2021-22 PGA thread

Wally Fairway

solid field for the Byron Nelson this week.  word must have gotten out after last year's event that TPC Craig Ranch is a good course and this event is worth playing in.  finally.  this event has sucked ever since Byron died (and they reined in the Pavillion).  oh, and it sold out.

Edited by Jive Turkey

15 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

solid field for the Byron Nelson this week.  word must have gotten out after last year's event that TPC Craig Ranch is a good course and this event is worth playing in.  finally.  this event has sucked ever since Byron died (and they reined in the Pavillion).  oh, and it sold out.

And I'd imagine Bryson isn't playing because he's still injured. 

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

have you played there ?

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Spieth and Scottie are probably enough to get a sell out this year, but that’s a better field than they’ve had in a while.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:19 PM, Atxracer said:

This is probably the dissenting post due to the media and that’s ok.  But, he’’s actually a pretty cool guy in real life. I can forgive the tempers while in competition.  IRL, I think I am a pretty laid back likable guy.  You stick me in a race car with the competitive juices flowing and it’s Jekyll and Hyde.  

hes a classless jerk, this has been well established since his early years 

10 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

It’s kind of funny that an Ace adds pressure to your round. Nobody wants to say they fired up an 87 when they tell that story. Two Aces? You don’t want to be the guy that can’t break par if you do that haha

I would gladly shoot a one fucking 50 if I had two aces in a round.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Career earnings maybe for Dufner?

Pretty sure he’s already used that loop hole. 

seems like the Saudi tour is made for a wash out like dufner. He dumped the hot wife and lost weight, also lost his golf game 

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Career earnings maybe for Dufner?

past champion's exemption, i'm guessing.  Duff daddy won the Nelson in 2012.

edit:

just checked the "Inside the Field" page:

Sponsor's exemption (members not otherwise exempt)
Jason Dufner
Justin Leonard

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I was wondering about ol' Dufner the other day. The last I'd seen from him, he was falling asleep in an elementary school. 

We'll always have that moment he slapped his hot wife's ass after winning the PGA on national TV. Life was good.

spacer.png