OK State at Boise Smurfs. FS1

The Virginian

9 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

OkState offense just looks like shit this year

It’s been shit.  I sorta hated on Lego Man Yurchich, but he either had more creativity or turned off his headset to block out gundy, or both…we’ve had 3 OCs now that like dive, dive, bomb and I feel like it’s Gundy forcing conservative crap since Rudolph left.  Don’t use TE, don’t pass over the middle, insist on off tackle runs on 2nd down…

Of course we are missing half our WR corps tonight, musical chairs at OL for like the 7th year, Sanders is a turnover machine, etc.  Thanks to the defense we are leaving at the half, but I expect them to load the box 2H and we better respond else it’ll get ugly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

That game was a fucking beating.

I was telling my friends right before half that it would feel weird to only be down 20-14 because it felt like we should be down like 35-0, and then low and behold we actually take the lead and then held it for a half.

The offense is….. not good. Not good at all.  The good news is that the defense does appear to still be quite good and will basically keep us in most games.

The offense has some room to improve since 4 of our top 5 WRs were out yesterday… that had more than a little to do with the passing game situation.  We REALLY need Tay Martin and Braden Johnson back. Without those two, we have no credible threat other than Brennan Presley, and he works best when there is at least a passable deep threat on the field.

Hopefully the running game found something with Warren.  If the offense can put together ANYTHING this year, we could reel off a lot of wins because the defense is legit.

Yes we will.  Because he did.  

To which no one reacted for 2 and a half minutes in the booth. The fans didn’t really react. 21 players played football and didn’t react. One dude didn’t play football but grabbed the ball and wasn’t exactly adamant about it being a fumble. And I believe an esteemed poster here evaluated whether Bergeron had in fact already crossed the goal line and stated he had. It was close.

There are situations in which it is difficult to fault the refs. That is one. And again it’s not a certainty they missed anything. So you go ahead you perfection of a human man and be critical of that play.

Yet that’s how the cowards of the former Big 12 act. Hear bullshit from Baylor fans about which they’re just flat out wrong. Yeah ISU got hosed in 2013. There was that one time in 04 in which the ball hit the ground on a Derrick Johnson Int and they gave it to us. And the two weak roughing calls on Colt versus OU, neither of which extended drives as they weren’t 3rd downs. The late hit call on the Ags versus Case Texas team. And the OPI against Kansas. Those are the memorable Texas refs calls in the Big 12. Guess you could include the 1 second vs Nebraska, but that’s probably not a game without 3 horseshit chop block calls versus Texas.

I hear you bitch about that in public I’m whipping your ass. And go ahead and bring your friends to that party. I’ll need some rest between ass whippins because my endurance ain’t so good.

I’m not really gonna whip his ass. I’m too old, slow and fat.

I just watched a quick replay. Lowe was acting though it was fumble, but he didn’t lose it like he got the game stolen. Otherwise the depiction was accurate. There were 30 people on that field. Lowe was the only one to react. That’s cause he didn’t hit a soul. He didn’t know if he scored or not either.

Interestingly enough somebody at OSU or the league office is lying because one side says they told Grundy it was wrong but the Big 12 office denied that.

Oddly enough I prefer the Big 12, but misleading narratives are what I’ve had enough of.

Jesus. I’m didn’t read any of that drivel, but is he actually threatening to beat me up? Over a blown call from 9 years ago? This thin skinned pussy is the epitome of what other fan bases hate about Texas fans. In case any of you normal ones ever think “why does everyone hate us?”

Go ahead and flame away Mr Sensitive. I won’t read it, but it obviously will make you feel better. And he fumbled. And Poona Ford did hold.

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Jesus. I’m didn’t read any of that drivel, but is he actually threatening to beat me up? Over a blown call from 9 years ago? This thin skinned pussy is the epitome of what other fan bases hate about Texas fans. In case any of you normal ones ever think “why does everyone hate us?”

Go ahead and flame away Mr Sensitive. I won’t read it, but it obviously will make you feel better. And he fumbled. And Poona Ford did hold.

I think he was doing Surly. Relax, it's the innernets. 

