tytus Howard. The Texans are just as bad or worse than the average NFL team. But where they really suck is at second and third rounders…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Zierlien’s schtick is wearing thin. He’s a shill for anything LSU and aggy because of his hatred for Texas. I’m a big fan of the Stingley pick, but I think they missed out on a perennial Pro Bowler in Jordan Davis. That man will eat people alive. 

Edited by Yev Kassem

They either go sec or some crazy over reach

Will see what they do with all these picks but I’m almost done. I haven’t lived in Houston in over 20 years so fuck trying be a fan if they are going to a beating every year

I almost quit but then they drafted Watson so I got back on board. Of course everything turned to shit right when it was looking promising. I hate to say it but they are the Aggies of the nfl. I have no idea why I bother

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

Zierlien’s schtick is wearing thin. He’s a shill for anything LSU and aggy because of his hatred for Texas. I’m a big fan of the Stingley pick, but I think they missed out on a perennial Pro Bowler in Jordan Davis. That man will eat people alive. 

He's a 2 technician, we need a lineman.  Green can move move up and down the line, guard to tackle and he's a football player.  I trust Caserio 

15 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Two 2nd round picks for a starting QB is a ‘haul’? In any event, they acquired Schaub prior to the draft the year after Williams/Bush/VY (2007)…

Edited by Ignatius

6 hours ago, Yev Kassem said:

His wife is a Longhorn alumni and a huge fan. He doesn’t hate Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Jesus, I see this conversation is going great.Keep up the good work.

Positivity: Stingley is more physical than Sauce and played against SEC (!!!) talent, so he might actually be the better corner. 
Kenyon Green doesn’t look sexy at #15, but most mocks had him in the top 24 so it’s not like they took a third round projection (looks at Belichick and Chattanooga boy). In 5 years looking back, 35% or more of the first rounders will have been duds. If Green is still a good starter at guard, it will look like a good pick. 
The Texans have the opportunity to take a guy at #37 that was projected to be a first rounder this year. Hopefully it will be a long term starter such as RB Hall, the NDSU WR (who I bet GB is sweating will be drop to them at their next pick), or the Penn St. DE.

51 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Positivity: Stingley is more physical than Sauce and played against SEC (!!!) talent, so he might actually be the better corner. 
Kenyon Green doesn’t look sexy at #15, but most mocks had him in the top 24 so it’s not like they took a third round projection (looks at Belichick and Chattanooga boy). In 5 years looking back, 35% or more of the first rounders will have been duds. If Green is still a good starter at guard, it will look like a good pick. 
The Texans have the opportunity to take a guy at #37 that was projected to be a first rounder this year. Hopefully it will be a long term starter such as RB Hall, the NDSU WR (who I bet GB is sweating will be drop to them at their next pick), or the Penn St. DE.

#15 is a high pick for a guard.

45 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Hopefully he turns into something. The OL is horrible 

I wonder if there was any interest in that pick to move back a couple more spots. green or Johnson would have still been available 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Caserio in interview this morning said Pittsburgh offered to trade up to #15 from #20, but Houston was afraid the two guys they were targeting (one obviously was Kenyon Green) would be gone by then, and there was a big talent drop off starting around #18.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

No it isn't. 

See: Brandon Scherff, Zack Martin, Quenton Nelson, Jonah Williams, Alijah Vera-Tucker....all drafted middle of the first round or higher. 

If Green is the mauler they say he is who can play multiple positions on an OL in desperate need of help, that is a solid pick. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

No it isn't. 

See: Brandon Scherff, Zack Martin, Quenton Nelson, Jonah Williams, Alijah Vera-Tucker....all drafted middle of the first round or higher. 

If Green is the mauler they say he is who can play multiple positions on an OL in desperate need of help, that is a solid pick. 

im Going with he was a good pick, two time all American is something. Haven’t looked at his pro day #’s