2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I really don't want the Texans to win this game, but it's such a bad QB draft it probably don't make a shit. 

Draft Will Anderson. See what you have in Mills in Year 2. Draft a QB in 2023 if necessary. 

They have so many needs that they will be able to go best available in 2022.  But it won’t be Anderson. He’s not eligible until 2023. 

59 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

texans can't even tank correctly....Jags secure 1st pick

At least there’s no clear #1 this year; I don’t see any way that pick is higher than #3, and I’d be fine with any of Thibodeaux, Hutchinson or Neal. Of course, they’ll probably deal their 2023 1st rounder to move up to #1 and take the Liberty QB cuz he’s all about their core values….

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Davis Mills looks pretty damned good. If they can move Watson for some picks, they might be a playoff team in a couple years. 

He might not be the long term answer but he’ looks good enough to allow them to pass on this year’s JAG QB draft class and go best available. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

He might not be the long term answer but he’ looks good enough to allow them to pass on this year’s JAG QB draft class and go best available. 

Agreed. Go best available and evaluate Mills another year. 

Not really buying the Texans are hopeless narrative that 790 and 97.5 are putting out there every day. 

15 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Totally agree; for every team that finds their franchise QB with a top-10/15 pick, there’s another 5 that overreach out of need. This team has way too many holes to fill to not go BPA, and worst-case if they find their franchise QB in 2023, having his backup on a rookie contract for two years isn’t the worst use of a third-round pick…

Edited by Ignatius

I wish the Texans would trade Watson…get the best they can in overall picks…even if it’s not exactly what they want for him. Our some real effort into coaching up Mills to see what you have there. Try to be a little aggressive in free agency. I think next years draft is somewhat loaded on defense so pick up some game changers there and in the running game. It sounds so easy and stupid to even say. Lol. 

Philly has 3 #1’s this year and NYG likely have two top 10 picks. Theoretically he could go to Seattle in a 3 team deal for whoever gets Russell Wilson. Denver, Saints, Pittsburgh, and WFT will need a QB. Hopefully Watson drops his threat to only waive the no trade for Miami and Carolina. 

17 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Can’t even tank correctly…

Meh. I will never bitch about winning games. They still slot at the #3 pick with #6 probably worst case. Tanking not as important this year with no QBs predicted to go in the top 10. The trade market at the top of the draft won’t be as robust. There are a lot of very good players in the top 10 particularly on the offensive and defensive line along with a couple of difference makers in the secondary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Meh. I will never bitch about winning games. They still slot at the #3 pick with #6 probably worst case. Tanking not as important this year with no QBs predicted to go in the top 10. The trade market at the top of the draft won’t be as robust. There are a lot of very good players in the top 10 particularly on the offensive and defensive line along with a couple of difference makers in the secondary. 

Agree. But the #1 pick is valuable. There is always some team that falls in love with a scrub like Mario Williams and is willing to overpay to move up.
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Philly has 3 #1’s this year and NYG likely have two top 10 picks. Theoretically he could go to Seattle in a 3 team deal for whoever gets Russell Wilson. Denver, Saints, Pittsburgh, and WFT will need a QB. Hopefully Watson drops his threat to only waive the no trade for Miami and Carolina. 

If DeShaun doesn’t agree to waive his no-trade clause the Texans need to draw a line in the sand and say “hope you enjoyed your year off, you are our starting QB as of now” and see who blinks first. Say what you want about his dick-waggling ways, I think he’s too much of a competitor to show up and just mail it in/tank. I thinks he’d hold out instead, in which case they’d at least not be paying him.

Philly and the the Giants are the most desirable choices. The Giants have no cap space for DeShaun and their OL might somehow be worse than the Texans’; they’re sitting pretty at #5 and #6 right now in a really good OL draft. Philly is a possibility, but only with the no-trade waiver…

IF and I mean capital IF the Texans are tanking properly, Deshaun sitting this year both stoked trade interest and ensured we’d suck enough to draft high, so it was by design.

I expect a Deshaun trade before the draft as a part of the tank should be using his trade return in this draft and allowing the tank to only lapse one year before an actual rebuild gets underway.

But if they can’t trade, and if they feel like a one year tank is enough, you show him what you brought to the table to entice him to come back, then play hardball and say this year no salary and more decay of your prime years - that’s enough for anyone I’d think.

This is assuming Caserio is competent enough to tank this right, big IF. But if he is, the trade gets done.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Why would anyone trade for him and his contract?

He’s still a top 5 LT. They wouldn’t get a haul, but they might get one late first from a contender or a second from whoever. I’d deal him for a second and filler. They got a 2nd and 5th and a player for Duane Brown once upon a time.