2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

Lulz at Culley. You stop them on 3rd down to force a long FG attempt but you accept a holding penalty instead. Then rough the passer and give up a long TD pass.

Absolutely a dumb fucking decision from a guy that should never be making those decisions.

Though Strong’s defense is looking as good as it did at Texas year 2+.

LOL first place!

Maybe a couple weeks of bad play by some of the Watson suitors will make them willing to roll the dice on suspension risk andpull the trigger to win this year. Philly did well with Hurts, so they’re probably standing pat. Maybe the Dolphins, Redskins, Falcons, or Broncos. The Panthers won but it didn’t sound like Darnold was a world beater. 

Man, the talent on this roster is in the 2-3 lowest in the league, if not the worst. Having said that, this team looked well-coached today - no excessive penalties, had some creative play calling, no horrible busted coverages, etc. I don’t expect shit from this team, but honestly Culley rolled a more prepared team out there today than fuckwad BOB did the last 5 season openers….

• Like 3

Man, the talent on this roster is in the 2-3 lowest in the league, if not the worst. Having said that, this team looked well-coached today - no excessive penalties, had some creative play calling, no horrible busted coverages, etc. I don’t expect shit from this team, but honestly Culley rolled a more prepared team out there today than fuckwad BOB did the last 5 season openers….
He really did.

They were well prepared and shockingly efficient at the outset such that they didn't get way behind early like we typically saw under BOB. Nice rebound from that first possession three and out.

Pharaoh Brown looked great today btw.

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

Maybe Culley is a Mack Brown type for the Texans, an awe shucks guy at the top that delegates. 

They looked like a football team with potential in spite of their lack of talent. If only they could play the Jags and Jets for the next 16 games. 

Culley is an idiot. That much was clear after he accepted the holding penalty after a 3rd down stop. You are up 14-0, and Jacksonville has to attempt a long FG. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Culley is an idiot. That much was clear after he accepted the holding penalty after a 3rd down stop. You are up 14-0, and Jacksonville has to attempt a long FG. 

Eh, don’t you have to trust your defense to (a) hold on 3rd and 19 and (b) not commit a stupid fucking penalty that had nothing to with the defensive effort at all? That would have turned a 47 yard FG into a 57 yard FG.

Cullee may well be a dipshit, but overall I thought he did a good job yesterday. We’re still going to end up in the top 3 of the draft, I’d just rather not go through a season of 50-0 games to get there…

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Eh, don’t you have to trust your defense to (a) hold on 3rd and 19 and (b) not commit a stupid fucking penalty that had nothing to with the defensive effort at all? That would have turned a 47 yard FG into a 57 yard FG.

Cullee may well be a dipshit, but overall I thought he did a good job yesterday. We’re still going to end up in the top 3 of the draft, I’d just rather not go through a season of 50-0 games to get there…

Agreed, it's a huge stretch to call him an idiot for accepting that penalty. I questioned it in real time just because I'm conditioned to expect the worst possible result for the Texans and would rather just let them kick a manageable FG attempt but pushing them back another ten yards and into extreme FG range and 3rd and 19 is honestly what 99% of NFL coaches would do. Seems like picking nits imo. 

On the road home from Fayetteville, I was seriously considering the fact that I might need a new hobby. Then the gates to the Yellow Lot opened at 8AM. The beer started flowing in me. The weather was quite nice for mid-September. The Texans kick some Jaguar ass. All seems well in the world.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bernard said:

On the road home from Fayetteville, I was seriously considering the fact that I might need a new hobby. Then the gates to the Yellow Lot opened at 8AM. The beer started flowing in me. The weather was quite nice for mid-September. The Texans kick some Jaguar ass. All seems well in the world.

Bernard

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

I was no fan of the Culley hiring. But from a scheme and execution standpoint this team is very well coached. That screen pass TD was executed beautifully. Neither King Bill not that fucking idiot Mike Devlin could ever get our offense to execute like that. Give Coach Culley his due. I still hate Easterby and Cal. As long as they put out team I can root I can forget about them. I can root for this team.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

I was no fan of the Culley hiring. But from a scheme and execution standpoint this team is very well coached. That screen pass TD was executed beautifully. Neither King Bill not that fucking idiot Mike Devlin could ever get our offense to execute like that. Give Coach Culley his due. I still hate Easterby and Cal. As long as they put out team I can root I can forget about them. I can root for this team.
Could we all have been wrong about him? This team looks respectable.

Yeah they didn't do the maintenance on the roof so they are scared to open it, it will get stuck open. The franchise is shit-tier and I hope they send the team to another state like the spoilers. Fuck the Toxins. Pass on VY and forever I'll hate ya. I wanted to root for Watson so bad but the Toxins turned into into a rub n tug predator I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2