I was partly joking. About the ass whipping and I addressed that subsequently.

Now what is not certain is whether you were joking. My guess is you weren’t at least not fully. In either case, you referenced that moment 9 years ago before I ever did. Yes, I realize another poster referenced it before you did.

I am interested in seeing the video that definitively proves the fumble before hitting the goal line.

And part of my point was that it was so close that only one dude in the stadium reacted to the possibility that it was a fumble. The crew in the booth saw nothing for two minutes. No one on the field reacted. That’s rare. Like the only time I’ve ever seen it.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:22 PM, JohnnyRage said:

Weird ending with both sides getting jobbed. I didn't understand that roughing the passer call. I'm not real clear on the rule. I mean if you are stretching to your limits to get to the quarterback before he throws or escapes and you are at the end of your dive, yeah the contact will be low. ?

This brings up something interesting from the Texas vs Arky game. I wasn’t sure if hitting low was also a penalty at the college level. If it is, we got double fucked on that late hit on Card. Sorry for the thread derail.

I responded separately. I just quoted this so you’d know. And I’m way more annoyed with the Jd Walsh fumble recovery than the Poona Ford call.

This brings up something interesting from the Texas vs Arky game. I wasn’t sure if hitting low was also a penalty at the college level. If it is, we got double fucked on that late hit on Card. Sorry for the thread derail.

It’s not to my knowledge. You’d think in the context of a late hit that such a hit would make the call easier. NFL - you can’t hit the QB low.

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Gotdamn, you'd think Okie boys would know when someone was riffing on RD Mercer.  One of RD's favorite threats is to whoop someone's ass right after he had "his nap"...

Edited by Cajun

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Gotdamn, you'd think Okie boys would know when someone was riffing on RD Mercer.  One of RD's favorite threats is to whoop someone's ass right after he had "his nap"...

We had a deer lease outside of Post oak Texas, three of us from Oklahoma and two guys from Texas. The three of us use to drive back and forth on weekends. I can’t tell you how many times we got Roy D Mercer and a 30 pack of Busch lights and made that drive. This is one of my favorites 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I was partly joking. About the ass whipping and I addressed that subsequently.

Now what is not certain is whether you were joking. My guess is you weren’t at least not fully. In either case, you referenced that moment 9 years ago before I ever did. Yes, I realize another poster referenced it before you did.

I am interested in seeing the video that definitively proves the fumble before hitting the goal line.

And part of my point was that it was so close that only one dude in the stadium reacted to the possibility that it was a fumble. The crew in the booth saw nothing for two minutes. No one on the field reacted. That’s rare. Like the only time I’ve ever seen it.

I don't know if I was joking or not.  I have no idea if he fumbled since I haven't seen it in 9 years.  I just like to say that, and will continue to do it every chance I get, because it obviously triggers people like you who take this shit WAY too seriously.  I have no interest in seeing  a video of it, and I don't give half a shit about a possible 9 year old fumble or a 5 year old glorious day of watching the refs buttfuck UT all day to OSU's advantage.  I think the only way to settle this is for you to Zapruder the shit out of that possible fumble, frame by frame.  Each frame should be accompanied by at least a paragraph describing in detail what we are seeing in each frame.  If you could have that for us by Friday, I think we can finally put this to bed.  But, I'll continue to bring it up and act like it was definitely a fumble every chance I get.  

Ok. And I’ll continue to act as though you’re full of shit. All that said, there’s a good chance he fumbled. There’s a good chance there’s no definitive proof. But it for damn sure is the oddest on field reaction I’ve ever seen. And again the booth too.

Yes, I’m generally curious about the true result of that. It’s not like we got a tainted Big 12 champ or National Championship out of the deal.

I can’t stand refs for their blatant Jack assery but on a rare occasion will not fault them for their errors or theoretical errors. The Boise State fumble TD being one of those.

But yes since it is the internet I feel the freedom to aggressively run my mouth. And if by chance we find ourselves face to face nearing fisticuffs, I’ll give you some helpful insight. Do your best Muhammad Ali floating like a butterfly. 10, maybe 15, seconds ought to do. I’ll be tired by then and your odds go up tremendously.