2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

Atlanta Falcons. The #8 and 2 other 1sts and 2 2nds and Kyle Pitts. That’s proper compensation. Caserio fucked this up. He should have NEVER allowed the Browns to meet Deshaun with that shit as trade compensation. The Texans controlled who could contact and negotiate with Deshaun. FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS

14 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Atlanta Falcons. The #8 and 2 other 1sts and 2 2nds and Kyle Pitts. That’s proper compensation. Caserio fucked this up. He should have NEVER allowed the Browns to meet Deshaun with that shit as trade compensation. The Texans controlled who could contact and negotiate with Deshaun. FAILURE ON ALL LEVELS

Its hard to tell if you're stupid or insane with all the yelling

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I think the trade is fine. Watson has baggage as well as leverage. He also faces some sort of suspension. His contract demands from the potential  trading partners probably decreased the return some. All in all, Caserio didn’t panic and came close to maximizing the return. 

On paper but let's see who passes the Football Faith and Family test on draft day. 

1 hour ago, Macklemore said:

Stupid trades with poor value received  get my dander up.

What part of NO TRADE CLAUSE don’t you understand? You act as if this was all within Caserio’s control. I agree I was surprised there wasn’t a second round pick or a young starter. Then I saw why Watson went to Cleveland. They were obviously the only team to offer a fully guaranteed contract. That gave them more leverage than anyone expected last night when it was reportedly down to ATL or NO. 

5 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Lol are you really dumb enough to believe Atlanta was going to fucking trade Kyle Pitts?

8 hours ago, Macklemore said:

This team is going to be shit for the rest of the decade. FIRE CASERIO. NO 2nds!!!, no ChubbHub, Kareem Hunt, or any established stars. FUCK THE TEXANS!

Um Caserio got a great deal on this trade, wtf. When was the last time three first round picks were traded? The Texans are finally done with the Deshaun drama and they don't have to pay him that fat contract. You're fucking high man. 

• Like 1

I would be ecstatic if Hutchinson were there at #3 but there’s no way; I’m guessing Jacksonville takes him first overall. Detroit actually has a fairly solid set of tackles so I’d bet on them taking Hamilton or one of the corners. More than anything you can’t miss on this pick, which is why in this scenario I’d take Neal and not think twice about it…

According to Above the Cap, Texans currently are $118MM below the projected 2023 cap, with a handful of likely cuts that would easily push that total over $130MM. Assuming they don’t fuck up the high picks and/or free agents (obviously a huge if), we could finally stop pulling out of the O’Brien/DeShaun shitshow of the last 2 years….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

According to Above the Cap, Texans currently are $118MM below the projected 2023 cap, with a handful of likely cuts that would easily push that total over $130MM. Assuming they don’t fuck up the high picks and/or free agents (obviously a huge if), we could finally stop pulling out of the O’Brien/DeShaun shitshow of the last 2 years….

Is that including 4/5ths of Deshaun’s $27M signing bonus on a contract that was voided before it began? 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wouldn’t take a safety that high. It almost never works out. Don’t screw this up Texans. Neal/Hutchinson/Ikem at 3, best available at 13.

Yeah, how often has a safety changed a team into a perennial playoff team? Not Jamal Adams who was dealt to a second team for two #1’s (and the team then missed the playoffs). Not Eric Berry. Not Sean Taylor. Certainly not Adam Archuletta. The best I could think of was Troy Polamalu, who was #16 pick and not drafted based on beastly measureables. But if drafting a player at #3 who isn’t a bust and starts most games for the next 4-5 years is the metric for success, I guess Hamilton is a good pick. 

I am hoping a team in the 5-10 range has their eye on a specific OT, or wants to come up for Hamilton or if Hutchison drops, and offers up their second rounder or a 2023 first for the trade up to #3. I doubt it will happen though, since this draft is deep with good prospects but low on sure fire super stars or glitzy QBs. 

• Like 1

Restructuring Tunsil was the right move … if you want to keep him. But why do the Texans want to keep him? The guy refuses to run block and quit on his team last year. 

I’d take a late first for him right now. 

Despite my best judgment, I hope the Texans kept Tunsil so they don’t have to draft Neal or Ikem, and they’re trying to trade back for more picks.

17 hours ago, APMP said:

I'm all for trading back if you trust the front office to hit on their draft picks. I don't.

The Texans now have 11 picks in this year’s draft. I don’t imagine they’ll be doing a lot of trading back for additional picks. Quite the opposite in fact. 

• Like 1

The Texans now have 11 picks in this year’s draft. I don’t imagine they’ll be doing a lot of trading back for additional picks. Quite the opposite in fact. 

Yeah, if there is a player they really like they have the assets to go get him.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:29 AM, Gourmand said:

Um Caserio got a great deal on this trade, wtf. When was the last time three first round picks were traded? The Texans are finally done with the Deshaun drama and they don't have to pay him that fat contract. You're fucking high man. 

I think the problem is that the 2023 and 2024 picks will be in the 20s. Though if Watson misses significant time in 2022, then the 2023 pick could be in the teens again.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:53 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Restructuring Tunsil was the right move … if you want to keep him. But why do the Texans want to keep him? The guy refuses to run block and quit on his team last year. 

I’d take a late first for him right now. 

Despite my best judgment, I hope the Texans kept Tunsil so they don’t have to draft Neal or Ikem, and they’re trying to trade back for more picks.

The thing with Tunsil is that the restructure made him an even more attractive trade candidate. He’s still got the same two years left on his deal, but for the acquiring team he would be a $10MM hit in each of those years, which is an insanely low cap hit for your starting LT. I still hold out hope that we draft Neal/Ickey at #3 and deal Tunsil to (say) Cincy for their 1 and 2 this year….

21 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Good. He sucks now just like the team.

I have been waiting for Pancakes to retire forever. He was a shill and apologist for Bud Adams moving our beloved Oilers to Nashville. He was lazy and always carried the water for ownership and management in this town. The lack of accountability and pressure put on our teams by his pillow soft coverage has been a factor, IMO, that has allowed the Oilers and Texans to get away with over 40+ years of mostly crappy football during his tenure.

Houston’s NFL teams have the fewest collective accomplishments of ANY other NFL franchise. No Super Bowl appearances in over 60 years of pro football existence. We have the longest drought of any NFL city when it comes to conference championship games. Detroit, Cleveland, NY Jets and Jags have all been to the conference championship games since our last one back in 1979. If he did his job and held this team to account like other NFL beat writers, there’d be no way the Texans could have gotten away with clowns like BOB, Culley and Snake Easterby beating the Houston fan base down with horrible moves. Houston deserves better from the Texans and Chronicle subscribers like myself have deserved better coverage for decades. Good riddance Pancakes don’t let the door hit you out on your ass.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Macklemore said:

I have been waiting for Pancakes to retire forever. He was a shill and apologist for Bud Adams moving our beloved Oilers to Nashville. He was lazy and always carried the water for ownership and management in this town. The lack of accountability and pressure put on our teams by his pillow soft coverage has been a factor, IMO, that has allowed the Oilers and Texans to get away with over 40+ years of mostly crappy football during his tenure.

Houston’s NFL teams have the fewest collective accomplishments of ANY other NFL franchise. No Super Bowl appearances in over 60 years of pro football existence. We have the longest drought of any NFL city when it comes to conference championship games. Detroit, Cleveland, NY Jets and Jags have all been to the conference championship games since our last one back in 1979. If he did his job and held this team to account like other NFL beat writers, there’d be no way the Texans could have gotten away with clowns like BOB, Culley and Snake Easterby beating the Houston fan base down with horrible moves. Houston deserves better from the Texans and Chronicle subscribers like myself have deserved better coverage for decades. Good riddance Pancakes don’t let the door hit you out on your ass.

I don’t think the door’s going to be able to miss…

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...